Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Autumn (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=41382)

gualbert 09.17.2010 12:04 PM

Autumn

Is there autumn in your area?
I mean a regular one: the temperature getting progressively colder, the leaves turning yellow, then orange, then red, then falling.

I haven't witness that for at least 5 years, maybe 10 or more, in my area (Paris).
Nowadays, the leaves remain green on trees until the end of november, then they fall.

Bye bye autumn, season of the past.. (in western Europe).

hevusa 09.17.2010 12:07 PM

The tween seasons (spring and fall) seem to be disappearing everywhere because of global warming.

sad, sad state of affairs.

GeneticKiss 09.17.2010 12:08 PM

It's definitely fall here in Pittsburgh...and I'm happy about that because fall's easily my favorite season--football, Halloween, chilly temps, earlier evenings...what more could one want out of a single recurring time period?

gualbert 09.17.2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
football, Halloween, chilly temps, earlier evenings

This doesn't make fall.
The new Simpson season neither.

noisereductions 09.17.2010 12:28 PM

Autumn rules. I live in New England, so yeah. The leaves are already starting to change, which looks amazing juxtaposed against the somewhat gothic vs puritan architecture of my town.

knox 09.17.2010 12:32 PM

well, no. we're approaching spring but there's like:

cold - autumn/part of winter
much colder with no rain ever - peak of winter
warm - spring
fucking hot with daily storms - summer

DeadDiscoDildo 09.17.2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Autumn rules. I live in New England, so yeah. The leaves are already starting to change, which looks amazing juxtaposed against the somewhat gothic vs puritan architecture of my town.

I still get fall here in the midwest, but I was born in lynn, next to salem mass, miss the fall there so bad!

gualbert 09.17.2010 12:39 PM

Pics of the forest of your area are welcome btw. (fall/autumn style).

tesla69 09.17.2010 12:43 PM

its the best time of the year in the northeast - apples, pumpkins, crisp mornings. Sweater weather. We had such a dry summer the leaves have been falling in the Hudson Highlands area where I hike (just north of NYC)since mid-August.

noisereductions 09.17.2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
I still get fall here in the midwest, but I was born in lynn, next to salem mass, miss the fall there so bad!

oh word, I know Lynn. Went thru it visiting the Witches of Salem last year.

noisereductions 09.17.2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gualbert
Pics of the forest of your area are welcome btw. (fall/autumn style).

I'll take some pics next time I'm on the bike path that runs through my town. Nice foresty stuff.

SuperCreep 09.17.2010 01:00 PM

it's the only season that's consistently pleasant and doesn't overstay it's welcome. love it.

noisereductions 09.17.2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCreep
it's the only season that's consistently pleasant and doesn't overstay it's welcome. love it.

OMG is the board agreeing on something?

viewtiful alan redux 09.17.2010 01:12 PM

Fall is a great, reflective and pleasent part of the year.
Fall has always been a good time of year for me.

ploesj 09.17.2010 01:39 PM

we still have it here... i love going to the beach then, it's not too cold but still deserted and grey.

Rob Instigator 09.17.2010 01:44 PM

No autumn here in HOuston. We have 4-5 months of summer temps, then it cools but the trees do not turn yellow nor orange. mid-temperate zone and all of that....everrything stays lush and green until it gets truly cold.

Winter lasts about 2 months here. Then it is right back to lush green

jon boy 09.17.2010 03:08 PM

my favorite time of year this is. its cooler so i can function on a daily basis and everything starts to look really nice, there is just something nice in the air.

Genteel Death 09.17.2010 03:16 PM

The weather has been awesome this side of the world all summer*, and today it felt mostly sunny and slightly chilly in an autumnal way.
* by that I mean we've both been in harmony, not necessarily bad or good.