Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Been awhile since i've been online...whats been going on? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9534)

Washing Machine 01.02.2007 06:21 PM

Been awhile since i've been online...whats been going on?
 
I've just had a quick look through a few threads, noticed a lot of newbies!Whats been going on guys? How was Xmas/New Year?

Hip Priest 01.02.2007 07:14 PM

Yeah, WM, some new people joined, some others seem to have left, we talked about cheese for a bit, there was this really good thread that some dude started, some boardies have posted some really good music, someone got angry about something, which made some other person angry, you should check out the 'post comething (sic) completely irrelevent' thread, there's been hardly any discussion about the SY b-sides and rarities LP, the mixtape-swapping thing is really good, my laptop exploded and we had to get a new one (which is OK in a way because this one's better), cryptowonderdruginvogue does an internet radio thingy sometimes, k-krack's pretty good at playing i-spy, we seem to talk about films a lot, a couple of boardies have been doing some stuff, MAnchester City have just won three - three - games on the trot (which isn't really board related except that I support them), it turns out some of us are religious, we all listed Sonic Youth LPs in order of preference several times, we talked about weather, someone was annoyed because something happened somewhere, someone else got a new job, Christmas and New Year seem to have gone more or less very well for more or less everyone, someone bought a guitar, so did someone else in fact, several people have been shopping for stuff in fact, someone was rather ill a couple of days ago and someone has a very nice avatar.

HECKLER SPRAY 01.02.2007 07:17 PM

Hey, Washing Machine, how are you ? I'm a newbie, so I can't tell to you what 's new on this forum, but I think it's a good one, cool guys here. Concerning Christmas and New Year Eve, for me, it was not so bad, a lot of alcohol and few presents, a lot of music and few good moments with friends.

Washing Machine 01.02.2007 07:49 PM

Always good to see new people on the forum and thanks Hip Prest for the update! I've had an awesome Xmas (dispite the fact that I always dread it)...I got this awesome Huge book with every single work by Shakesphere in it (yes I'm a Geek), 'Yes' - A Yoko Ono Retrospective, a case of Guinness and a load of other cool stuff.

New Year we had the most awesome mother of all parties at my house. Unfortunely one of my friends drunkenly let slip to my mother that I occasionally smoke weed (which was greeting with much indifference from my mother)...Doenst really matter though... one of my resolutions is to give up smoking altogether (although I only ever smoke once in awhile, and thats only when i'm drunk Still...)

Hip Priest 01.02.2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Washing Machine
...I got this awesome Huge book with every single work by Shakesphere in it (yes I'm a Geek)...


Decent present. I'm a bit of a Shakespeare enthusiast myself.

'The Tempest' and 'Timon of Athens' are my two favourite plays of his. I've was reading a lot of stuff about his works not so long ago.

Пятхъдесят Шест 01.02.2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Yeah, WM, some new people joined, some others seem to have left, we talked about cheese for a bit, there was this really good thread that some dude started, some boardies have posted some really good music, someone got angry about something, which made some other person angry, you should check out the 'post comething (sic) completely irrelevent' thread, there's been hardly any discussion about the SY b-sides and rarities LP, the mixtape-swapping thing is really good, my laptop exploded and we had to get a new one (which is OK in a way because this one's better), cryptowonderdruginvogue does an internet radio thingy sometimes, k-krack's pretty good at playing i-spy, we seem to talk about films a lot, a couple of boardies have been doing some stuff, MAnchester City have just won three - three - games on the trot (which isn't really board related except that I support them), it turns out some of us are religious, we all listed Sonic Youth LPs in order of preference several times, we talked about weather, someone was annoyed because something happened somewhere, someone else got a new job, Christmas and New Year seem to have gone more or less very well for more or less everyone, and quite a lot of other stuff happened too.


Well said Hipster.

BUT....

You left out that guy, uh, Пятхъдесят Шест making an awesome thread called Shortwave Radio. Hm. Yes.

Hip Priest 01.02.2007 08:11 PM

Oh yeah WM, some cool dude called Пятхъдесят Шест is responsible for a really supercool thread about shortwave radio that he and I both love and which is a very cool hobby and not nerdy at all so if I were you I'd watch what you say on the issue because we shortwave enthusiasts are a hard-ass bunch who give no ground and take no crap.

Пятхъдесят Шест 01.02.2007 08:18 PM

Thats right!

Fear it!

 

Danny Himself 01.02.2007 08:20 PM

I spent many years in a Shortwave Radio-fanatic's Gulag. It was not very nice.

Hip Priest 01.02.2007 08:22 PM

You must have some fond memories? Radio Romania? Radio Tirana? Long biographies of obscure Eastern European politicians?

Danny Himself 01.02.2007 08:25 PM

No, they didn't really try to educate me much. I was much like Steve McQueen, locked in 'the cooler'.

Hip Priest 01.02.2007 08:28 PM

If only you'd paid proper attention, you'd know all about Bulgarian honey-making and stray dogs in Bucharest and the political climate in the Ukraine and the history of Polish folk music and all sorts of other essential things.

Пятхъдесят Шест 01.02.2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
If only you'd paid proper attention, you'd know all about Bulgarian honey-making and stray dogs in Bucharest and the political climate in the Ukraine and the history of Polish folk music and all sorts of other essential things.


Let us not forget the star of Shortwave, Brother Stair.

Hip Priest 01.02.2007 08:35 PM

Maranatha.

Hip Priest 01.02.2007 08:37 PM

I'm going to stream him now, since Radio Prague's English broadcast is over.

Inhuman 01.08.2007 01:36 AM

Nothing too exciting really. Quite a while ago people phoned Habib late at night and he banned tonnes of souls, I created an (unsuccesful) website which I plan to rebuild sometime this year, Porkie posted over 50 threads about Americans being twats, One of the boardies came out of the closet, annd other than that not too much. It's all pretty old news too

Washing Machine 01.08.2007 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Quite a while ago people phoned Habib late at night and he banned tonnes of souls


I remember this happening awhile ago (as in a few months ago). Did it happen again?

Anyways who got banned?

SynthethicalY 01.08.2007 03:54 AM

Also that Cantankerous seemed to have left.

sonicl 01.08.2007 04:18 AM

And Truncated doesn't post very often any more, which is a shame. Although she probably doesn't see it that way.

Norma J 01.08.2007 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Nothing too exciting really. Quite a while ago people phoned Habib late at night and he banned tonnes of souls, I created an (unsuccesful) website which I plan to rebuild sometime this year, Porkie posted over 50 threads about Americans being twats, One of the boardies came out of the closet, annd other than that not too much. It's all pretty old news too


People rang Habib? How do you all get each others phonenumbers? Or were you just being silly?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth