Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dumb Conspiracy Theories (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6315)

dazedcola 09.21.2006 10:39 PM

Dumb Conspiracy Theories

In my history class today we were talking about 9/11 and this idiot kid starts talking about this doc called loose change (endorsed by charlie sheen) that says bush crashed the planes on purpose into the WTC so he would have an excuse to go war and could become a dictator. I had to hold back every urge not to smack the kid upside the head.It reminds me of dumbasses that say the moon landing never happened.

do any of your friends have any dumb conpiracy theories?

what are some of the weirdest ones out there? im interested to hear them now

Cantankerous 09.21.2006 10:39 PM

conspiracy theories are impossible if you ask me. SOMEONE is bound to find out and then it wouldn't be so fucking arcane and sinsiter, now would it?
therefore they are all dumb.

GeneticKiss 09.21.2006 11:12 PM

Another Sept. 11th conspiracy theory said that the buildings didn't fall from the fire, but they were demolished from the inside by explosives planted by the government.

This was often spouted on the old board by none other than tesla69.

HaydenAsche 09.21.2006 11:28 PM

All are stupid.

Norma J 09.22.2006 12:41 AM

JFK was killed by the CIA, though.

LifeDistortion 09.22.2006 12:56 AM

I like the one about the moon, you know, how its made out of cheese. MMM, moon.

jon boy 09.22.2006 03:11 AM

some conspiracies are more plausible then reality.

porkmarras 09.22.2006 03:16 AM

I can't believe people still believe this sort of rubbish.It adds up to no more than an animated pub chat and not much else.Pathetic.

jon boy 09.22.2006 03:19 AM

what i dont like is why there has to be a godamn conspiricy for everything.

porkmarras 09.22.2006 03:28 AM

That's a very american thing,i think.

static-harmony 09.22.2006 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
That's a very american thing,i think.

No, it is a very Liberal American think to think.

Toilet & Bowels 09.22.2006 06:41 AM

i wish american's would fucking shut up about 9/11

wax 09.22.2006 07:31 AM

obviously most of those theories are bollox.
but to say that all of them are bollox is the same as saying all of them are true.
also, the fact that our countries and our world are controlled by very untrustworthy people, does kind of make me suspicious of alot of things.
but i really get pissed off by the people who believe anything. those people who have a conspiracy theory for everything and give their whole life to complete shite.
its like being completely left wing or completely right wing.
there is a middle ground and its called COMMON SENSE.

porkmarras 09.22.2006 07:35 AM

Yeah but the reality of facts is one thing and conspiracy theories are another thing alltogether.And Christ,could dumb pacifists stop going on and on and on about how war is bad?Fine,war is bad and all that but man doesn't go to war because he's bad or good but simply to destroy potential or actual enemies on an economical scale.Like it or not!

fishmonkey 09.22.2006 08:36 AM

yeah this guy i know always bangs on about the whole 9/11 thing as well and i'm the "ignorant cunt" who dismisses it as rubbish.. i go around "with blinkers on" just cuz i dont believe a big fat fuckin pile of shite...

"ooh shares in American Airlines went up on the 10th September"

"ooh America flew "the bin ladens" out of america on the 12th of September"

"ohh George Bush's neighbours dog gave birth to just under 3000 puppies on 9/11"

these people are 16, spend 800 hours on the internet a day and basically... have no life.

Gulasch Noir 09.22.2006 08:40 AM

the whole Holocaust ...

HaydenAsche 09.22.2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmonkey

these people are 16, spend 800 hours on the internet a day and basically... have no life.

That sounds like me but I think conspiracy theories are entirely made of horse shit.

HaydenAsche 09.22.2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulasch Noir
the whole Holocaust ...

REP

h8kurdt 09.22.2006 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
JFK was killed by the CIA, though.

The whole JFK thing does stink abit. Other than that conspiracy theories are just shit. Cobain was murdered y'know.

Rob Instigator 09.22.2006 10:41 AM

there have been many many instances in the past where "conspiracy theories" have been proven TRUE once years pass and once-sensitive information is released to the press or public.
the united states and every other governing body of the world, engages in covert, secret, unconstitutional endeavors for whatever reasons, and this feeds the paranoia. the "conspiracy theory" that bush and his people went to war in iraq becaue iof a personal agenda and not because of weapons of mass destruction or because of hussein ties to al quaeda (which was tossed around 3 years ago) is and was entirely TRUE.

do not discount the conspirace thorists. sometimes they are right.

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.

the far fetched outlandish conspiracies are easier to dismiss, such as the faked holocaust and the faked moon landing, involve so many thousands and thousands of people that would ahve to "keep a secret" that they are easy to dismiss.

however, people had theories about a conspiracy for government and business to price fix the electric utilities in california and a few years later that was all proven TRUE, and the multi billion dollar enron scandal erupted from that.

the conspiracy theory that big auto manufacturers purposefully destropyed the idea of an electric car to continue making money off of fossil fuels and internal combuistion engines was ridiculed for twenty years, but it WAS TRUE

treat everything with an open mind. do not make a judgement until you have checked the pertinent info, and if there is no pertinent info, reserve judgement until you can get some, either proving or disproving.