Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What The Fuck Are You Eating???? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2675)

!@#$%! 01.11.2021 02:57 PM

no actually the heirloom is more acidic than the regular navel i think, it has a cleary tanginess almost like a vitamin c chew, but then it has another separate range of perfumes. a bit like the blood orange, but blood orange is a different perfume. this perfume is more like... orange crush hahaha. well, more like what crush would like to be. the platonic ideal of orange crush :D

i still love the blood orange best, but this heirloom is now in contest with the cara-caras for my second favorite. you're near italy so the blood oranges should be at hand...

as for these heirlooms, i should zest them before peeling... then use the zest in some tasty bake or beverage.

Antagon 03.31.2021 01:18 PM

Gross chocolate, which is actually really tasty and not gross at all. I feel cheated.

This is so much better than the overblown and massively overrated dark chocolates by Lindt. Why must they add a filling to everything they create? Let the taste of quality, no-frills chocolate speak for itself, you don't always have to add that extra layer of fancy. My dislike for Lindt is quite intense.

_slavo_ 04.01.2021 02:44 AM

Lindt is considered as the worst type of chocolate in Switzerland and there's no wonder why.

Antagon 04.01.2021 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Lindt is considered as the worst type of chocolate in Switzerland and there's no wonder why.

Glad to hear someone recognizes it for what it is. In Austria, Lindt is really beloved. I can't, for the life of me, tell why.

_slavo_ 04.01.2021 07:44 AM

Maybe it's the fact that Austria doesn't have that much of a tradition with producing 'real' chocolate, unlike Switzerland?

!@#$%! 04.01.2021 07:50 AM

i'm eating nothing! doing a bit of intermittent fasting to lose the covid bloat :D

Antagon 04.01.2021 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Maybe it's the fact that Austria doesn't have that much of a tradition with producing 'real' chocolate, unlike Switzerland?

Fair point.

Antagon 05.06.2021 10:35 AM

It's one of those days where you gotta bring the big guns. Cause society is a hole.

Wonderful dark chocolate with awesome product design. Quite expensive, but then again it's one of those companies that actually monitor the origins of the cocoa pretty well so there's no child labor involved. So that's a big plus. Good stuff. Serotonin, embrace me now.

!@#$%! 05.07.2021 09:54 AM

eggs fried in butter

_tunic_ 05.19.2021 03:44 AM

I made Chili Con Carne, because it was in sale ;)
But it was actually really good, even though I'm not a beans person. I like all food except Mexicans ...

It's probably even better with a real homemade recipe instead of the included ready made spices package. So I might even try that at some point

!@#$%! 05.19.2021 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
[ I like all food except Mexicans ...

hannibal is that you? :D

!@#$%! 06.10.2021 09:52 AM

been fasting a bit to lose the covid weight lately.

so, today, nothing yet :D

!@#$%! 07.25.2022 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by favouritetable
spam

so you've been eating spam...

_tunic_ 01.11.2023 05:46 AM

I started baking my own bread, Irish Bread! It's a very simple and quick recipe, you don't have to wait for the dough to rise, you don't have to knead it, you don't need a bread machine, you do need an oven.
All you need is flour, buttermilk, baking soda and salt and mix that together with a spoon.

Here's the recipe I'm using, ran through Google Translate. You might want to google for your own recipe that represents whatever measurement types you're using (I can't read recipes that use Fahrenheit and cups and Oz. How many Australians do you need for one Oz :D )

I've adapted it a bit, I'm using ~100 grams regular wheat flour, and ~150 grams whole grain flour (it will require a bit more buttermilk). With only the wheat flower it tasted too much like a cake. And instead of the rosemary and salt flakes on top, I'm adding some pumpkin and sunflower seeds to the dough.
It's best when you eat it directly after it's baked. But it's still pretty good the next day as well. Haven't tried to freeze it yet.

Antagon 12.21.2023 01:59 PM

Guilin Chili style Chow Mein with fresh onions, garlic, mung bean sprouts, fresh chili and sesame seed oil.

I sautéed onions and garlic and poured in a bit of soy sauce to add flavour. Then mung bean sprouts and Chinese Broad Noodles followed - over time and some stirring, I added more sesame seed oil here and there, as well as soy sauce spread out evenly. Then I smattered a few blots of Guilin Chili sauce on top of the sizzling goodness and spread it out. The fresh chili was added in towards the end. Teriyaki sauce is optional, but it adds a nice complementary tangy sweetness to the hot and savoury dish.

tw2113 12.22.2023 11:53 AM

A bar of chocolate and some coffee at the moment.

Beer In Belly 01.26.2024 08:15 AM

Beer

!@#$%! 02.28.2024 10:49 AM

eggs
ham
shallots
butter
on rye crackers

it's been a looooooong night! and i've got more hours to go, so i need a good but non-sleepy breakfast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer In Belly
Beer

now you got me thinking... for second breakfast... this should hit the spot

The Soup Nazi 02.28.2024 06:22 PM

Kellogg's CEO Wants You to Eat Cereal for Dinner to Save Money

Pfft, what a novel idea - I've been doing it for decades...

_tunic_ 03.04.2024 01:39 PM

Jim White posted a cooking video on YT
It's the Oz version of the Swedish Chef :D:D