Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Any Sebadoh Fans? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5084)

Magic Wheel Memory 08.13.2006 12:27 AM

Any Sebadoh Fans?

After the SY show Friday night in Brooklyn, I met Jason Loewenstein. Pretty weird how it happened. I saw some guy at a bar wearing a Jason Loewenstein T-shirt, so I asked him if Jason has a solo career now. He pointed at the guy next to him and said "Yes, he does." Jason is very cool. I ended up talking to him for about 20 minutes about music and other topics. He currently plays bass for The Fiery Furnaces and did a solo record a few years back called "At sixes and sevens," which I listened to on Rhapsody. It was excellent, so I'm sure I'll pick it up.

RockerNino 08.13.2006 03:07 AM

Awesome. I miss the good ol' lou, jason, and eric days of sebadoh.

PAULYBEE2656 08.13.2006 06:02 AM

jason is a swell guy. so is eric. i interviewed em for a fanzine back in 95 in dublin around harmacy. lou was busy doing tv like a rock star. nice guys.

baby bulldog 08.13.2006 05:40 PM

Just got the III re-ish a few days ago.Awesome extras abound.

TheDom 08.13.2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baby bulldog
Just got the III re-ish a few days ago.Awesome extras abound.

Shit, I forgot it was coming out.

Gotta go to the record shop this week.

RIPfrey05 08.13.2006 05:55 PM

Sebadoh is the shit.. actually all i have is bubble and scarpe because the other ones are hard to find and i dont know which is the best to get.. whatever, i like dinosaur jr better because they dont kill themselfs at the kroger parking lot.

The Lung 08.13.2006 06:11 PM

Yeh I love Sebadoh, Bubble and Scrape is my favorite but I like everything they've put out really. I still prefer the Lou era Dinosaur Jr though. I met Lou after a Dinosaur show and he was really nice and down to earth

hey alex 08.13.2006 10:55 PM

I think Jason works or has worked at the local record store in louisville, ky... ear x-tacy. I'm pretty sure he also lives/lived here too. I'd like to meet him... and like even more to see the 'doh back together, classic style of course.

And the reIII is awesome. I love the bonus cd, that chunk of eric songs makes my day.

ricechex 08.14.2006 10:57 AM

I love Sebadoh too. I used to listen to Bakesale 24-7 when i was in a band called the Tantrums. we covered Dramamine and Careful.

i lost the damn album tho, and ordered it off Amazon. But there is a delay and it's at a reduced price, b/c maybe they are doing something in the way of a reissue with that too...?

TheDom 08.14.2006 08:02 PM

Does anybody have the III reissue?

I almost bought it today, but I didn't know if it was worth it or not.

Everyneurotic 08.14.2006 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDom
Does anybody have the III reissue?

I almost bought it today, but I didn't know if it was worth it or not.

i have the original, and the last time i heard it, i managed to get until halfway thru it before i threw it away, i get very desperate listening to it. some songs are definitely good but it's just not my kind of thing.

but i don't know, it's supposed to be one of, if not their best.

haven't heard the extras except for gimme indie rock, the lyrics are better than the song.

_slavo_ 08.15.2006 02:16 AM

I love em too

great honest rock'n'roll band

my favourite is probably Harmacy