Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Burzum's murderous frontman Count Grishnackh to be released from prison (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=29797)

sarramkrop 03.14.2009 10:53 AM

Burzum's murderous frontman Count Grishnackh to be released from prison

Varg Vikernes, infamous frontman of Norwegian black metalllers Burzum and convicted murderer, is set to be released from prision.

The singer, who styles himself as Count Grishnackh, was sent to jail 16 years ago for the killing of Mayhem's guitarist. He was also responsible for burning down three churches.

Although Vikernes was turned down for parole in September last year, according to The Guardian he will be freed this year.

"I'm ready for society and I have been for many years," he told Daglabet magazine last July. "I have learned from my mistakes and become older. Now I just want to be together with my family ... I have barely seen my son since he came into the world. Even though I hear his voice on the phone almost every day, it is very tough to not be present while he is growing up."

On release, Vikernes will initially have to see a parole officer every two weeks, and says he plans to move onto a small farm. He added that he no longer has any ties with far right groups.
http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/43405

the ikara cult 03.14.2009 01:03 PM

on a farm somewhere in Norway, a herd of goats are shitting themselves

Toilet & Bowels 03.14.2009 01:14 PM

as if he's changed his ways. how long do you think it will be before he's back in prison?

demonrail666 03.14.2009 01:30 PM

lock up your daughters

the ikara cult 03.14.2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
lock up your daughters

and your more impressionable cattle, just to be sure

SuperCreep 03.14.2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
as if he's changed his ways. how long do you think it will be before he's back in prison?

Yeah, I'm finding this hard to believe as well, especially with him escaping in a car full of guns a few years back.

vulva 03.14.2009 02:21 PM

man, last time he escaped he had a car loaded with dynamite and maps to churches. This is going to end well.

sarramkrop 03.14.2009 02:28 PM

I wonder why they are releasing him. He's nuts.

vulva 03.14.2009 02:30 PM

good behaviour probably. I've heard arguments for and against him being released... at the end of the day though I don't care. On another forum I'm on we have one dude who is furious at anyone whose against Varg's release. It's kind of funny.

SYRFox 03.14.2009 02:35 PM

Apocalypse might be before 2012 eventually

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.14.2009 10:10 PM

amerikangod 03.15.2009 04:08 AM

I don't think I've ever been excited for somene's release from prison before.

Well, except for pa. But he didn't bring with him the promise of fantastic black metal.

wellcharge 03.15.2009 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod

Well, except for pa. But he didn't bring with him the promise of fantastic black metal.

nor does varg, he's said there's no point to making black metal anymore and any project he does will sound like no other band

pbradley 03.15.2009 04:44 AM

Holy shit, that guy looks like me with his hair like that and goatee.

EDIT: wow, I didn't know he was a hardcore Lord of the Rings fan

Derek 03.15.2009 07:11 AM

If he's not making awesome black metal in the vein of Det som engang var then I couldn't care less really.

Actually keep him locked up...

Death & the Maiden 03.16.2009 05:21 AM

I read in Burzum's Anthology liner notes that when he was released he would return to the metal side of things. I also read in Lords of Chaos that he seems to have disowned his black metal stuff.

pokkeherrie 03.16.2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I wonder why they are releasing him. He's nuts.

Tsss, would you tell that to his mum?

Quote:

Varg's mother, who last year wrote a letter to Dagbladet in which she argued that her son was being unfairly treated by the justice officials who repeatedly denied his parole application, is very relieved that her son will be able to join his family in Bø (a municipality in the county of Telemark, Norway), where he recently purchased a small farm.

"I am very happy that he has been so strong and that he held out," she said. "It will be good for the family that they can be together every day."

This is the house where he's going to live (can't hotlink the image):
http://vaimg.no.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Avis=VA&Dato=20090310&Kategori=NYHET&Lopenr= 799226831&Ref=AR&MaxW=468&NoBorder

"Hmmm, should I make a Burzum Facebook or would that not be kvlt?"

atsonicpark 03.16.2009 07:45 AM

I heard he was saved by god in prison.

sonic sphere 03.16.2009 08:51 AM

someone should go and burn down his house before he gets released. see how he likes it!

Savage Clone 03.16.2009 09:22 AM

He hasn't called himself Grishnackh since before he was even in prison.