Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My little brother died today. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=41361)

Skuj 09.15.2010 11:03 PM

My little brother died today.

I'm numb. Detatched. No tears. In shock. It hasn't sunk in yet. WTF?

RIP Juris, 1965-2010.

hevusa 09.15.2010 11:05 PM

He was too young man. You have my condolences.
What happened?

Skuj 09.15.2010 11:13 PM

It's hard to say what happened. In a nutshell, too reckless/careless/depressed. Didn't care too much for the possible consequences.

My fam travels tomorrow......maybe it will really hit me when we get there, see my other bros and mum+dad.

hevusa 09.15.2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
It's hard to say what happened. In a nutshell, too reckless/careless/depressed. Didn't care too much for the possible consequences.

My fam travels tomorrow......maybe it will really hit me when we get there, see my other bros and mum+dad.

It will be good to see them so you can support each other.

ann ashtray 09.15.2010 11:27 PM

Man, so sorry to hear this. Not an easy thing to deal with, I know....

Skuj 09.15.2010 11:35 PM

Same thing happen to you Ann?

Thanks Hevusa.

SYRFox 09.15.2010 11:47 PM

I am so sorry for you man. Sincerely. You have my condolences too...

SONIC GAIL 09.16.2010 12:00 AM

I'm so sorry!!!!!

I won't give u the he's in a better place routine. I've been there when my momma died. I shed not one tear at her funeral. Like you I felt numb and detatched like it was a really bad dream. I watched her suffer for 6 months with cancer and was actually relieved when she died and I have always felt guilty for that. Death was her release though and I new that even at my naive age. Everyone knew she was going to die including her. It was just a tortorous waiting game. I am really starting to deal with it now 14 years later.

I wish she could have seen me get married and meet my kids. She woulda been the best grandma. She was a good woman, as near to perfect as you can get. She had a strong faith in god and helped everyone around her except herself. Instead of turning me away from god as most young deaths often do to people it made me believe even more and I know she will meet me in heaven one day.(please don't take this as me trying to give you a bible lesson or something, I am not sure of your faith system and am not trying to offend it's just all I know and how I deal) I did not start crying untill about 5 years after she died. I always thought my family was the perfect non divorced happy family, but now I have a step mom step sisters and my daddy aint the man I used to know.

Sorry for the rant I had to stop drawing for a minute. Going on 4 1/2 hours straight now.

Anyway, I will keep you in my prayers and do not beat yrself up for not crying and numbing out it is completely natural. Everyone reacts to this shit in different ways. It's just the brains way of dealing with shock.

tw2113 09.16.2010 12:05 AM

Sorry to hear it happened

ann ashtray 09.16.2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
Same thing happen to you Ann?

Thanks Hevusa.

A brother, no. Someone that might as well have been, yes. I'm not going to say "I know how you feel", because I don't. But I know it was really rough for me and I dread ever having to deal with it again. For me, the emotions went in phases. It was "no way, jose", to shock, to anger, to extreme sadness that lasted for a matter of months. It became, for me, more "tolerable" over the course of time, which isn't to say that I don't have days, sometimes, to where a certain song is playing or I stumble across a picture + don't break down again. I miss 'em, but I celebrate him at the same time.

Really, dude. I feel bad for your situation.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.16.2010 12:22 AM

I'm not too good with words when it comes to these things, but I feel for ya' Skuj.

DeadDiscoDildo 09.16.2010 01:23 AM

Sorry Skuj. I have no words of wisdom or advice. To each his own grievences.

atsonicpark 09.16.2010 01:30 AM

Sorry to hear this man. That's awful.

_slavo_ 09.16.2010 01:57 AM

Sorry for what happened, accept my condolences.

Satan 09.16.2010 01:59 AM

that really sucks, i'm sorry man.

stu666 09.16.2010 02:18 AM

i'm sorry to hear of yr loss Skuj.

ploesj 09.16.2010 02:41 AM

i'm so sorry to hear that skuj. there's probably noting i can say but i do wish you and your whole family all the strength you need.

FreshChops 09.16.2010 05:32 AM

so sorry skuj. It's times like this it's so comforting to know how well you take care of yourself, all athletic and all that you are and make the most of your time as a proud papa! peace brotha'

noisereductions 09.16.2010 07:09 AM

I am sorry.

knox 09.16.2010 08:33 AM

I'm so sorry.