Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Target Converse One Stars? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=19706)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.13.2008 10:06 PM

Target Converse One Stars?

are a disaster.

these are one stars:

these are one stars with a shell toe

and these silly things come from target:

uhler 02.14.2008 03:22 AM

fucking awful. i love target though. i even have a target credit card. i also rebought syd barrett's second album from target yesterday.

✌➬ 02.14.2008 03:24 AM

My next shoes.

m1rr0r dash 02.14.2008 03:43 AM

converse come in a bazillion different flavors...

i have a pair of john varvatos converse

and a hemp pair...

...it's not surprising in the slightest that you can get a $12 pair at target.

[my converse.... let me show you them.]

HaydenAsche 02.14.2008 10:45 AM

I don't care. I think Converses are mad plaid out anyways. Target is the shit. Hooray for corporate America!

afterthefact 02.14.2008 10:58 AM

How are those so bad? They don't look any different than converse, except the star and the fact that they look like they are probably made better.

floatingslowly 02.14.2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I think Converses are mad plaid

you mean like this?

HaydenAsche 02.14.2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
you mean like this?

Shit. Spelling error. I meant mad played.

Converses haven't been cool for years.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.14.2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhler
fucking awful. i love target though. i even have a target credit card. i also rebought syd barrett's second album from target yesterday.

I own no less then four grateful dead t shirts that came from target, my beef is with the ugly shoes themselves, not the franchise, though target has about as much heart as

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.14.2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
How are those so bad? They don't look any different than converse, except the star and the fact that they look like they are probably made better.

I have owned about eight pairs of original one stars, the whole damn point of the shoe is that they DONT have the shell toe like the others.

afterthefact 02.14.2008 05:28 PM

Haha, the way you said that, it would almost make somebody think it was important :)

EMMAh 02.14.2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
and a hemp pair...

These are sick.
I have two pairs, one that I love and are full of holes (some holes that I patched) and another that I don't like but have kept because shoes are shoes and someday I'll wear them. I'll probably bring them on my trip instead of my boots.
EDIT: Mine aren't hemp though, cause I'm not that cool.

gmku 02.14.2008 06:05 PM

Oh, come on. They're just shoes.

!@#$%! 02.14.2008 06:10 PM

so much fuzz about some fucking sneakers

time for a nap

m1rr0r dash 02.14.2008 06:24 PM

lol. i'm wearing camo target one stars right now.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.14.2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Oh, come on. They're just shoes.

not necessarily, converse are universally complained as being uncomfortable for long durations, and so most peope dont wear them perpetually or exclusively. Of course, if you break through this concept, and force your feet to adjust, similar in method to Shaolin, then you will find that converse turn into your feet themselves. You have to relearn how to walk, and if you already had, then you begint to take these shoes very seriously. the onestars serve as a fashionable version of such shoes, which are more of a meditation then footwear.

EMMAh 02.14.2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
not necessarily, converse are universally complained as being uncomfortable for long durations, and so most peope dont wear them perpetually or exclusively. Of course, if you break through this concept, and force your feet to adjust, similar in method to Shaolin, then you will find that converse turn into your feet themselves. You have to relearn how to walk, and if you already had, then you begint to take these shoes very seriously. the onestars serve as a fashionable version of such shoes, which are more of a meditation then footwear.

They do turn into feet. When I stopped wearing them I kept tripping because I was used to my Converse.

HaydenAsche 02.14.2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Oh, fuck off.

afterthefact 02.15.2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

Why would I ever want to relearn how to walk? It took me months to do it the first time, and my mind was developing at a much faster rate then, so who knows how long that would take now. And like gmku said, they are just shoes. Sure, if my feet got cut off it a terrible accident I would be willing to relearn how to walk, but not so I could wrap a piece of canvas around my foot.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.15.2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
Why would I ever want to relearn how to walk? It took me months to do it the first time, and my mind was developing at a much faster rate then, so who knows how long that would take now. .

maybe you learned to walk wrong? or perhaps there are just better ways to walk then the way you already learned? Thats like saying, why learn a new language, i have been speaking the one just fine?