Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   London gig guide (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6298)

This Is Not Here 12.30.2009 10:40 PM

Amen sister! Fuck the gigs, it's the only reason I'm in London, I'm telling you...

Genteel Death 12.31.2009 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
took you a while to think of that didnt it?

you want a pizza me?

I went out to buy a packet of fake tears that I can apply to my eyes, so now I can cope with your devastating wit better.

blunderbuss 12.31.2009 04:55 PM

If I may just mention a London gig...

Thursday 18 March 2010 @ The Grosvenor:
No Fun Acid (Carlos Giffoni) /
Oneohtrix Point Never

jon boy 12.31.2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I went out to buy a packet of fake tears that I can apply to my eyes, so now I can cope with your devastating wit better.

help me to help you shut up.

Genteel Death 01.02.2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

help me to help you shut up.

Make me.

jon boy 01.02.2010 01:48 PM

is that some of that legendary italian porkmarras wit? poor attempt really.

Genteel Death 01.02.2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

is that some of that legendary italian porkmarras wit? poor attempt really.

Wasn't witty at all. I am legendary at getting on your nerves successfully. And I enjoy it.

jon boy 01.02.2010 03:22 PM

yawn.

this is like every other talk i have ever had with you, real or otherwise. pretty boring.

_slavo_ 01.02.2010 03:24 PM

Genteel Death 01.02.2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

yawn.

this is like every other talk i have ever had with you, real or otherwise. pretty boring.

I'm assuming you talk to boring people only when they're able to put you up on
your visits to London or somewhere else. I guess some fellow boardies could testify to that. I like it how you hate it being disliked by me.

knox 01.03.2010 01:48 PM

im gonna see xiu xiu in february im excited.

Toilet & Bowels 01.03.2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
im gonna see xiu xiu in february im excited.

Are you coming to London?

knox 01.10.2010 08:38 AM

im there. here.
im actually seeing courtney love as well lol.
i couldnt resist.

Toilet & Bowels 01.10.2010 06:48 PM

what are you doing here, are you on holiday?

knox 01.11.2010 05:37 AM

i wish

loubarret 01.11.2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

handbags at dawn.

sombody got good tv taste here.

Florya 01.18.2010 11:29 AM

Mono @ ScaLa - March 15th (my birthday!)

blunderbuss 01.30.2010 01:55 AM

Ether, Southbank Centre’s annual music festival of innovation, art, technology and cross-arts experimentation, returns from 16 – 24 April this year with a mix of rock iconoclasts, rap pioneers, audiovisual experimenters and contemporary-classical innovators.

This year’s festival features a very special show from Lou Reed’s Metal Machine Trio based on Reed’s radical and controversial 1975 album Metal Machine Music and a rare Gil Scott-Heron London gig in which he’ll be showcasing material from his brilliant new album I’m New Here (released on XL Recordings), alongside support from 2009 Mercury Prize Winner Speech Debelle. Kicking off Ether is a one-off collaboration between Stereo MCs and The Bays, plus The Herbaliser opening the gig, while on Friday 23 April film director and video artist Chris Cunningham performs a live show of original and remixed music and film, with support from BEAK>, the new project of Portishead’s Geoff Barrow.

Also playing at this year’s festival are one of the greats from the Warp roster, Broadcast, who are joined on the bill by Micachu and The Shapes and young cellist Oliver Coates. Meanwhile, LA art-noise band HEALTH team up with the genre-trashing, visually-spectacular Chrome Hoof for a mouth-watering double-bill, and Will Dutta plays with special guests Plaid, Max de Wardener and John Richards.

Always a platform for showcasing new work, Ether in 2010 features an evening of premieres of music by Mark-Anthony Turnage (UK premiere) and Philip Glass (European premiere) plus Henryk Gorecki’s Symphony No. 3 played by the London Philharmonic Orchestra. In addition, the festival features Varèse 360° – the complete works of musique concrète pioneer and formative influence on Frank Zappa, Edgard Varèse.

There’s more to be announced including a series of talks and discussions so keep look out for further updates here and at www.southbankcentre.co.uk/ether

Toilet & Bowels 01.31.2010 07:12 AM

god damn broadcast, why can't they play a normal gig in london instead of this all-seater nonsense

Genteel Death 02.14.2010 03:51 AM

Faust
16 May UK London - Corsica Studios