Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SONICYOUTH.COM DISCOGRAPHY UPDATED -- Post your additions here... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=19034)

andrei 08.18.2009 01:22 PM

how come?

radarmaker 08.18.2009 01:26 PM

By sacrificing sound quality to cram 'em all on and save the expense of pressing twice as much wax, I presume.

andrei 08.18.2009 01:29 PM

pretty crazy for an official release. do you own this? how's the sound compared to the proper release?

radarmaker 08.18.2009 03:39 PM

Yeah, I snagged it from eBay recently.
Like the other couple of Brazilian LPs I've got, it's on fairly thin vinyl and is a little crackly, but doesn't suffer as much as you might expect given that there's 8 tracks crammed on to the second side.
It probably dates from around the time of the '93 reissue, 'cos it's got Jutta Koether's liner notes on the inner sleeve.

radarmaker 11.08.2009 01:15 PM

Just got a US-pressed copy of the Made In USA Motion Picture Soundtrack:

It's Chrysalis OV 41566, dated 1987 and states For Promotional Use Only on the label.

stu666 11.25.2009 12:11 PM

i've just got Sister LP Greek edition on Di Di records with original cover and lyric sheet sleeve. have you got this radarmaker?

stu666 11.30.2009 06:02 AM

here's some better pics of the Antenna promo

Jeremy 11.30.2009 07:19 AM

Random question that has nothing to do with this thread:

They did Sacred Trickster on Kimmel, right? Just seeing if I remember that correctly.

~Jeremy~

stu666 11.30.2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy
Random question that has nothing to do with this thread:

They did Sacred Trickster on Kimmel, right? Just seeing if I remember that correctly.

~Jeremy~

i don't think they did, maybe they had to cancel because of Lee's wrist? i'm not sure.

Chris Lawrence 11.30.2009 01:26 PM

They did 'Trickster' on Letterman, and 'No Way' on Fallon. Didn't do a Kimmel appearance this time around (Rob may be right, they might have had one scheduled around the time the LA show was originally scheduled in Sept).

stu666 11.30.2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
i do.:D

hey, if you dont mind me asking, did you pay a lot for that?

i don't mind you asking, i paid £14.99 which i don't think is too much to pay. i got it from ebay and i was the only bidder. it's in excellent condition and like i said it has the full uncensored cover. the funny thing is that even though it was from ebay the seller was my local Oxfam shop! i hardly ever go in there to look for records but i think i'll check in there more from now on.

stu666 11.30.2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
They did 'Trickster' on Letterman, and 'No Way' on Fallon. Didn't do a Kimmel appearance this time around (Rob may be right, they might have had one scheduled around the time the LA show was originally scheduled in Sept).

Rob?

on the bottom of this promo sheet it say's: late night TV appearance on The Jimmy Kimmel Show (Wednesday,September 30) as well as Austin City Limits TV performance (October 5)

Chris Lawrence 11.30.2009 02:46 PM

Haha sorry, I'd just read about 10 of Rob's posts on another topic and I guess my mind was still in that thread. :o

Yeh both Kimmel and ACL were cancelled. :(

This is how I feel after trying to sort out the first 3 years of SY's beatkeepers. :confused:

And this is how I'd react if I saw a raccoon the size of a bear. :eek:

radarmaker 11.30.2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
i've just got Sister LP Greek edition on Di Di records with original cover and lyric sheet sleeve. have you got this radarmaker?

Nup :( Think the only DiDi LP I've got is the Whitey Album.

Chris Lawrence 11.30.2009 03:25 PM

Huge thanks as always to the people keepin' this thread alive, btw...

stu666 11.30.2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radarmaker
Nup :( Think the only DiDi LP I've got is the Whitey Album.

The Di Di Sister LP that i've got isn't a gatefold sleeve though like stated here and the inside sleeve which holds the record has the lyrics on and is more of a gold colour like the Mute version but my SST version just has the lyrics printed on a seperate insert and it doesn't hold the record. is this normal?

stu666 12.01.2009 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
i do.:D

does yr copy have a gatefold cover?

radarmaker 12.02.2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
The Di Di Sister LP that i've got isn't a gatefold sleeve though like stated here and the inside sleeve which holds the record has the lyrics on and is more of a gold colour like the Mute version but my SST version just has the lyrics printed on a seperate insert and it doesn't hold the record. is this normal?

Can't help you there, I've only got Blast First & Stiletto copies. I thought it was just the AuGoGo & Flying Nun ones that had a gatefold though.

d~rek 12.03.2009 02:03 AM

Yeah Stu I think you misread the page. the only note for the DiDi release is
Quote:

NOTES: Greek release, unsure of year

stu666 12.03.2009 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d~rek
Yeah Stu I think you misread the page. the only note for the DiDi release is

oh yeah :o