Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Blood Brothers (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=7815)

EMMAh 11.07.2006 01:51 PM

Blood Brothers

I went and saw them in Montreal last night at La Tulipe with a couple of my friends and they blew me away. One of the best shows I've ever been to hahah. They were insane :D
They opened with Set Fire to the Face on Fire, but I definitely enjoyed when they played Camouflage, Camouflage the best.
Hahah I'm still in a good mood from the show.

Trasher02 11.07.2006 01:56 PM

I kinda like them... but aren't they emo? I know Nick zinner plays in the band.

HaydenAsche 11.07.2006 01:57 PM

The new cd is actually really good. Crimes was a terrible let-down. Talented teenage screamo music that isn't boring.

EMMAh 11.07.2006 02:03 PM

Yeah, I don't usually listen to bands like them but they're pretty unique. The other bands they played with blew ass though hahaha (Trail of Dead, Celebration, and Brothers & Sisters, I missed Brothers & Sisters though so I'm not sure if they sucked)

HaydenAsche 11.07.2006 02:05 PM

I like Trail of Dead but yeah. I saw the Blood Brothers open for Coheed & Cambria when I was like 11 or 12 and I threw away all my Coheed cds and bought the Blood Brothers. Thanks to them being on 31g I got into alot of good music.

Danny Himself 11.07.2006 04:56 PM

I like that Peacock Skeleton song because of the keyboards. My friend Katie is more or less obsessed with the band, so I know of stuff by association. I can never get past the grating screams, however.

Norma J 11.07.2006 06:33 PM

I've never seen them live. They came a few hours away from my town last year (first time they ventured over to these shores) but I was playing a show myself, so couldn't attend. Which was really hard for me as they've been one of my favourite bands for many years now, and one of the bands that I've wanted to see live for so long. I get my chance soon enough, I hope.

Norma J 11.07.2006 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
I kinda like them... but aren't they emo?

No! They're definitely not 'emo' or any of them shitty genres. They've their own sound which is completely unqiue within itself. The only similarity, if you wanted to compare, is that they have a huge amount of screaming in their music. But they've had that from the start, way before a year or two ago when every band started screaming because it's 'cool'. Which was one of the things I adored about them when I first got into them, as screaming at the time was so rare compared to today.

TheMadcapLaughs 11.07.2006 07:28 PM

i saw them live a few years ago, right before crimes came out in this little dingy stuffy sweaty as fuck basement. it was awesome.

Everyneurotic 11.07.2006 07:30 PM

i haven't heard the new one, but burn piano island burn is pretty fucking awesome.

and sorry but, the trail of dead are so over.

k-krack 11.07.2006 07:44 PM

The new album fuckin' rocks. It'd be killer to see them.

alteredcourse 11.07.2006 08:00 PM

i saw them open for botch about 5 years ago , and was exstatic about the performance .. bought Burn Piano Island and THe Adultery is Ripe and fell in love ...
eventually i got sorta burned out about them (similarly to my excitement over mindless self indulgence) but recently listened to crimes and was incredibly bored . i couldnt figure out if id just completely moved away from their sound as a whole or if just that album sucked hard .

but theyre coming around here soon, i think i might see them .

Everyneurotic 11.07.2006 08:04 PM

god! botch!!!

k-krack 11.07.2006 08:04 PM

Why does everyone dislike Crimes so much? I remember loving it. (Though that was last year, and I heard it before hearing B,PI,B and Young Machetes*.

*obviously.

Everyneurotic 11.07.2006 08:13 PM

i hated burn piano island when i first got it but it grew on me, crimes is kinda like so so, not too bad but not very good, i haven't listened to it in a good two years though.

alteredcourse 11.07.2006 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
god! botch!!!

haha . been a while ?
good god or bad god ? =d

Everyneurotic 11.07.2006 08:37 PM

they were fucking amazing!!! it's just that it's been a while since i heard someone mention them. and yeah, it's good god.

botch and the blood brothers together sounds like an amazing show. lucky you!

amyvega 11.07.2006 08:39 PM

i love love them

dietzer123 11.07.2006 11:43 PM

saw them live as wells awhiles back! very terrificly wonderful

Everyneurotic 11.08.2006 01:08 AM

i'm listening to young machetes, it's very good, like a more hardcore version of burn piano island; it also seems they've been listening to an albatross a lot.

camouflage, camouflage is definitely one of their best songs ever.