Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café V (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112934)

pepper_green 09.07.2016 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
The Drake/Future show here in the H last weekend went 4 hours.

http://www.houstonpress.com/music/dr...rathon-8735096

and he is already on the UH Cougar bandwagon!

who give a shit! Drake sucks and Future is brainwashing music. dude raps with an auto tune. music for kids and old hip folks who hated on the Hot Boyz back in the day because it wasn't real hip hop. somehow, everyone thinks this stuff is more advance than late 90's Cash Money. that's over 16 years of advancement that should have happened earlier. both of these boys are late to the game. fuck 'em.

louder 09.07.2016 02:34 PM

By the way, Cee-Lo is an awesome rapper and singer in my opinion. Truly underrated.

Severian 09.07.2016 07:08 PM

You know what I hate most about Future?
The fact that I can't really decide whether I hate Future or not.

I am DEFINITELY sick as hell of hearing about how his music is the most "turnt"/"fire"/"hot" out there. It's really not. I'm also sick of his face and his hat and I'm sick of hip-hop heads creaming over him. I mean, he's not selling a particularly large amount of albums. His presence is almost entirely Internet ("Future Hive")-based. Mixtapes and the like. He isn't doing anything amazing commercially, and he may have legions of fans, but a lot of them don't seem to even know about Pluto, and I don't recall the "Hive" going nuts over Honest (his strongest album).

On the other hand, sometimes I'm totally in the mood for that kind of music, and Future does it well. I love his feature on Pusha T's "PAIN," and I like elements of his music, and plenty of his songs.

Wish I could just form an opinion and move on.

Severian 09.08.2016 06:51 AM

Shit ball piss fuck.

Kanye "confirms" Drake collab album (aka Watch the Choad)

Rob Instigator 09.08.2016 08:59 AM

Future is the only one whose albums/mixtapes consistently have great songs. I keep digging and I keep finding new songs that rule. No one gave a shit that Puff Daddy, Mase, and BIGGIE SMALLS used auto tune to tweak their shit (they just did it without showing you they did it), nor did anyone care when TPain autotuned every last syllable. why care about Future? The tracks are bangers.

Drake, I can take or leave. he is a pop star and he has been lucky to work on some really cool tracks, but his MC skillz are lacking.

All my fave music growing up was deranged drug-friendly music. That is why I love Future. He raps about loving drugs..... honest

Rob Instigator 09.08.2016 09:00 AM

Mainstream 90's hip hop was and is the fucking WORST. fuck all that stupid shit. Long live the Dirty South...

Rob Instigator 09.08.2016 09:03 AM

By the way,. do you guys consider Grime to be hip hop? It is rapping over beats, just electronic beats instead of sampled beats. no difference right? It;'s what the kids are listening to.....

Severian 09.08.2016 04:10 PM

Quote:

Future is the only one whose albums/mixtapes consistently have great songs. I keep digging and I keep finding new songs that rule. No one gave a shit that Puff Daddy, Mase, and BIGGIE SMALLS used auto tune to tweak their shit (they just did it without showing you they did it), nor did anyone care when TPain autotuned every last syllable. why care about Future? The tracks are bangers.

Drake, I can take or leave. he is a pop star and he has been lucky to work on some really cool tracks, but his MC skillz are lacking.

All my fave music growing up was deranged drug-friendly music. That is why I love Future. He raps about loving drugs..... honest

I don't have an issue with auto-tune. Jesus, dude, I'm a Yeezy fan. Auto-tune saved hip-hop. People often think of it as just a way for people who can't sing to give people the impression that they can sing, but that's like ⅓ of it at most. It's a vocal effect, and it achieves a certain sound, gives the singing a kind of off-kilter, clinical clarity. I dig the way it sounds... Though I do think it's possible to overdo it, as Future has definitely done.

But you're right that Future is not about anything other than making shit that bangs. Even his woozy, slower shit kinda bangs, and could easily rock a club, like "Codeine Crazy" ... He's not trying to be some immensely versatile, genre-spanning pop artiste. He's just trying to be Future and release as much Future-y music as possible.

Same can be said for some of the most cherished artists in the history of punk and indie. Ramones, anyone?

And I agree that even on his shit albums, Future always has bangers that satisfy. He's not ever going to be a genius wordsmith, or a brilliant technician, but he seems to know that and plays to his own strengths.

Still, I find at least ˝ of his music boring beyond comprehension. But I'm certainly not hating on him because he uses auto tune. That would just be stupid.

Severian 09.08.2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Mainstream 90's hip hop was and is the fucking WORST. fuck all that stupid shit. Long live the Dirty South...

Strongly disagree with you there buddy. I'm not sure what decade you were living in, but in MY '90s, it was Tribe, OutKast, Wu-Tang, Gang Starr, Jay, obviously Big and Pac, Kool Keith, and veritable fuck tons of other awesome shit.

Apart from OutKast and Goodie Mob, southern rap didn't start sounding like anything until the early-mid '00s with Wayne's solo ascent and the rise of Gucci Mane.

Fuck all that ridiculous early Cash Money shit, Master P, Juvenile... Barfing all over the place. It was the worst offender of the big flashy video fad. Fish eyed lenses and sweaty ass people dancing to stupid fucking shit.

Compared to that shit, current southern artists like KRIT... even Thug, Future and the rest are freaking gods. Maybe I'm forgetting a bunch of good southern rap groups... I'm sure I am, but still, that Cash Money era was the most embarrassing in rap's history. When the west fell and the east started to turn away from the commercial, out came the dumbass south, with a big sepia colored turd log of all the stupidest shit from either coast, and packaged it in a bunch of covers that looked exactly the same. Cash Money was the Boy Band era of hip-hop.

Thank God for OutKast, man.

louder 09.08.2016 04:31 PM

I still like most of Future's stuff.

It's only Desiigner whom I can't stand. Desiigner to Future is like Blac Haze to 2Pac. I can't believe Kanye and Pusha cosigned this dood.

louder 09.08.2016 04:37 PM

Hey, Isaiah is from the south. Kendrick is from Compton but to me, he sounds like he's more influenced by OutKast than anyone from the west.

So thank you Kast for being the best duo of all time (I won't say best group of all time because that's controversial, and I could never decide between Kast, Tribe and Wu), and for giving birth to my two current favorite rappers. ;)

louder 09.08.2016 04:39 PM

The Game announces "1992", an album without features, cover done by the same person who did Doggystyle's iconic cover.

Tracklist:

1. Savage
2. Fire
3. True Colors
4. Bompton
5. OJ
6. Juice
7. The Chronic
8. Grew Up on Wu-Tang
9. However You Want It
10. Bipolar
11. Young N***as
12. Die Young

Pretty exciting! I can already tell this is gonna be better than Still Brazy.

louder 09.08.2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
By the way, Cee-Lo is an awesome rapper and singer in my opinion. Truly underrated.

Speaking of.. 12 Reasons Why CeeLo Green Can Still Outrap Your Favorite Rapper

noisereductions 09.08.2016 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder

The Game announces "1992", an album without features, cover done by the same person who did Doggystyle's iconic cover.

Tracklist:

1. Savage
2. Fire
3. True Colors
4. Bompton
5. OJ
6. Juice
7. The Chronic
8. Grew Up on Wu-Tang
9. However You Want It
10. Bipolar
11. Young N***as
12. Die Young

Pretty exciting! I can already tell this is gonna be better than Still Brazy.

Woah

louder 09.08.2016 05:22 PM

I'm telling you, The Game is entering his second prime. After Jesus Piece, I almost thought he was done. Boy I was dead wrong..

noisereductions 09.08.2016 06:58 PM

yeah man I totally agree. He just has been going crazy spitting out albums now. And I've been pleased with the quality.

pepper_green 09.08.2016 08:19 PM

Quote:

bullshit!!

future tracks are garbage that should have been hits in 06. dude is shit. Drake on the other hand is somewhat not a tool.

your just old and bored with what you used to like so you can join everybody for the quest for out there old man likeable pop music so you don't come across as an Obama hattin nation. scared to fade into the past. I really like Future too. and I've heard enough of his shitty mixtapes and albums.

sure, you love Future. maybe you love that 808 beat instead.

pepper_green 09.08.2016 08:29 PM

future makes drake look like a king. future is a Atlanta stupid ass Wayne fake ass selling 13 yr old girls pimp nasty ass fake selling drugs to kids before he became Future ALT. fuck this bastard. fuck you and fuck his music.

future is the reason why Georgia school systems are the lowest in the country? would you let yr offspring listen to this shit?

fuck off Rob!! you suck! i'll bag you over the head and rape yr wife. how you like that? you suck more than Suchfriends sucks his friends.

pepper_green 09.08.2016 08:52 PM

i'll tell you about the outskits of Georgia rappers. it's racist and redneck. there's no outkast. just racism and rednecks. it's bullshit, all of it. horrible place. Future raping to black and white children with ungodly rapping shit!!

good luck to America. you fucking need it because yr next.

Severian 09.08.2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper_green
future makes drake look like a king.

Oh, WHAT? You're kidding me.

Also, you just said you "love Futire too," so I'm having a really hard time even following your logic from one sentence to the next.

Ever considered just writing a post that has something other than stream of consciousness crap? I mean, honestly you'd be shaking things up at this point if you were to start making posts that made sense.

But regardless of all that, Future is more intersting than Drake. Nobody makes Drake look like a king. I'd take Future over Drake any day.