Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cool Fucking Guitars (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=569)

marleypumpkin 04.04.2006 11:20 AM

Cool Fucking Guitars

This was a big hit on the old board, so I thought I'd resurrect an old classic.
Just talk about guitars. Ones that you own, ones that you like, ones that you hate, & one that you wish you had. Just any guitar info you wanna discuss, post it here.
I'll start by telling you about my '66 Mustang;
Olympic white w/ baise pearloid pickguard. Maple neck w/ rosewood fretboard
(15May66B). All original parts including the Vibrato (pat. no. 3 241 418),
pick-ups, switches & nobs, F neck plate (179009).
& I do have the original hardshell case. (not in good shape though)
Here are some pics I found that resemble what my Mustang looks like.

Small note; My Mustang does not have the decal on the headstock, nor does it have the gold hardware. & as I mentioned before, my Mustang has the original Vibrato. (not shown in pic)

Go here to learn the reason why the '66 does not have the Fender decal on the headstock:

http://www.smallclone.com/mustang/vintage

Inhuman 04.04.2006 11:54 AM

marleypumpkin 04.04.2006 11:57 AM

That reminds me, I need to go pick-up my 24 string acoustic from the shop.
(ha ha)

Inhuman 04.04.2006 12:19 PM

Niicce, I haven't seen a 24-string before. 12 string sounds good enough! I'm actually looking for a new guitar. I was thinking of an Epiphone Black Beauty, a Jazzmaster, or a Telecaster. I'm playing noise music along with fast picking, arpeggio's, and heavy distortion, so probably something that can manage a low action stabally. Suggestions?

P.S: Fucking awesome Mustang, I'd love to play one

marleypumpkin 04.04.2006 12:24 PM

I wish I could give some suggestions to you, but the only guitars that I know well are the Mustang, & the Stratocaster. & not to be boosting my ego or anything, but the Mustang does a great job handeling the type of music you are describing. Which is pretty much the same music I record.

Inhuman 04.04.2006 12:29 PM

Alright, I'll try one out next time I'm at a music store. Thanks.

marleypumpkin 04.04.2006 12:34 PM

There's nothing that makes noise better than a Mustang, other than a Jaguar. The Vibrato is a key part of my noise making capabilties. & the same goes for SY.

marleypumpkin 04.04.2006 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
P.S: Fucking awesome Mustang, I'd love to play one

Yeah, she is a beautiful work of art. I can't believe that someone took the Vibrato off of the Mustang that I showed. The Vibrato is what gives the Mustang it's unique look. Remember, those are pics of somone else's Mustang. That is not my guitar in those pics.

Magublafix 04.04.2006 02:07 PM

I already asked it in the "which fender would you take or so..." but nobody answered so i will ask again ok have somebody experiences with the Fender Jagmaster, because i think about to buy it but i wonder becuase the jagmaster is so cheap so what is it.... doesn't sound it good or what??

marleypumpkin 04.04.2006 02:11 PM

Do you mean Jazzmaster, or Jag-Stang? I've never heard of a Jagmaster.

Trasher02 04.04.2006 02:12 PM

I'm gonna buy a Fender Jaguar with a sunset colour!

i absolutely love that guitar!!!

Magublafix 04.04.2006 02:14 PM

no Jagmaster

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_artikel-172454.html

marleypumpkin 04.04.2006 02:15 PM

I would love to get an all black Jaguar.

Inhuman 04.04.2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magublafix

That's a Squier guitar man, not a fender. It's a company that will do cheaper versions of fenders, but they're actually owned by fender, thus the logo is on it. I have a Squier Strat, and it was $290.00, but not a real fender unfortunately.

Magublafix 04.04.2006 02:22 PM

oh sry i didn't see that this is a squier thank you...

marleypumpkin 04.04.2006 02:23 PM

Yes, Squire is a generic form of Fender. I've heard Fender has several brands that make generic versions of guitars. I forget the names of them though.

Inhuman 04.04.2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magublafix
oh sry i don't see that this is a squier thank you...

No prob! Just keep your eye open for that. It's great if you're beginning guitar. I've had a squier for 2 years, and now I want something quite a bit better

CHOUT 04.04.2006 02:24 PM

I've heard good things about the Jagmaster. Squiers can be pretty good guitars, and I would guess that the Jagmasters are a higher quality squier than the real inexpensive strats that they make.

CHOUT 04.04.2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
There's nothing that makes noise better than a Mustang, other than a Jaguar.

Or a Jazzmaster.

Magublafix 04.04.2006 02:26 PM

I'm no beginner hihi I have a squier showmaster but i don't like it very much because i think it sounds a little bit too metal (becuase in former days i only listen to such music) but now i want a guitar like jaguar or mustang but i haven't so much money and so the jagmaster would be kool