Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pool (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=38972)

Keeping It Simple 03.15.2010 06:16 AM

Pool

I've been getting into pool recently, watching US Open 9-ball matches on YouTube. I much prefer it to the yawnathon that's snooker. Any favourtie players, and is there a match I should check out?

Keeping It Simple 03.15.2010 07:56 AM

By the lack of response, I gather you're all billiards fans.

phoenix 03.15.2010 08:39 AM

i'll play but watching others play is kind of boring.

Keeping It Simple 03.15.2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
i'll play but watching others play is kind of boring.

I never played so much pool before when I was over in New Zealand. If you're out on a date with a girl, playing pool is a must. Girls love it. Don't play snooker! :D

playeru 03.15.2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I never played so much pool before when I was over in New Zealand. If you're out on a date with a girl, playing pool is a must. Girls love it. Don't play snooker! :D

What's so cool about pool? Why would it impress a girl? :confused:

demonrail666 03.15.2010 09:24 AM

Hasn't Steve ('Romford Slim') Davis gone on to make a bit of a name for himself on the pool circuit?

demonrail666 03.15.2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playeru
What's so cool about pool? Why would it impress a girl? :confused:

Girls do love it. At least the ones that hang around in Southend amusement arcades seem to.

demonrail666 03.15.2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Any favourtie players

Gareth Potts

(steady on ladies, he's married)

chicka 03.15.2010 11:29 AM

Lots of women play here in the states and love it. Although it's slipped a bit from it's height of popularity here around 2000. Every bar had a table, there were leagues playing every nite back then. I love to play and I don't mind watching. As for watching it seems like the women are the bigger draw on TV. All the women have great nicknames too....

jon boy 03.15.2010 12:02 PM

its fun to play sometimes but you always get some twat who's really good at it who is no fun to play. you know the type that brings their own cue to the pub.

phoenix 03.15.2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

There are lots of bogan hang outs for pool playing. I do not frequent any of them.

Glice 03.15.2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
its fun to play sometimes but you always get some twat who's really good at it who is no fun to play. you know the type that brings their own cue to the pub.

I don't bring my cue to the pub, but I am that cunt. Not because I play pool, but because I play the vastly more skilful game of snooker in which the pockets are not roughly the size of Belgium. That is to say, you do have to be a mongoloid to enjoy pool except when you're 8 pints under.