Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rapeman's Relation to Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=233)

nomadicfollower 03.24.2006 06:24 PM

Rapeman's Relation to Sonic Youth

If this is the right section....

dedellinger@blazenet.net (Dietrich Dellinger)
The story on Kim Gordon's Panties: Apparently at an early Rapeman show Kim took off her panties and threw them at Albini Tom Jones style as a joke because Albini was so...well...Albini. At least that's the story I read in a zine ages ago...
andy@theleeches.com
I saw Rapeman opening for Sonic Youth in London, 1988. As revenge for "Kim Gordon's Panties" Sonic Youth, in their encore, tied Albini up with guitar cords & kicked his sorry ass around the stage for 10 minutes. Now why don't they do shit like that anymore?
jfrankparnell@hotmail.com
Andy, to answer your question - Sonic Youth don't do things like that anymore because they are too busy shitting their collective Depends(TM) and making the same album over and over again.

nomadicfollower 03.24.2006 06:26 PM

These emails were on Mark Prindle's album review site and I was wondering if any of them are true? About the relation to Kim Gordon's Panties (the song) to the email and if SY really beat the shit out of Albini.
The last email is just to provoke some anger.

pokkeherrie 03.24.2006 06:43 PM

not an early rapeman show, but a late big black show... and not her own panties i suppose.
http://www.petdance.com/actionpark/bigblack/tourdiary/
(check july 22-23)

nomadicfollower 03.24.2006 07:11 PM

But at least the incident - Kim's panties or not - inspired the song?

pokkeherrie 03.24.2006 07:15 PM

i would guess so, yes.

also, there might be something about the london thing in the confusion is next book, i can't remember. i read about it somewhere though.

Everyneurotic 03.24.2006 07:32 PM

one of the last big black shows was at a festival in europe and sy were playing, it also happened to be albini's birthday. as a present, kim gave steve a pair of mud stained panties.

or at least that's what's described at the our band could be your life book.

RIPfrey05 03.24.2006 09:22 PM

I hope they kicked him around.. id like to kick him around too, and pee on him and steal hiss stuff..he angers me but i love all his music.

nomadicfollower 03.24.2006 09:34 PM

You hate Albini but you love his music?
He could be a a little prick/asshole, but I wouldn't kick him around. I've got respect for the guy.

RIPfrey05 03.25.2006 07:10 PM

yeah.. me too, but i'd still kick him if i had the chance..just to see his reaction.

trance feeeedback 03.25.2006 07:37 PM

yeah I just got the rapeman lp last week, cool stuff. I agree with nomadicfollwer and ripfrey05 about Albini. they call the kim gordon a song a ripoff of the coachmen(thurston's old band) pretty funny.

jennthebenn 03.26.2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIPfrey05
yeah.. me too, but i'd still kick him if i had the chance..just to see his reaction.

he'd just write an essay about it that would get quoted on internet
forums and blogs as some great wisdom despite the fact it stated the
boringly obvious.

top 40 squeeze 03.26.2006 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennthebenn
he'd just write an essay about it that would get quoted on internet
forums and blogs as some great wisdom despite the fact it stated the
boringly obvious.

He was absolutely and innovatingly right about one thing though...

Two Words:

RAZORBLADE SUITCASE!!!!!!!!

sonicl 03.27.2006 03:21 AM

The middle one about the Rapeman support in London is true, and I know this 'cause I was there. I remember firecrackers being thrown at some point as well.

king_buzzo 06.03.2006 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trance feeeedback
yeah I just got the rapeman lp last week, cool stuff.

hell yeah, i love them

crappydrummer 06.03.2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIPfrey05

so stealing his hat is not enough?

kingcoffee 06.03.2006 04:48 PM

I heard Albini was a mysogynist. Don't know if it's true or not, but I guess Albini get's a lot of shit for his personal views and behavior. Don't know much about that either. All I know is his music. I know practicaly nothing about his personal life. Don't really care either.

king_buzzo 06.03.2006 04:55 PM

i really need some big black records, i cant find them...

Rob Instigator 06.05.2006 12:49 PM

ALBINI IS GOD

when sonic youth toured for bthe dirty tour I saw them play and I was in the front row and kim came out with just a tshrt and panties on and I stared up at her pussy mound with a hard on the entire show. that is what kim gordon's panties makes me think of

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 06.05.2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
ALBINI IS GOD

when sonic youth toured for bthe dirty tour I saw them play and I was in the front row and kim came out with just a tshrt and panties on and I stared up at her pussy mound with a hard on the entire show. that is what kim gordon's panties makes me think of

You are so getting repped for that.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 06.05.2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
i really need some big black records, i cant find them...

I have atomizer on tape, want me to rip it for you?

Steve Albini is for file sharing mind you.

You can also go to Touch and Go's website and figure out how to order from them or something.