Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Brighten The Corners reissue announced (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=25994)

noisereductions 09.23.2008 12:11 PM

Brighten The Corners reissue announced

Just read it on Pfork. It DOES contain "For Sale The Preston School Of Industry." But weirdly, it all contains all of the TERROR TWILIGHT bsides. So I guess that means no TERROR TWILIGHT Deluxe. Why do you think they'd include the TT stuff as extras on this disc. I mean those were pretty different recording sessions.

Rob Instigator 09.23.2008 12:20 PM

terror twilight SUCKS, that's why, and they did not release lots of cool extra stuff for it, cuz they knew it was just to finish their contract and then break up.

pavement was always great about releasing some of their very best songs as just B sides or EP's and putting those together with slanted era and with crooked rain eraa makes sense, but for brighten the corners? come on. you know they had to get some filler up in there!

noisereductions 09.23.2008 12:21 PM

#1. TERROR doesn't suck.
#2. BTC bsides belond on BTC deluxe. TT bsides belong on TT deluxe.
#3. The TERROR bsides were all awesome.

Rob Instigator 09.23.2008 12:22 PM

terror twilight had, what, 3 B sides? that is not enough, is what I am saying

and teror rtwilight is BORING!

noisereductions 09.23.2008 12:42 PM

No, Terror Twilight had the "Spit on a Stranger" EP and the "Major League" EP, each of with had like 5 or 6 tracks. Plus there was a 7" with an alt version of "The Hexx." Maybe more.

atsonicpark 09.23.2008 12:44 PM

I hate Terror Twilight :(

Pookie 09.23.2008 12:45 PM

Fukk Terror Twilight.

Fukk it.

noisereductions 09.23.2008 12:46 PM

Whatever. It's a good album, and its bsides were even better.

Pookie 09.23.2008 12:47 PM

Fukk the b sides.

Fukk em.

noisereductions 09.23.2008 01:05 PM

whatever.

al shabbray 09.23.2008 01:41 PM

hahahaha

Malcolm81 09.23.2008 02:31 PM

Terror Twilight is brilliant. I know a lot of fans were disappointed that it was so polished compared to their previous albums, but in my opinion it's just as good as Wowee Zowee. The songs are just beautiful, slow does not equal boring.

And, by the way, I have the Major Leagues EP, it has 7 tracks. Apart from the Major Leagues demo, they're all pretty good. I'd love to have more b-sides from that era. I also remember Mark Ibold saying here that there was a lot of material from the Terror Twilight sessions...

floatingslowly 09.23.2008 02:35 PM

Terror Twilight is a GIGANTIC bag o' fail.

wtf were they thinking??

such a shameful way to end a band.

I suspect that it's all Matador's fault, those pricks.

floatingslowly 09.23.2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I hate Terror Twilight :(

stop trolling.

greedrex 09.23.2008 02:37 PM

hahahahahahahahahaha

noisereductions 09.23.2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malcolm81
Terror Twilight is brilliant. I know a lot of fans were disappointed that it was so polished compared to their previous albums, but in my opinion it's just as good as Wowee Zowee. The songs are just beautiful, slow does not equal boring.

And, by the way, I have the Major Leagues EP, it has 7 tracks. Apart from the Major Leagues demo, they're all pretty good. I'd love to have more b-sides from that era. I also remember Mark Ibold saying here that there was a lot of material from the Terror Twilight sessions...

Right on. The MAJOR bsides were good, but the SPIT bsides were even better man. So yeah, if there was more unreleased tracks, I'd want em.

floatingslowly 09.23.2008 02:42 PM

thanks a-fucking-lot.

all I can hear in my head now is "the terror twilight duh doobie duh doo, the terror twilight duh doobie duh doo", and it makes me want to fucking smash things.

I'm sure thankful that I never bought that one, I tells ya!

greedrex 09.23.2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I never bought that one, I tells ya!

o good for you
you can be the deluxe edition when it's out then
happy bunny?

atsonicpark 09.23.2008 03:26 PM

Blah.

PAULYBEE2656 09.23.2008 03:34 PM

i have to say that i cant wait for the pavement reissues of the corners and twilight albums...

by in large the pavement b sides are generally their best songs and i gave up buying the singles after stereo..

fuck brighten, its a half arsed lame album with a couple of gems... really hard anal fuck terror... its a terrible album with a couple of half arsed pavement gems on it......

sorry but it is..........

but i will still buy the 2 reissues as the artwork and the packaging and the hope of new and many unheard tracks and demos and b sides will bring joy joy joy joy joy down in mty heart (where?) down in my heart todaaaaay!!!!!!! and if malkmus doesnt sneeze than i will shit on hiis back (what?) shit on his back todaaaaaayyy....

fuck that.. if stephen malkmus wrote that line it would be classed as an indie classic!!!!!!