Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Stooges- Raw Power Incredible 4 CD Deluxe Edition (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=38100)

dazedcola 02.11.2010 02:23 PM

Stooges- Raw Power Incredible 4 CD Deluxe Edition

So you think you have every stooges song as you smugly clutch that "i gotta right" vinyl 45 in your hand, well guess again.....

The punk rock forefathers' catalog has been mined incessantly in the past 40 years or so, but a new reissue of watershed 1973 album Raw Power will unearth a few more tracks that still haven't seen commercial release, if you can believe it.

On April 13, Columbia/Legacy will release Raw Power: Legacy Edition. Two weeks later, on April 27, they'll follow it up with the even more deluxe Deluxe Edition.

The Legacy Edition will include a remastered version of the original album, featuring David Bowie's original mix, on its first disc. The second disc, titled Georgia Peaches, includes a complete recording of a heavily bootlegged Atlanta live show from 1973-- with two previously unreleased bonus tracks to boot: the studio outtake "Doojiman" and a studio rehearsal performance of "Head On". It'll also include a 24-page booklet with essays about the band and introductions from surviving members.

All that stuff will also show up in the Deluxe Edition. Both discs will share space with a third disc, Rarities, Outtakes, & Alternates From the Raw Power Era, which will include eight tracks from different sources (five of them previously unreleased). The fourth disc is a 30-minute documentary DVD called The Making of Raw Power.

And yeah, there's more. You'll also get a reproduction of a rare Japanese picture sleeve 7" single of "Raw Power" and "Search and Destroy", five 5x7 photo prints, and a 7" softcover booklet with an essay by Henry Rollins and testimonials from prominent folks like Lou Reed, Joan Jett, Tom Morello, and others. Before the April 27 release date, the box will be available exclusively through the Stooges' website. Stooges nerds, start saving your money.
We've got the tracklists for all three CDs included in the Deluxe Edition below. (The Stooges will play Raw Power in its entirety at ATP New York this fall, by the way.)

Raw Power (Deluxe Edition):

CD1 (Raw Power):

01 Search and Destroy
02 Gimme Danger
03 Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell
04 Penetration
05 Raw Power
06 I Need Somebody
07 Shake Appeal
08 Death Trip

CD2 (Georgia Peaches):

01 Introduction *
02 Raw Power *
03 Head On *
04 Gimme Danger *
05 Search and Destroy *
06 I Need Somebody *
07 Heavy Liquid *
08 Cock in My Pocket *
09 Open Up and Bleed *
10 Doojiman (outtake) *
11 Head On (CBS Studio rehearsal performance) *

CD3 (Rarities, Outtakes, & Alternates From the Raw Power Era):

01 I'm Hungry (outtake) *
02 I Got a Right (outtake) *
03 I'm Sick of You (outtake)
04 Hey, Peter (out*take) *
05 Shake Appeal (alternate mix version) *
06 Death Trip (alternate mix version) *
07 Gimme Danger (alternate mix from the 1996 Iggy "violent" remixes)
08 Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell (alternate mix from the 1996 Iggy "violent" remixes)
* previously unreleased

This could possibly be the best deluxe edition since Slanted and Enchanted

Green_mind 02.11.2010 02:32 PM

that's quite a bold statement, I like the sound of it.

loubarret 02.11.2010 02:35 PM

Please someone give me some relaxtion pills

DanielCarlson 02.14.2010 04:58 AM

Awesome, I want it. I wonder how much it'll cost though.

EVOLghost 02.14.2010 02:24 PM

a limb and a half

SuperCreep 02.14.2010 10:19 PM

sweet. i've really come to appreciate the bowie mix of the album the last few months. my only real beef with it is the lack of bass, so hopefully they'll fix that just a bit. extras look great too.

tesla69 02.16.2010 02:08 PM

I wonder how shitty the live Cd will sound....

Seandi 02.16.2010 05:07 PM

I would live on mac & cheese for a month for this.

CHOUT 02.16.2010 10:16 PM

I'm all over this.

CHOUT 03.27.2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69

Hopefully not as bad as some of the live stuff on the Heavy Liquid boxset.

ann ashtray 03.27.2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazedcola
So you think you have every stooges song as you smugly clutch that "i gotta right" vinyl 45 in your hand, well guess again.....

The punk rock forefathers' catalog has been mined incessantly in the past 40 years or so, but a new reissue of watershed 1973 album Raw Power will unearth a few more tracks that still haven't seen commercial release, if you can believe it.

On April 13, Columbia/Legacy will release Raw Power: Legacy Edition. Two weeks later, on April 27, they'll follow it up with the even more deluxe Deluxe Edition.

The Legacy Edition will include a remastered version of the original album, featuring David Bowie's original mix, on its first disc. The second disc, titled Georgia Peaches, includes a complete recording of a heavily bootlegged Atlanta live show from 1973-- with two previously unreleased bonus tracks to boot: the studio outtake "Doojiman" and a studio rehearsal performance of "Head On". It'll also include a 24-page booklet with essays about the band and introductions from surviving members.

All that stuff will also show up in the Deluxe Edition. Both discs will share space with a third disc, Rarities, Outtakes, & Alternates From the Raw Power Era, which will include eight tracks from different sources (five of them previously unreleased). The fourth disc is a 30-minute documentary DVD called The Making of Raw Power.

And yeah, there's more. You'll also get a reproduction of a rare Japanese picture sleeve 7" single of "Raw Power" and "Search and Destroy", five 5x7 photo prints, and a 7" softcover booklet with an essay by Henry Rollins and testimonials from prominent folks like Lou Reed, Joan Jett, Tom Morello, and others. Before the April 27 release date, the box will be available exclusively through the Stooges' website. Stooges nerds, start saving your money.
We've got the tracklists for all three CDs included in the Deluxe Edition below. (The Stooges will play Raw Power in its entirety at ATP New York this fall, by the way.)

Raw Power (Deluxe Edition):

CD1 (Raw Power):

01 Search and Destroy
02 Gimme Danger
03 Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell
04 Penetration
05 Raw Power
06 I Need Somebody
07 Shake Appeal
08 Death Trip

CD2 (Georgia Peaches):

01 Introduction *
02 Raw Power *
03 Head On *
04 Gimme Danger *
05 Search and Destroy *
06 I Need Somebody *
07 Heavy Liquid *
08 Cock in My Pocket *
09 Open Up and Bleed *
10 Doojiman (outtake) *
11 Head On (CBS Studio rehearsal performance) *

CD3 (Rarities, Outtakes, & Alternates From the Raw Power Era):

01 I'm Hungry (outtake) *
02 I Got a Right (outtake) *
03 I'm Sick of You (outtake)
04 Hey, Peter (out*take) *
05 Shake Appeal (alternate mix version) *
06 Death Trip (alternate mix version) *
07 Gimme Danger (alternate mix from the 1996 Iggy "violent" remixes)
08 Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell (alternate mix from the 1996 Iggy "violent" remixes)
* previously unreleased

This could possibly be the best deluxe edition since Slanted and Enchanted

Already heard a lot of it, and it's quite better than Slanted and Enchanted imo.

Should be mentioned the first record is being rereleased too, with an added track that has never been released in any form. It's called "Asthma Attack", and it was recorded for the album, but the label wouldn't allow them to include it. It's basically a noisy jam in the same vain as "LA Blues"...

Will include a link soon where ya can hear samples.

ann ashtray 03.27.2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69

It's not bad...James' guitar is a bit drowned out in a few tracks though. It was a soundboard recording.

ann ashtray 03.27.2010 03:06 PM

More info. on first album's re-release plus samples.

http://www.rhino.com/shop/product/th...whatsInside-cd

Check out "Asthma Attack". Shits going to be awesome.

ann ashtray 03.28.2010 12:08 AM

Also, just in case anyone happens to be interested, James Williamson is remixing Kill City which is also supposed to be re-released sometime this year.

Good Night.

CHOUT 03.28.2010 01:52 AM

Video showing the contents of the Raw Power Ltd. set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gGbsfCKxfQ

ann ashtray 03.28.2010 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOUT
Video showing the contents of the Raw Power Ltd. set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gGbsfCKxfQ

I thought the scenes w/ the individual tracks were interesting. Was surprised Iggy didn't remember parts of it, being that he remixed the album not all that long ago ('97 I believe?).

His mix seemed kind of like a rush job though, so go figure.

CHOUT 03.28.2010 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ann ashtray
I thought the scenes w/ the individual tracks were interesting. Was surprised Iggy didn't remember parts of it, being that he remixed the album not all that long ago ('97 I believe?).

His mix seemed kind of like a rush job though, so go figure.

Do you already have it then? If so, where did you get it?

ann ashtray 03.28.2010 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOUT
Do you already have it then? If so, where did you get it?

Watch the video at the bottom of this page...

http://www.iggyandthestoogesmusic.com/

Bal 03.28.2010 11:05 AM

i never really liked raw power..
however, funhouse is probably my favourite record everrrr

CHOUT 03.28.2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Watch the video at the bottom of this page...

http://www.iggyandthestoogesmusic.com/

'
Nice! I didn't see that!