Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   3/6/06 DVD -- never happened (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=23420)

noisereductions 07.13.2008 07:08 PM

3/6/06 DVD -- never happened

Found this on smallcities.nl:

Sonic Youth DVD (Live)06 March 2006

Small Cities has finished editing and mastering Sonic Youth's
gig on the 30th August 2004, PARADISO, Amsterdam, Holland.

The DVD consists of 12 tracks filmed with 4 cameras and has a duration of approx. 87 mins.
It has been sent to the band in New York for approval.

I guess nothing ever materialized. Sounds like some good effort went into it. I know Jef Martens knows the smallcity ppl. Maybe he can fill us in on any details?

o'connor 07.13.2008 08:27 PM

oooooo me want.

Andrés 07.13.2008 08:52 PM

Too bad there're already some PRO footage from Nurse tour, it would've been much better to make a DVD of RR tour or better yet, DDN tour, but hey, it's better than nothing.

Jef Mertens 07.13.2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Found this on smallcities.nl:

Sonic Youth DVD (Live)06 March 2006

Small Cities has finished editing and mastering Sonic Youth's
gig on the 30th August 2004, PARADISO, Amsterdam, Holland.

The DVD consists of 12 tracks filmed with 4 cameras and has a duration of approx. 87 mins.
It has been sent to the band in New York for approval.

I guess nothing ever materialized. Sounds like some good effort went into it. I know Jef Martens knows the smallcity ppl. Maybe he can fill us in on any details?

This dvd is included in the video archive of the Sensational Fix expo and can be watched there. A release however is not planned.

nicfit 07.14.2008 02:11 AM

the "smallcity people" lurk on us on this board :D!

mil_pl 07.14.2008 04:11 AM

I would change font and the colour, but picture of Kim is awesome.

greedrex 07.14.2008 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
This dvd is included in the video archive of the Sensational Fix expo and can be watched there. A release however is not planned.

good news
i'll be able to watch then
i'll write a full report of the visit for sure
does anybody know if photos are allowed in the exhibiion.
just to show to the good people here who are not lucky enough to see it;:p

Cantankerous 07.14.2008 05:51 AM

is that a kim almost-upskirt?

:eek:

nicfit 07.14.2008 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
is that a kim almost-upskirt?

:eek:

well, we're on sonic GOSSIP after all :D

noisereductions 07.14.2008 07:25 AM

Thanks, Jef. Who did the cover art? It's awesome in a Sonic-Britney-Tabloid sort of way.

Jef Mertens 07.14.2008 07:39 AM

I might assume a picture by Tokolosh (from the board) and also the rest of the design. I assume that is.
That dvd came together when we got in touch with each other through Aaron Mullan. I was shooting alot of SY nurse stuff that year and I provided Small Cities with my footage while making my own film, and they edited this great dvd!

noisereductions 07.14.2008 07:44 AM

Too bad about the "no release planned" part. I know there's a million Sonic boots out there, but I'd love to see a post-1991 pro-shot OFFICIAL live Sonic DVD. Maybe the DAYDREAM LIVE one will actually happen.

mil_pl 07.14.2008 10:16 AM

yeah I hope, they played ddn on so many shows, and they could do something about that... Sonic Youth We are waitin' for live DVD ! :D

blunderbuss 07.14.2008 11:40 AM

Of all the tours of which I'd like to see a DVD release, DDN revisited comes bottom of my wants list. Washing Machine and NYCG+F were much more visually interesting, and, from what I've seen, the pre-DDN tours were much more rockin'.

marleypumpkin 07.14.2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrés
Too bad there're already some PRO footage from Nurse tour, it would've been much better to make a DVD of RR tour or better yet, DDN tour, but hey, it's better than nothing.

I have not seen any footage. I saw them on the next to last date on the Nurse tour, & am anxious to see what came from the footage of that show. I have yet to view, or hear any documentation of 8-20-04 (Asheville, NC).

mil_pl 07.14.2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
I have not seen any footage. I saw them on the next to last date on the Nurse tour, & am anxious to see what came from the footage of that show. I have yet to view, or hear any documentation of 8-20-04 (Asheville, NC).

there is:
-live @ eurockeenes
-live @ rock am ring
-live @ art rock festival
-live @ paradiso (not pro shot)
it's easy to find this shows ;)

nicfit 07.14.2008 03:58 PM

+ cleveland 2004 (not pro shot)
+ a couple songs from V festival (pro shot).

mil_pl 07.14.2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
+ cleveland 2004 (not pro shot)
+ a couple songs from V festival (pro shot).

wow, i didn't know about those 2 shows.. can you send me links or something?