Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   do you brush yr damn teeth? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=38356)

phoenix 03.03.2010 08:35 AM

do you brush yr damn teeth?

after one of the rare times i've bothered to ask han solo "are you going to brush yr teeth??"(i don't usually ask, i'm not his mother, but i just don't get coming to the bathroom before bed and then Not doing it..) and greeted with "if i was going to, i would have" i figured i'd ask..

So i'm actually interested to see how many of you are filthy dirty and do not. So many of the male halves of my friends, and male friends, fail at this simple task, more so in the evening.

I'd like to think the womens out there who are usually a little more ocd about personal hygene, will score a lot better.

Anngella 03.03.2010 08:39 AM

I try to brush at least once a day, but I have a lot of shit going on. Hopefully i don't offend anyone with my breath.

Keeping It Simple 03.03.2010 08:41 AM

I brush my teeth every morning. You don't need to brush your teeth twice a day. That's just a sales gimmick to get people to use twice as much toothpaste. And if a dentist says people need to brush their teeth twice a day, he/she is clearly in the pay of the toothpaste company.

Toilet & Bowels 03.03.2010 08:44 AM

i can't believe people wouldn't brush their teeth in the morning.

phoenix 03.03.2010 08:45 AM

are you for real? ^KIS what a joke. Yr happy to let all the stuff you've eaten that day sit in yr mouth and breed overnight?

Toilet & Bowels 03.03.2010 08:49 AM

forgeting to brush my teeth at night happens if i've been out or whatever.

Keeping It Simple 03.03.2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
are you for real? ^KIS what a joke. Yr happy to let all the stuff you've eaten that day sit in yr mouth and breed overnight?

You've clearly been brainwashed by your dentist. You know, the con merchant who charges you a fortune for a simple check up.

phoenix 03.03.2010 08:54 AM

the only time i don't of an evening is if i'm too drunk to handle a toothbrush, and even then it is a rarity because the act is so habbitual. Perhaps also if i end up somewhere without a toothbrush. But yeh..

verme (prevaricator) 03.03.2010 08:54 AM

i used braces for two years when i was kid, i guess if it wasn't for the habit i developed back then i would be more careless about it.

in the morning and in the evening and if possible after every large meal.

Lamont Cranston 03.03.2010 08:56 AM

Who wouldn't?

phoenix 03.03.2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
You've clearly been brainwashed by your dentist. You know, the con merchant who charges you a fortune for a simple check up.

Erm my teeth brushing doesn't particularly have everything or even much to do with the dentist.. I think the last time i had that kind of conversation was when i was 5.. My check ups aren't that expensive, for a skilled worker's time..

Bacteria growth =moisture + temp + time.

Regardless of that, it is a matter of cleanliness.. That is why i do it.

phoenix 03.03.2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston
Who wouldn't?

Lots of filthy smelly people. :p

Keeping It Simple 03.03.2010 09:01 AM

Eating citrus fruits or chewing gum keeps your teeth in topnotch condition anyway. Even drinking a beer helps.

Keeping It Simple 03.03.2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verme (prevaricator)
add prosciutto, chorizo and garlic to that list.

Yet restaurants don't supply toothpaste and a brush for each of its customers after they've had a meal.

floatingslowly 03.03.2010 09:10 AM

yes and I forgot to put the fucking thing on the charger before I left the house. :mad:

I even went to dentist last week. no cavities!

phoenix 03.03.2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Eating citrus fruits or chewing gum keeps your teeth in topnotch condition anyway. Even drinking a beer helps.

Citrus fruits for vitamin c? Or to clean them the 18th century way.

Gum (aspartame) gives you cancer, no thnx.

phoenix 03.03.2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Yet restaurants don't supply toothpaste and a brush for each of its customers after they've had a meal.

Maybe the ones who do are the same ones who provide shower facilities.

phoenix 03.03.2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
yes and I forgot to put the fucking thing on the charger before I left the house. :mad:

I even went to dentist last week. no cavities!

Glad to hear it!

I actually am about a month late for a dentist apt but there have been way too many dr visits /bills to afford it. I need to remember to make an appointment tomorrow.

atsonicpark 03.03.2010 09:21 AM

I brush my teeth before I go to bed... I have a $100 electric toothbrush.. it's the most expensive thing I own aside from my guitar and my laptop.

Honestly though, I think teeth brushing makes your teeth cleaner looking but actually probably contributes to cavities quicker, since you're scraping your enamel off. I know people who never brush their teeth, who never have teeth problems. I have taken care of my teeth for years and I've had to get like 9 fillings. But I also have bad acid reflux..

phoenix 03.03.2010 09:33 AM

^that's prob a little true. Han solo has quite good teeth, if a little less white than they should be because he never brushes them. They were better when i met him but he never wore his retainer at night :rolleyes:

I'm sure i have bad teeth genes or so.. Or maybe bad saliva genes. It is so obvious to me by the end of the day that i need to brush them, furry and bleh. I can't stand it.
Mine only stay super white for about a month after my dentist visit. I drink too much tea and coffee(and used to be red wine also) for them to be otherwise.. and i think i probably have soft enamel or something? I've one and a half fillings and one of those i've had since i was 12. I def think they'd be worse if i didn't brush!