Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SYR9: ‘Simon Werner A Disparu’ (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=43929)

mil_pl 01.26.2011 10:15 AM

Au Cafe and the opening track are cool as well.

krastian 01.26.2011 03:04 PM

I think I'm going to wait to the 15th before listening to any of this.

I'm pumped, for some new Sonic!!

krischanski 01.26.2011 03:04 PM

... but the cover ... I don't know.

krastian 01.26.2011 03:54 PM

I really like the cover.

Pelle 01.26.2011 03:56 PM

Im kinda "it's not ugly, but I expected something better" to it.

mil_pl 01.26.2011 05:05 PM

And I'm like it misses the headliner of a solid color. Though it might be the best SYR yet, I mean SYR that I will come back to for more often than to the others.

scott v 01.26.2011 08:50 PM

This is a pretty unique SYR that is they all are in a sense since SYR 2, which makes the series pretty great... there is some nice piano sections on this, and some pretty prominent and beautiful Lee guitar lines/melodies all over this... some of Thurston guitar parts sound "acoustic" but it just may be that his el. guitar is just extra bright and trebley sounding here. out of curiosity do we know if Mark is a part of this or not??? ...just curious. you can here how certain sections were mixed together to form different tracks with the same or similar theme... as mentioned earlier the long closing track is really intense and builds nicely, it seems that it was even longer and edited down at the start and finish... wow, is it the most structured pieces in the series since SYR2? ...def. gonna get this on vinyl.

sorry for those who haven't heard it i'm probably ruining it for them or just building the suspense.

noisereductions 01.26.2011 09:05 PM

think I'm gonna wait for CD.

EVOLghost 01.27.2011 05:52 AM

I'm gonna wait till I have someone necxt to me to stab.

Mortte Jousimo 01.27.2011 06:51 AM

Of course I´m too very unpatient about this new Syr, but still I want to wait the vinyl!!! All of you who already have it, it´s ok to me if you talk about because i trust only my ears : )

toxic johnny 01.27.2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott v
sorry for those who haven't heard it i'm probably ruining it for them or just building the suspense.

You're just building the suspense for me as I'm determined to wait for the vinyl... although I could break very easily
:confused:

Diesel 01.27.2011 06:42 PM

The cover is ace. Footy, girls and SY what more could you possibly want !! apart from a pint of scruffy maybe and maybe andy carroll scoring a belting header in the depicted match. yayaya

greedrex 01.29.2011 05:53 AM

ok. After a couple of listenings, this is the best SYR since SYR2 (IMHO).
Blends very structured pieces with very nice piano moments, understated drums and random skronk here and there.
Shame the wax edition doesn't include the 13 minute track.
I think i'm going to go with CD this time just because of that....
But very very nice music here.One of their best soundtracks in a while.

Diesel 01.29.2011 10:21 AM

Ya this release has inspired me mainly due to the cover (because i'm vacuous like that) to track down the other syr that i've yet to hear and regrettably I started off with goodbye 20th century. Unimaginatively It somehow manages to be worse than number three. This on the other hand is far more enjoyable than the last two albums by far.

mil_pl 01.29.2011 03:06 PM

To be honest the most listenable are SYR1 & SYR2 for me and I'm coming back to them from time to time, they had those melodies connected to the noise parts very well and it wasn't too much like for example on SYR8 (which for sure was an ear orgy live), SYR4 is okey, but only on few tracks for example Burdocks, damn that track rocks. SYR5 wasn't my deal at all. Then we have this OST, which is for sure third of my faves from the series.

Diesel 01.30.2011 08:23 AM

I've decided to have an SYR caffeine buzz fest at work tomorrow. Let yuz know how I get on.

Mortte Jousimo 01.31.2011 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mil_pl
To be honest the most listenable are SYR1 & SYR2 for me and I'm coming back to them from time to time, they had those melodies connected to the noise parts very well and it wasn't too much like for example on SYR8 (which for sure was an ear orgy live), SYR4 is okey, but only on few tracks for example Burdocks, damn that track rocks. SYR5 wasn't my deal at all. Then we have this OST, which is for sure third of my faves from the series.

I haven´t got SYR6 and Syr8 (going to buy them this year). But what I have my favourites are SYR1, SYR2, SYR3 and SYR7 (It´s very hard to say what´s best of those). SYR 4 is almost as good as those (maybe lack of melodies make it little less good), SYR 5 is ok, but I listen it quite rare.

Mortte Jousimo 01.31.2011 05:40 AM

...And I think SYR9 is going to be as good as those other favourite ones!

Pelle 01.31.2011 11:01 AM

15 Days left for the LP!!

Pelle 01.31.2011 11:14 AM

Oh just noticed that the album is leaked on the internet..

but Im gonna keep my fingers away!!!....but at the same time I can't fucken wait :D:D