Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Weezer! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=763)

finding nobody 04.09.2006 09:57 PM

Weezer!

im listening to the blue album now. and just remembering how great it is! everything they've done is good... exept for the green album. any other weezer fans on the board?

HaydenAsche 04.09.2006 09:59 PM

Blue - Good
Pinkerton - Great
Green - Decent
Maladroit - 3 good songs
New one - Shite

finding nobody 04.09.2006 10:02 PM

you dont like make believe? i guess the music took a bit of a soft turn. but i dont care, the songs are very emtional. it shows a different side of weezer.

dietzer123 04.09.2006 10:03 PM

blue is the best thing ever. i think the new one has a couple of ok songs. green kinda sucked big time. pinkerton was good and maladroit was ok. my name is jonas, only in dreams, holiday, and the world has turned are the greatest songs in teh history of man

hey alex 04.09.2006 10:04 PM

I used to be such a fan boy... I loved everything up until I discovered sonic youth and then when make believe came out I was just "well, fuck that"

But still love blue, pink, and even green. Just don't touch it too often.
In junior year art class...

finding nobody 04.09.2006 10:11 PM

that's pretty cool hey alex.
ive heard a few interviews they patrick wilison (drummer) basically said. you couldnt be a true fan and dig what the band was doing. (i.e. maldroit & green)

that's pretty messed up

hey alex 04.09.2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
that's pretty cool hey alex.
ive heard a few interviews they patrick wilison (drummer) basically said. you couldnt be a true fan and dig what the band was doing. (i.e. maldroit & green)

that's pretty messed up

i really don't blame em. I'd be pissed off too if I had to play beverly hills everynight becuz rivers is a egopathic bitch.
Although he has room to speak... he and brian are going to act as the velvet underground and rerecorded a version of herion.... which they say pat out rocked on. belh.

and thanks, i like the pic. It's actually 3-D becuz it's layered with foam board... I'm borrowing my sis' came right now so I'm about to hijack the art thread with a lot of stuff.

Everyneurotic 04.09.2006 10:18 PM

dude, i love pinkerton!!!! fucking one of the greatest albums ever made, but for artistical and personal reasons, i love it!!!

i also adore the blue one, best power pop album of the 90's

the green has a couple of good songs but pretty much half of it downright sucks

and the other two are totally meh; i hate beverly hills

krastian 04.09.2006 10:20 PM

Yeah the Blue album is pretty classic. My Name is Jonas and In the Garage!

finding nobody 04.09.2006 10:22 PM

only in dreams

i think it's my favorite on the blue album, or maybe ever. i'm listening to it now for the third time in a row.

Alex's Trip 04.09.2006 10:25 PM

Good: Blue and Pinkerton

Bad: Green and Make Believe

Haven't heard Malidroit

Everyneurotic 04.09.2006 10:28 PM

favorite weezer songs:

in the garage
buddy holly (i don't give a shit what you tell me...)
no one else
pink triangle
el scorcho
o girlfriend
the good life
tired of sex
sometimes island in the sun
undone

hey alex 04.09.2006 10:33 PM

yes, el scorcho is fuckin ace.

ok... songs from the black hole :cool: anyone?

choc e-Claire 03.13.2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
New one - Shite

This appears to be a permanent status, regardless of whatever the new one is.

Just stop trying to be a serious artist, Rivers. We know it's not what your heart's set on.

dirty bunny 03.14.2019 12:12 AM

I was just listening the Blue album again, and man that thing is just superb. Probably one of my favourite albums ever. I also love the Green album. The rest not so much. I remember being excited buying Make Believe, but it didn't stick with me and they lost me.

Severian 03.14.2019 07:52 AM

Weezer has been shit for roughly six times as longer than they were good. I don’t even think I can listen to the good stuff anymore without thinking about the bad.

God, fuck then.

floatingslowly 03.24.2019 04:32 AM

they wrote a song about me once, and it still fucks me up.

#truestory #helterskeleter

Derek 03.25.2019 08:09 AM

Anyone else think Pinkerton aged terribly? Sounds like the diary of a school shooter now.

Severian 03.25.2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Anyone else think Pinkerton aged terribly? Sounds like the diary of a school shooter now.

Yeah, kinda. Yes.

Also, the creepiness of “Across the Sea” has lost all its charm. It now seems like the kind of thing you’d get metood for, and the ethnofetishism is significantly less quaint.

Peterpuff 03.25.2019 10:36 AM

Blue will always be a classic album to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab5WvwfLuLM

I am in the Leslie Jones, Matt Sharp camp...