Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Your next music purchase (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4532)

gmku 07.26.2006 01:36 PM

Your next music purchase

I'm thinking about more Shonen Knife, like the Burning Farm album.

Also considering JAMC's Darklands and Honey's Dead.

Wonderful Rainbow is right up there near the top of the list, as are some Melvins and Mudhoney, if I can find them.

Trasher02 07.26.2006 01:37 PM

Unwound cd's and more SYR's.
Especially the unwound cd's I need more of them.

lovesonicevol 07.26.2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I'm thinking about more Shonen Knife, like the Burning Farm album.

Also considering JAMC's Darklands and Honey's Dead.

Wonderful Rainbow is right up there near the top of the list, as are some Melvins and Mudhoney, if I can find them.

Darklands is great but Psychcandy is better. ( i'm guessing you already own that.) I'm doing an order consisting of SY's first EP, In the Fishtank, Hold That Tiger, and Hidros 3 (For Patti Smith), Ciccone Youth's Whitey Album, all of Lee Ranaldos albums including East Jesus, Thurston's Psychic Hearts, the Text of Light album, all of William S Burroughs albums, and stooges Raw Power and Jesus loves the stooges EP. I go crazy on CD orders.

porkmarras 07.26.2006 01:41 PM

Shonen Knife!Yeah!

Glice 07.26.2006 01:44 PM

I don't know, but I'm going shopping on the weekend, and I intend spending £25-£65 ish.

gmku 07.26.2006 01:45 PM

Yeah! Shonen Knife!

I love em. I think I'll have to make them a priority. I only have Let's Knife but I recently saw their earlier stuff in the store on CD.

I'd love Burroughs CDs, too. I'll have to see if I can find any of those.

nomadicfollower 07.26.2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
Unwound cd's and more SYR's.
Especially the unwound cd's I need more of them.

I want some more Unwound CD's too.
Also I want some Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, Tweeze - Slint, and I'd like some more Pavement.

gmku 07.26.2006 01:46 PM

Also been tempted by Wolf Eyes' Dread. It's been a "staff pick" for a long time at one of my haunts, and the record chick recently added a little handwritten note to the display that says "you REALLY want this CD, you know you do." I guess I should take that as a sign of some kind.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 07.26.2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Also been tempted by Wolf Eyes' Dread. It's been a "staff pick" for a long time at one of my haunts, and the record chick recently added a little handwritten note to the display that says "you REALLY want this CD, you know you do." I guess I should take that as a sign of some kind.

its alright the first few listens then it gets boring.
I plan on getting either:
peter bortzmann- alarm
or
steve reich- music for 18 musicians

LittlePuppetBoy 07.26.2006 01:54 PM

probably Black Flag's Damaged, Pixies Trompe Le Monde, and the Butthole Surfer's early stuff

gmku 07.26.2006 01:54 PM

Thanks for the 5678 rec, btw... Cool cover, too. I'll have to look for that one.

lovesonicevol 07.26.2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
I want some more Unwound CD's too.
Also I want some Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, Tweeze - Slint, and I'd like some more Pavement.

Teenage Jesus and the Jerks is good stuff. I like Lydia's solo stuff more though.

gmku 07.26.2006 01:59 PM

I recently found Damaged on vinyl. It's darned good.

I traded Trompe years ago. I kinda regret trading, but at the same time, it's not up to their best work. Black was pretty much ignoring Kim's contributions by then, and I always thought the counterpoint she supplied was half of what made the Pixies great. Still not a bad album, though.

Inhuman 07.26.2006 01:59 PM

The Arizona Record - Silver Jews

Rob Instigator 07.26.2006 02:00 PM

I have a list of things I want to get next.

TV on The radio released their new album in the UK, but it will not come out in USA until september,. I HATE THAT! I don;t want to buy no fucking import nonsense!

afterthefact 07.26.2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I have a list of things I want to get next.

TV on The radio released their new album in the UK, but it will not come out in USA until september,. I HATE THAT! I don;t want to buy no fucking import nonsense!

Did you ever hear TV on the Radio's OK Calculator Demo? Crazy stuff...

Savage Clone 07.26.2006 03:07 PM

New Current 93 album is probably next for me. Gonna wait for the vinyl though.

toxic johnny 07.26.2006 03:13 PM

The new Erase Errata, Wolf Eyes, Monotract, Text Of Light and Bonnie 'Prince' Billy albums.

Rob Instigator 07.26.2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
Did you ever hear TV on the Radio's OK Calculator Demo? Crazy stuff...

I have not! but Ihave heard their cover of Mr Grieves!

Iain 07.26.2006 03:55 PM

I might get that Nuggets compilation. I think my local record shop (oldest record shop in the world as it goes) has it for £10.99 on vinyl....a double as well I think. Might get the new Six Organs as well and possibly something else.

Actually, might order some stuff including the Red Kites cdr on usound, a Fushitsusha album (don't know which one) and something else....perhaps.