Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore Announce Split (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=60443)

Lazewski 03.08.2013 12:23 AM

Can anyone explain to me how K and T split-up but still released an album with Yoko last year? That means they must have got together and bonded somehow on this release. I still see hope for future Sonic.

pantophobia 03.08.2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazewski
Can anyone explain to me how K and T split-up but still released an album with Yoko last year? That means they must have got together and bonded somehow on this release. I still see hope for future Sonic.

because it was recorded in advance of their announce of the breakup

alot of reviews of the LP did some very shoddy reporting to not realize the timeline of the recording session to the October 2011 announcement

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.08.2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
It isn't me, to my chagrin.

Hells bells I wonder why ;)

Rob Instigator 03.08.2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Hells bells I wonder why ;)

h8kurdt 03.08.2013 02:56 PM

YOU ARE OBJECTIFYING WOMEN AND THEREFORE YOU A STEAMING SEXIST, RACIST AND HOMOPHOBE!

Fact.

Rob Instigator 03.08.2013 03:01 PM

steaming!!!

secretmonalisa 03.10.2013 03:09 AM

There's Hope for Sonic Youth Reunion Tour

[Many divorced couples in bands have reunited for comeback tours after the pain is healed. Deborah Harry and Chris Stein of Blondie, John Doe and Exene of X, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. All of them are currently on tour and happy. I can remember when Exene divorced John Doe and married Viggo Mortenson, then John Doe re-married. There's a romantic video on youtube of both new couples dancing next to train tracks. Strange but modern. Since then both have divorced again and continue to make music together. Music trumps relationships. There's a good chance Kim and Thurston will make music together again. Their band and their child kept them together for many years and will bring them back together in a few years or sooner.:)

Genteel Death 03.10.2013 09:33 AM

h8kurdt 03.10.2013 11:49 AM

See this clearly shows he's nice guy.

badgercorn 03.10.2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secretmonalisa
[Many divorced couples in bands have reunited for comeback tours after the pain is healed. Deborah Harry and Chris Stein of Blondie, John Doe and Exene of X, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. All of them are currently on tour and happy. I can remember when Exene divorced John Doe and married Viggo Mortenson, then John Doe re-married. There's a romantic video on youtube of both new couples dancing next to train tracks. Strange but modern. Since then both have divorced again and continue to make music together. Music trumps relationships. There's a good chance Kim and Thurston will make music together again. Their band and their child kept them together for many years and will bring them back together in a few years or sooner.:)

If so it would take a good few years. Lee did say in an interview a while back that IF they worked together again it would have to be completely new material, which would be interesting. But it's obviously still a massive if.

skully 03.16.2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death

dead_battery 03.16.2013 04:26 PM

really sad lee and kim split up

scott v 03.16.2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_battery
really sad lee and kim split up

???

dead_battery 03.16.2013 07:53 PM

kim and lee had a 'fling' more than once. t-dog never talked about it because he was boning other women all along.

its funny to me how noone ever mentioned THIS OBVIOUS FACT on this board. hell albini even called him out on his womanizing years ago.

really the only couple in sonic youth that i ever cared about was steve and jim

Lazewski 03.17.2013 11:12 AM

Sonic Orgy.

dead_battery 03.19.2013 07:31 PM

kim is the only innocent in this. t-dog is going thru a hormonal phase, a manopausal orgy of frantic reclamation of his youth. this feature evolved in the male brain so that the organism has a better chance of spreading its seed before it becomes too old to do so. thats what a mid life crisis is, one last burst of intense hormones to make you fuck as much as possible. its a dangerous and scary time. so the tragedy is that its not entirely t-dogs fault, its his brain that is doing this. nevertheless we cant simply take the view that man is an animal with no choice to rein in his lesser instincts. its a quandry.

meanwhile jim and steve continue to do well, providing an example of how a couple can age gracefully yet still maintain a vitalistic style and important presence as a leading power couple in the indie scene.

RanaldoNecro 03.20.2013 09:47 PM

hilarious foreverasskiss

Keeping It Simple 03.22.2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skully

The woman sat with him looks a snooty, miserable cow who no doubt loves to bitch about us less fortunate "proles".

hirsute_biped 09.07.2013 01:33 PM

Just started watching season three of Portlandia on netflix, so maybe this is old news to those of you with cable/satellite (episode "Take back MTV", not their best episode):

child executive to Carrie, Fred, Kurt Loder, & Tabitha Soren: "Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore are divorced, and you are just their orphaned children"

ouch...

EVOLghost 09.07.2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
child executive to Carrie, Fred, Kurt Loder, & Tabitha Soren: "Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore are divorced, and you are just their orphaned children"

ouch...

yeah I saw that skit. My friends just sat there and laughed....while I just cried inside.