Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   F A Cup semi-final draw (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=219)

sonicl 03.24.2006 08:23 AM

F A Cup semi-final draw

Chelsea v Liverpool
Charlton Athletic or Middlesbrough v West Ham
(Games to be played on Saturday 22 April/Sunday 23 April.)

Chelsea v Liverpool? That'll be a major hug-fest then, I expect...

nicfit 03.24.2006 08:48 AM

i'm a liverpool supporter,even if i'm not sure about the reason,since i'm italian...so go reds go!

fishmonkey 03.24.2006 11:55 AM

ha ha fuckin delighted Chelsea drew Liverpool, i'm a United Fan true and true but i hope Liverpool beat Chelsea

Hip Priest 03.24.2006 11:58 AM

My team, Manchester City, were knocked out this week, so I don't really care.

But West Ham are having a great first Premiership season, and I kind of like their current team, so it would be nice if they win.

In fact, this means that either Middlebrough or West Ham will be in Europe next year. COme on WH!

Florya 03.24.2006 06:16 PM

Liverpool v West Ham in the final I reckon

I wonder what Mourinho will find to complain about when Chelski get knocked out.

johnnywinternoshow 03.24.2006 08:03 PM

Liverpool for the cup

PAULYBEE2656 03.25.2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnywinternoshow

Liverpool for the cup

i agree although should have been spurs year if we didnt slip into uselessness for an hour!!!!

spurs for champions league final next year anyone???

the ikara cult 03.25.2006 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
i agree although should have been spurs year if we didnt slip into uselessness for an hour!!!!

spurs for champions league final next year anyone???

COME ON YOU SPURS!
That Sonic Youth / Spurs fan correlation isnt as low as i thought. I dunno i think we MIGHT make it into the champions league, it all depends on whether the ARSEnal can start to play like a consistant team again, whether Campbell decides he wants to show up and sort out their defence, whether Henry stays fit, and whether Fabregas continues to improve. I think alot is gonna depend on the derby in April, i'm excited about that already. :)

Florya 03.26.2006 12:17 PM

As an Arsenal fan, I'm more concerned about Bolton beating us into 4th place than Tottingham.

Hip Priest 03.26.2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florya
As an Arsenal fan, I'm more concerned about Bolton beating us into 4th place than Tottingham.

Mmmm..it's starting to look like Tottenham though isn't it? After today, anyway...

PAULYBEE2656 03.26.2006 04:08 PM

im getting worried about a few teams, getting tight for 4th place.. i think we can do it even if we have a tough run in.........

there's only one keano!!!!!!!!!

Hip Priest 03.26.2006 04:13 PM

At the start of the season I predicted that either Tottenham or Bolton would push out one of the usual four for a spot. I think Bolton's sad defeat today leaves everything up to Tottenham now.

I think Martin Jol is cool, I like what he's doing to the club and I like his interviews. He seems like a decent guy.

Jt 03.26.2006 07:21 PM

...Chelsea deserve NOTHING SHORT OF [a] TOTAL WAR with Liverpool after the way they beat Newcastle. Did anyone see that game? It was outrageous. Granted, we weren't going to win, but they shouldn't have either considering the cheating going on.

sonicl 03.27.2006 03:11 AM

Yeah, right now I'm feeling pretty kind of embaressed to be a Chelsea fan. I preferred it when we played stylish football and won nothing.

And the Man City captain getting sent off at the weekend was just ridiculous.

Hip Priest 03.27.2006 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Yeah, right now I'm feeling pretty kind of embaressed to be a Chelsea fan. I preferred it when we played stylish football and won nothing.

I don't think you should be, I like a lot of things about Chelsea as they are. Winning is stylish to, findinng a way to overcome the opponents. We live in a world where wining is everything but success is scorned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
And the Man City captain getting sent off at the weekend was just ridiculous.

Equally ridiculous tht he wouldn't just give the ref the ball though, really. We might have got something out of that game otherwise. Probably not, but you know.

Oh well. A wise man once said Don`t forget yesterday, dream about tomorrow, live today.

PAULYBEE2656 03.27.2006 08:13 AM

chelsea..... i dont want to speak of my hatred for em.... i even prefer the arse and thats coming from a spurs mouth!!!!!!

how about reading getting promoted, great stuff.... their star striker is a local lad from wexford (ireland). great bit of news.