Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic 2012 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=67269)

Mortte Jousimo 01.26.2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
It certainly is pretty weird that you haven't received it if you're in Finland (I'm "theoretically" in Minnesota). Did you place your order when the item was announced, or much later?

I made my order after that advertisement came into Sonic Youth sites (I mean those home-sites, not here gossib). I thought it was some kind of guarantee about that label.

blunderbuss 01.27.2013 11:38 AM

Bloody hell, the first copy of Play Some Fucking Stooges that I ordered from DDL has finally arrived - postmarked 12th January!

Mortte Jousimo / Soup Nazi - seeing as I now have a spare, give it two or three weeks, and get in touch with me if yours still haven't reached you.

The Soup Nazi 01.27.2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Bloody hell, the first copy of Play Some Fucking Stooges that I ordered from DDL has finally arrived - postmarked 12th January!

Mortte Jousimo / Soup Nazi - seeing as I now have a spare, give it two or three weeks, and get in touch with me if yours still haven't reached you.

Mine did arrive, blunderbuss - thanks a million. You might wanna get in touch with MJ.
:)

Mortte Jousimo 01.28.2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss

I have lost my interest to this release (it didnīt come today - I donīt really believe they have sent it to me). Maybe Hipster-bebop is interested (he hasnīt put the message about has he got his copies).

halgreen 01.28.2013 11:33 AM

I passed on ordering this initially, but I'd be interesting in picking up a copy as well if there are any extras around.

hipster_bebop_junkie 01.28.2013 10:01 PM

Haven't gotten my copies yet. The one Quasi Pop sent must arrive sometime this week, the fate of the other I initially ordered from DDL is pretty uncertain, I suppose. So sorry you haven't gotten the album, Mortte Jousimo. Maybe there's still hope, though.

Mortte Jousimo 01.29.2013 07:15 AM

Hereīs reply I got from Storenvy, at least they care:
Hi there,

Extremely sorry for the trouble with this store. We have disabled this store as we have just started receiving complaints about orders that were never sent.

Unfortunately it looks like you are outside of your 45 day window to file a PayPal dispute, so we are at the mercy of trying to get this seller to respond.

I am going to send them an email about your order right now.

My apologies for the trouble!
Adam
Storenvy.com

Mortte Jousimo 01.29.2013 01:13 PM

This is very ridicilous, but my vinyl came today! It has posted 22.1, so it took only a week! It seems theyīre not thieves in the DDL-team, but very lazy...

About the music in vinyl, Thurston is as great & creative as usual, but Gustafsson...I donīt really understand what people hears in his sax playing (I donīt have Hidros, maybe heīs there great). I donīt get kicks about his playing also in SYR8, but there he fits well into the entity, but now itīs totally different because heīs only with Thurston. Iīd rather listen only Thurston in the beginning of Play some F... because Gustafsson mostly just blows boring Toooot....Toooot repeatedly. When he changes to electronics, itīs lot better although he also then is more a good background to Thurston. And in end when he changes back to sax itīs that same "disaster in the end of the world" -blowing thatīs also in the SYR8. I could have lived without this record, but Iīm now happy when I have it.

So I think you Hipster also will have yours...but God only knows when!

maropi 02.04.2013 07:20 AM

Mine arrived too, last week. The package was too weak (only paper with bubbles), and the cover was in pretty bad shape....

grrrrrrrrrr

hipster_bebop_junkie 03.01.2013 12:53 AM

They now have copies of Thurston Moore & Mats Gustafsson's "Play Some Fucking Stooges" over at Catalytic-Sound, for $30 USD a piece, plus shipping costs (do you remember when Catalytic-Sound used to ship worldwide for free? We've been really fucked by the USPS nonsense rates increase):

http://catalytic-sound.com/Mats-Gust...tooges-LP.html

Wondering if it wouldn't be too much of a crazy idea to place yet another order for this item one last time. Still haven't received any of the copies I ordered, first from Dumpster Diving Lab, then from Quasi Pop, and it just seems more reasonable to give up hope. I guess I could be damned.

The Soup Nazi 03.01.2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Still haven't received any of the copies I ordered, first from Dumpster Diving Lab, then from Quasi Pop, and it just seems more reasonable to give up hope.

That's some shit right there. Sorry, man.
:(

hipster_bebop_junkie 03.08.2013 04:02 PM

Holy fucking shit, I just received both copies I ordered from Europe just now. The one sent by Dumpster Diving Lab has bent corners, but the record itself is fine. The other one, which I got from Quasi Pop, is pretty flawless. :)

zelocia 03.08.2013 10:50 PM

Better late than never.

stu666 03.10.2013 08:17 AM

Thurston + Beck - Mind Wars. Cassette, Ltd edition of 270 on Burger Records. Only available as a merch package from Australia, including a Beck 7", tote bag and the tape.

Blood_Promise 03.13.2013 10:25 AM

Great tape. My Beck fanboyism was pleased. Wish there was more of Beck and Thurston. Loved their Yanni Record Club too.

TheDom 03.15.2013 07:59 PM

Does anybody know what the most reliable site to order the Body/Head 7" is???

noisereductions 03.15.2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
Thurston + Beck - Mind Wars. Cassette, Ltd edition of 270 on Burger Records. Only available as a merch package from Australia, including a Beck 7", tote bag and the tape.

wtf how did I miss this???

I've heard the Yanni tape, and Kill Any/All Spin Personnel... wow.