Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

noisereductions 07.28.2010 01:21 PM

nice pick on Policenauts adam. And LCD is ... crazy.

EVOLghost 07.28.2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
it's not my favorite EVER, becuz nothing can beat SFII in my opinion. But this game is amazing. Especially the size of the roster, and the inclusion of Morigana.

the roster is huuuuuge. but yeh. I still loves it. whats yer 3?

noisereductions 07.28.2010 05:27 PM

no 3. I play arcade.

EVOLghost 07.28.2010 06:28 PM

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFWHJAHATTATATTAA did you unlock the two doods yet? (I'm assuming yes)

noisereductions 07.28.2010 06:34 PM

I use Chun Li yo. And sometimes Morigan.

noisereductions 07.28.2010 08:13 PM

Pax Americana 07.28.2010 08:19 PM

My roommate is playing Starcraft 2. In fact, that's like all he's done for two days straight. It looks pretty good, though, so I may try it out. I haven't played a good RTS in ages. Anyone play it yet?

EVOLghost 07.28.2010 09:06 PM

^ UGH! NO! I want to so bad. I should be...but I'm goin' to NY....so kind of frugal now.

noisereductions 07.28.2010 09:11 PM

I'm not so interested. I prefer turn based strategy go RTS.

atsonicpark 07.28.2010 10:57 PM

I want to mention something regarding me playing these playstation games... in order to play them, you put in a regular psx games until it gets to the playstation logo.. then you put in a credit card or something into the ps2 slot (only works on a ps2, not a regular playstation -- for that, you'll need a gameshark or a swap disc); then pry it open.. DON'T HIT EJECT.. it's actually easy to pull open and won't damage shit unless you do something stupid... put the burnt copy in and push it in.. it'll now go past the playstation screen and let you play the burnt game.

simple.

Ghostchase 07.28.2010 11:17 PM

atsonicpark 07.29.2010 12:34 AM

Funny story about Metroid Fusion. I beat the entire game in exactly 3 hours first playthrough. Sold it to a friend a year later. He started a new file. Beat the game in exactly 3 hours and 1 minute. Great game; way too easy though. Zero Mission came out at around the same time and is great.

Super Metroid is my favorite game of all time.

And I bought a Game Boy Color just to play through Metroid II.

And... I've beaten every Metroid game ever made. I bought Metroid Prime 3 for my girlfriend (I don't have a Wii) and played through it at her house. I probably won't ever get a chance to play through Other M since we broke up.

But yeah.. Metroid = best game series EVER.

That Korg thing is pretty cool, I have it around here somewhere. I mean, it'd be cool if there was just, like, a Fruity Loops for your ds, something like that, with tons of synths. I read somewhere that some band had a guy playing one instead of an actual keyboard. Kinda cool. I dunno, I never fucked with it too much, but I like the idea of it... I played Electroplankton for many many hours ... I even used Electroplankton sounds in some scissor shock stuff...

Anyway...

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.29.2010 01:15 AM

TheFoxBen 07.29.2010 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I read somewhere that some band had a guy playing one instead of an actual keyboard.

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing but when I saw Xiu Xiu last month, they were using a Nintendo DS for a couple of songs. It was pretty badass !

loubarret 07.29.2010 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase

oh yes

atsonicpark 07.29.2010 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
I don't know if we're talking about the same thing but when I saw Xiu Xiu last month, they were using a Nintendo DS for a couple of songs. It was pretty badass !

No, that's not what I was talking about -- and in that case, it's officially uncool to use a DS ever again.

Heh.

TheFoxBen 07.29.2010 06:37 AM

Quote:

No, that's not what I was talking about -- and in that case, it's officially uncool to use a DS ever again.

Heh.

Hahahaha... you :')

noisereductions 07.29.2010 07:12 AM

Quote:

I want to mention something regarding me playing these playstation games... in order to play them, you put in a regular psx games until it gets to the playstation logo.. then you put in a credit card or something into the ps2 slot (only works on a ps2, not a regular playstation -- for that, you'll need a gameshark or a swap disc); then pry it open.. DON'T HIT EJECT.. it's actually easy to pull open and won't damage shit unless you do something stupid... put the burnt copy in and push it in.. it'll now go past the playstation screen and let you play the burnt game.

simple.

yeah "the swap trick" -- there's templates to cut a nice tool out of a credit card BTW to make it easier.

noisereductions 07.29.2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Funny story about Metroid Fusion. I beat the entire game in exactly 3 hours first playthrough. Sold it to a friend a year later. He started a new file. Beat the game in exactly 3 hours and 1 minute. Great game; way too easy though. Zero Mission came out at around the same time and is great.

Super Metroid is my favorite game of all time.

And I bought a Game Boy Color just to play through Metroid II.

And... I've beaten every Metroid game ever made. I bought Metroid Prime 3 for my girlfriend (I don't have a Wii) and played through it at her house. I probably won't ever get a chance to play through Other M since we broke up.

But yeah.. Metroid = best game series EVER.

That Korg thing is pretty cool, I have it around here somewhere. I mean, it'd be cool if there was just, like, a Fruity Loops for your ds, something like that, with tons of synths. I read somewhere that some band had a guy playing one instead of an actual keyboard. Kinda cool. I dunno, I never fucked with it too much, but I like the idea of it... I played Electroplankton for many many hours ... I even used Electroplankton sounds in some scissor shock stuff...

Anyway...

I like Metroid a lot (the first one). Metroid II is actually maybe my favorite of the series. I love Fusion. I don't like Zero Mission, cuz I prefer the original. Though I can see why you'd like it since it's more in the style of Super M. I don't really like the Prime series.

deflinus 07.29.2010 01:46 PM

this game is a lot of fun, i'm glad i picked it up for $10