Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

atsonicpark 08.29.2010 09:01 AM

the ds (at least the one where you can play gba games still) is the best system of all time, without a doubt.

noisereductions 08.29.2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
the ds (at least the one where you can play gba games still) is the best system of all time, without a doubt.

well you know my vote for best system of all time: Gamecube w/GB Player (GCN + GB + GBC + GBA = woah.)

but yeah, I couldn't pass up a DS for $5. It'll give me an excuse to finally check out some of the exclusives.

EVOLghost 08.29.2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I bought a NDS at a yard sale for $5 yesterday!

So yeah. I guess I have a DS again.

a phatDS? but still 5 bucks is a hell of a deal.

noisereductions 08.29.2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
a phatDS? but still 5 bucks is a hell of a deal.

yeah a phat.

Ghostchase 08.29.2010 03:51 PM

I love the DS's brightness settings.. dark.. somewhat dark.. dark.. somewhat dark.. hmm, what to chose?

I always ripped into my friend for still having a original DS when the Lite came out.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.29.2010 03:58 PM

DAMN, Mystical Ninja! Now THAT'S a fucking gem! I'd have my parents rent me that from the store, for weeks on end. Never did get a hold of my own copy though.

noisereductions 08.29.2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
I love the DS's brightness settings.. dark.. somewhat dark.. dark.. somewhat dark.. hmm, what to chose?

I always ripped into my friend for still having a original DS when the Lite came out.

yeah the DS isnt as nice as the Lite. But $5.. fuck. Plus, I won't play the DS as much as my GBA... or NEARLY as much as my GBPlayer.

Ghostchase 08.29.2010 04:48 PM

No $5 is a steal! A great find!

Keeping It Simple 08.29.2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
And I've just begun playing this :

"Stop Stealing Bandwidth"? :confused:

Count Mecha 08.29.2010 05:30 PM

One of the easier 4X turn based strategy games to get into. Still complex with alot of stuff to do, but not too overwhelming like some. Very fun, though I've never been too good at these, so I feel like a dipshit having to play on the easiest setting, but ah well. It feels really rewarding though when you're doing well. Great stuff.

FreshChops 08.29.2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Far Cry 1 again. Such a good game!

No shame in your game!!! I've played that game through like 3 times on "hardcore" setting and still miss it. Still my all time favorite game. I haven't played it in a couple years though... I've gotten away from PC gaming, especially shooters.

Farcry 2 was damn good too, check it out. The other ones, like the Xbox only ones are complete piles of crap that shouldn't bare the name.

You might like Just Cause 2.... it has all the appeal that Far Cry did, but is a third person shooter. I'm currently playing that.

deflinus 08.29.2010 11:48 PM

addicting.

shabbray2.0 09.01.2010 08:26 AM

is there a link cable workaround for gba games on the ds lite?
I wanna play the SMB3 battle game with a buddy of mine in my spain holidays. I dont wanna take the snes with me...

noisereductions 09.01.2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
is there a link cable workaround for gba games on the ds lite?
I wanna play the SMB3 battle game with a buddy of mine in my spain holidays. I dont wanna take the snes with me...

no sorry. GBA games are single-player ONLY on the DS.

shabbray2.0 09.01.2010 08:31 AM

no workaround then?
damn.
I am two footsteps away from purchasing super street fighter 2 turbo revisited for the gba.
any contra? if not its a deal. for around 12 bucks plus shipping

btw noiseredux:
what about our deal?
comix zone is waiting to be send. its still packed :)

noisereductions 09.01.2010 08:31 AM

I've been playing an assload of SNES & Genesis shmups with my Cube arcade stick. I think it's my favorite genre now. There's something so elegantly simple about them. Ther'es a great balance. They're challenging but easy to understand (shoot shit / don't get blown up). They're capable of making me feel stressed out and yet their simplicity is comforting to me. So great.

shabbray2.0 09.01.2010 08:34 AM

I edited my last post, please have a look!!!

I am playing this, and it hits exactly the shmup vein. and its INSANE!!!!

its by treasure. so no surprise.

noisereductions 09.01.2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
no workaround then?
damn.
I am two footsteps away from purchasing super street fighter 2 turbo revisited for the gba.
any contra? if not its a deal. for around 12 bucks plus shipping

btw noiseredux:
what about our deal?
comix zone is waiting to be send. its still packed :)

SSF2TR is possibly my favorite GBA cart of all time!

haha I was wondering about our deal to. I couldn't even remember if you had mailed the game out already. :)

shabbray2.0 09.01.2010 08:44 AM

yes once. but it returned cause they couldnt read the wet ink. its repacked and ready to leave if you want!!!

did you ever play bangai o?
its the most insane shmup Ive ever played. plus full level editor and awseome sound load feature to download custom maps all over the world!
ARGH its just one of those perfect packages

SSF2TR is purchased

noisereductions 09.01.2010 08:46 AM

I haven't played Bangai-O, but it looks amazing. I told you I just got a DS right?

on Comix Zone -- to be honest, it's up to you. I'm actually thinking that if you send it to me, I'll probably end up selling it. Haha. So if you think you might want to keep it, that's cool. If not, then we'll do the trade, cuz I don't want to leave you hanging on the trade either. So yr decision, and I'm cool either way.

You will not be disappointed on SSF2TR.

Not sure how you feel about puzzle games, but Super PUZZLE Fighter 2 is on my list of ABSOLUTE MUST-OWN GBA CARTS also.