Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   For those of you that give a fuck (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=105055)

Genteel Death 03.02.2014 11:30 AM

I'd love to have Nefeli's kids.

Pookie 03.02.2014 11:59 AM

To those without children I say this: have children.

Nefeli 03.02.2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I'd love to have Nefeli's kids.

that would be ideal.

Genteel Death 03.02.2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
that would be ideal.

I'd give you the peace and quiet to do some painting while I'm changing napkins and driving them to school.

Nefeli 03.02.2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

I'd give you the peace and quiet to do some painting while I'm changing napkins and driving them to school.

and i ll have them wear whatever costumes they want, all days, not just during halloween and i ll take them like that to run and play in the fields, while you do your music and art.

and pls this makes my heart ache, because it is seriously a great idea.

Genteel Death 03.02.2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

and i ll have them wear whatever costumes they want, all days, not just during halloween and i ll take them like that to run and play in the fields, while you do your music and art.

and pls this makes my heart ache, because it is seriously a great idea.

Mine too. We are the internet people. Leave us alone. x

!@#$%! 03.02.2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Mine too. We are the internet people. Leave us alone. x

owwwwwwww….!

Diesel 03.02.2014 04:23 PM

yak yak...

yak

Savage Clone 03.02.2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
To those without children I say this: have children.

When I told my mom I had decided not to have children (20 years ago), she took it well and said the last people who should have children are the ones who don't want them. I thought that logic was pretty solid.

Bytor Peltor 03.02.2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_battery
marriage is a bond

In my almost 16 years of marriage (16th anniversary next month), I've discovered that marriage is a long, slow and painful death of self. Not where one takes advantage of the other, but where the two become one......putting the others needs before their own.

dead_battery 03.02.2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
In my almost 16 years of marriage (16th anniversary next month), I've discovered that marriage is a long, slow and painful death of self. Not where one takes advantage of the other, but where the two become one......putting the others needs before their own.

must spread rep

!@#$%! 03.02.2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_battery
must spread rep

i did it for you if it makes up for it

EVOLghost 03.02.2014 11:04 PM

I'm so glad this board exists.

Peltor, that's among the greater things posted on this board.

SONIC GAIL 03.03.2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
yeah...b-b-but you should see my kid dance when Black Galleys comes on...

yr kid is adorable

Rob Instigator 03.04.2014 02:11 PM

Bytor is correct. Two become one in a good marriage.

Two become ZERO in a bad one.

You should have heard the horror and despair in my mom's voice when I had to call her and tell her over a decade ago that the doctors had found me fully sterile, and that I would not be giving her grandkids.

For many, marriage is solely about creating the next generation of humans, and that is cool. For others though, marriage is about taking a life journey with a special someone. cal it love, or caring, or respect, or friendship.

The worst marriages in terms of the most damage done to all involved (especially the kids) are the ones where people got together solely because they got pregnant. Those marriages can be toxic from the get-go.

!@#$%! 03.04.2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
The worst marriages in terms of the most damage done to all involved (especially the kids) are the ones where people got together solely because they got pregnant. Those marriages can be toxic from the get-go.

there's also the ones where people marry because they are "in love" (read: temporarily horny) without figuring out if they are actually suited to form a family. great sex is not enough to keep things going for life.

this is the sort of teenage delusion that i meant to explain to kekes in the poetry thread (but didn't). "love" (the early stuff) is good and all, but what matters to a marriage is what's left after the initial fascination has been used up-- because it's always fascinating at the start, but when you start to fart in bed, who smells it? a friend? or a foe?

and in the end you don't just marry the person but the whole family. and that only becomes apparent after a while. better to shack up first than to marry in a hurry.

Nefeli 03.05.2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
great sex is not enough to keep things going for life.

on the other hand, the lack of it or bad quality of it, is the death sentence of a marriage.
and of course, good sex can be confusing, in the sense keeping a bad relationship going because of it.

so basically, blablablabla we are doomed and blablablabla.
ok, not so much. if you know yourself and what you want etc and can be open about what you want/like + respect + wanting the other to be happy+ good sex = you might survive.

!@#$%! 03.05.2014 03:33 PM

i've had so many terrible relationships that kept going because of great passion that i could write 20 tomes about them (but won't). it takes a lot to get one's self unstuck from good sex.

i think the french get the difference. see: the films of eric rohmer, or, blue is the warmest color (i won't say why cuz spoilers if people haven't seen yet).

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.05.2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

sorry but this phrase is a total meh to me.

thats a myth. having kids doesnt save or help a marriage.
on the other hand, if you are in a good relationship already, having and raising kids surely evolves and takes the relationship is a different level. <--erase that. might be a myth as well. it depends.

No, but when people have kids and are married they should prioritize their kids. Too many people are just fucking selfish, just looking out for themselves, meanwhile their children suffer the consequences.. I don't think people should force themselves to say married, but if they have kids, and in particular have been married for several years, including several years of their kids' life, they should work at it.

Just a note. None of our grandparents who were married for 50 or 60 years had perfect marriages, or were perfect people, or were always head over heels in love. They did the fucking WORK it takes to make a marriage last, they also FORGAVE each other of their mutual mistakes and shortcomings, and MADE it work for their kids. AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU JADED TROLLS OR UPTIGHT QUASI-FEMINISTS HAVE TO FUCKING SAY ABOUT IT, PEOPLE WHO SACRIFICE THEMSELVES FOR THEIR CHILDREN AND THEIR MARRIAGE ARE ADMIRABLE PEOPLE. A million times more impressive than any of us low-life fucks around here:(

Rob Instigator 03.05.2014 03:38 PM

True dat