Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

krastian 11.09.2006 01:21 AM

Don't say saiyanara
I want to see you tomorrow
I want to see you tonight

Onani Nic 11.09.2006 02:40 AM

You think that life is really hard when your dad wont buy you a brand new car
Take a girl out she wont fuck you
You just bought her a glamour coat
Spent all your money on a shitty coat

I'M NOT A LOSER

Incesticide 11.10.2006 12:36 PM

Deep Purple - Machine Head - Anniversary 2cd Edition
Johnny Cash - American Recordings
Johnny Cash - Unchained
Johnny Cash - American III Solitary Man

porkmarras 11.11.2006 10:08 AM

A Thousand Threads 11.11.2006 10:27 AM

Einstürzende Neubauten
Haus der Lüge

Strategien gegen Architekturen
Maxi Yü Gung
Strategies against Architecture II
Maxi Feurio
1/2 Mensch
FM Einheit Stein
Die Hamletmaschine

all on Vinyl for 70Euros
had them on cd and mp3 but this wasn´t very satisfying
so i got these masterpieces on vinyl too

RdTv 11.11.2006 10:34 AM

KMD - Mr. Hood

The Epitome of early 90's underground hip hop, as done by then unknown daniel dumile (years later would become MF Doom) and his younger brother. For fans of: straight up 88-91 era of hip hop...the rhymes the beats, the everything.

Hip Priest 11.11.2006 01:54 PM

Apart from the fact that I spent a very nice day in MAnchester, I'm chuffed tonight because Fopp had a copy of this for just £5! I've looked repeatedly for this LP (on any format), and it feels great to finally find a copy:

Everyneurotic 11.11.2006 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onani Nic
You think that life is really hard when your dad wont buy you a brand new car
Take a girl out she wont fuck you
You just bought her a glamour coat
Spent all your money on a shitty coat

I'M NOT A LOSER

humas are ses i wanna be a bear
i wanna shit in the woods
in my cave hunt my prey
could be you, i want to have food

gmku 11.11.2006 05:17 PM

So I couldn't pass this one up. I'm not a huge, huge Who fan, but I've always wanted a copy of Live at Leeds, and I've just been waiting for the right copy to show up in the bins. This was my lucky week--not only did I finally procure excellent vinyl copies of the first three Wire albums but I also found an original Decca issue of Live at Leeds with ALL the original inserts. Oh, that's a good one!

Пятхъдесят Шест 11.12.2006 02:25 PM

I hope that Hip Priest reads this.

Friday night I went to Borders (which is a bookstore that sells CD's at a ridiculous price) I had the intentions of buying a good book, but I found nothing the really caught my eye. I picked a few magazines I read on a regular, and then decided to take a look at the CD's to kill some time. While going through the endless bins of boring records and overpriced BS, I reached the 'T' section, and a CD sat by itself, with nothing around it and a very unobvious beige cover, I zoomed in on the title and read Nine Horses! Of all the placed I would find this, I least expected Borders! It was a nice surprise. I then when to the World Music section and picked up Issa Bagayogo. Strangely enough both albums have the same feel and flow to them, nice pickups!

Iain 11.12.2006 02:28 PM

MF Doom - MM Food 2x12"
Moondog - Moondogs Music 10"

Пятхъдесят Шест 11.12.2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain
MF Doom - MM Food 2x12"

What is this?

Hip Priest 11.12.2006 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I hope that Hip Priest reads this.

Friday night I went to Borders (which is a bookstore that sells CD's at a ridiculous price) I had the intentions of buying a good book, but I found nothing the really caught my eye. I picked a few magazines I read on a regular, and then decided to take a look at the CD's to kill some time. While going through the endless bins of boring records and overpriced BS, I reached the 'T' section, and a CD sat by itself, with nothing around it and a very unobvious beige cover, I zoomed in on the title and read Nine Horses! Of all the placed I would find this, I least expected Borders! It was a nice surprise. I then when to the World Music section and picked up Issa Bagayogo. Strangely enough both albums have the same feel and flow to them, nice pickups!

I have read it. Excellent news; I hope you like the whole LP. We both had nice music-buying weekends then (I got two Horace Silver cd's, including the live one I'd been looking for for some years).

Iain 11.12.2006 02:35 PM

Sorry....that makes it seem like some sort of double single the way I wrote it. It's just the MM Food album on vinyl but it's a double album. I'd like it on cd but it seems to be going the way of Operation Doomsday and becoming hard to find.

Trasher02 11.13.2006 04:24 PM

!@#$%! 11.13.2006 04:35 PM

i recently ordered the new yo la tengo & erase errata LPs, plus some older sleater-kinney albums i had only on mp3 (since they split, reissues might become unavailable). still waiting for them to arrive...

king_buzzo 11.14.2006 04:36 AM

black flag, six pack

gonna order new steve turner in a coupla days

Phlegmscope 11.14.2006 10:49 AM

Miles Davis - On the Corner
Napalm Death - Scum

sonicl 11.14.2006 11:05 AM

Last weekend I had a very successful trip to Oxfam in Woking, where, for the princely sum of £3.95, I bought:

Sonic Youth - 100% CD single
Hood - Cold House CD
Laika - Good Looking Blues CD
Four Tet - Pause CD
Four Tet - Dialogue CD
And You Will Know Us... - Madonna CD
Kristin Hersh - The Holy Single CD single

porkmarrass 11.14.2006 11:55 AM

I was in Tesco the other day so I picked up the James Blunt CD.