Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I've just seen Polvo live thread!!! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=22859)

drrrtyboots 06.23.2008 10:48 AM

I've just seen Polvo live thread!!!

In light of these melt-banana and MBV threads, anyone who can appreciate Polvo's recent tour activity can vouch for how amazing they sound. I saw them last night and their sound was so tight and dead on, possibly better than it has ever been. They played some serious hits, mixed it up at some parts and Ash even broke into My Kimono via request from the crowd although he stopped about a minute in saying "And that's when I get lost." Epic band, epic performance. I don't remember the exact setlist but they definitely played:

Fast Canoe
Title Track
Thermal Treasure
New Song
City Spirit
Every Holy Shroud
Lazy Comet
Feather of Forgiveness
Stinger (Five Wigs)
Fractured (Like Chandeliers)
Tragic Carpet Ride

and a few others I probably missed, I'm pretty sure they played Action Vs. Vibe but can't be quite sure as some of the songs sounded pretty different from the album versions 15 years later.

Cantankerous 06.23.2008 10:50 AM

i feel bad for you.

Rob Instigator 06.23.2008 10:55 AM

don;t listen to Satan in the above post. ^

I wuold fucking slap a nun to get to see Polvo live. Lucky bastard!

GrungeMonkey 06.23.2008 11:00 AM

id do more than slap a nun man, id full on roast her on a spit, then chew her up, shit her out and shag her to see polvo live

Rob Instigator 06.23.2008 11:10 AM

i'd do the same to polvo to see cantankerous live! ha ha!

_slavo_ 06.23.2008 11:11 AM

That reminds me to spin my Exploded Drawing CD tonight. Haven't listened to it in a while.

_slavo_ 06.23.2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

she's obviously not as keen on meeting boardies live as you are, hah.

batreleaser 06.23.2008 11:44 AM

some them last friday in cambridge, mass. it fucking rocked! besides mission of burma, it was the best reunited band ive ever seen. blew dino jr, pixies, and whatever else huge indie band reunion out of the water!

Cantankerous 06.23.2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

no you wouldn't, i don't think i would be very entertaining. i would have no idea what to do and i would probably just stand there holding a shrugging pose with a confused look on my face.

Rob Instigator 06.23.2008 12:02 PM

watching some one perform tunes while "standing there holding a shrugging pose with a confused look " on their face is what I rock to!

Cantankerous 06.23.2008 12:09 PM

no i mean i wouldn't even do anything. no tunes. just standing there. confused.

Rob Instigator 06.23.2008 12:16 PM

Then you'd better make sure the cover charge does not go higher than $10

You cold always just let me overhear you while you make fun of people. that is likely to be very entertaining.

Cantankerous 06.23.2008 12:17 PM

that works. i do that all the time.

_slavo_ 06.23.2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
no you wouldn't, i don't think i would be very entertaining. i would have no idea what to do and i would probably just stand there holding a shrugging pose with a confused look on my face.

this is actually very nice. much nicer than acting a tough girl.

MellySingsDoom 06.23.2008 02:19 PM

Can't we change the name of this thread to "Let's get Cantanky onto British TV, wearing her devil horns, and get her to take the piss out of people whilst kicking Jonathan Ross in the balls"? (Her theme tune could be the Ting Tings' "That's Not My Name").

I saw Polvo once. They were OK, but Bailter Space (who they were supporting) really kicked ass that night, so I never bothered listening to them since...ah yes, at the same gig, Kustomised were playing, and they a real Southern showmen thing going on - most entertaining.

HECKLER SPRAY 06.23.2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

don;t listen to Satan in the above post. ^

I wuold fucking slap a nun to get to see Polvo live. Lucky bastard!

I'd do the same to my mum to see Polvo live. Can you beat that ?:D

Lucky you, Mr Boots, at the moment I'm trying to force me to not listen to this band everyday, but I'm always thinking about one of their songs all the time ( I can't stop playing Gemini cusp in my head at the moment).

pbradley 06.23.2008 05:59 PM

September!

demonrail666 06.23.2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Bailter Space (who they were supporting) really kicked ass that night

God I really wish i still had my Bailter Space albums.

Toilet & Bowels 06.23.2008 06:25 PM

mid 30s man coaxes teen over internet with $10 to meet him in person

auto-aim 06.23.2008 07:02 PM

any bootlegs going around of these shows?