Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What the fuck happened? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3991)

!@#$%! 07.10.2006 01:06 PM

What the fuck happened?

sorry but i come in today to see the whole thing a mess-- drama and lamentations and gnawing of teeth... anyone care to summarizethe soap opera for those of us who actually do stuff during the summer time? :D

by the way, great world cup final yesterday. i was in favor of france but the italians kicked much ass. well-deserved victory.

but anyway... what about this house of pain? update me please...

Savage Clone 07.10.2006 01:07 PM

Devolution.

porkmarras 07.10.2006 01:09 PM

It gets more stupid by the day.Not much else.I think i'll start posts and quote and reply to them myself.There should be more gays on this forum as IT'S NOT gay enough.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 07.10.2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Devolution.

Repped.

!@#$%! 07.10.2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Devolution.

???

RdTv 07.10.2006 01:12 PM

mongoloid, the board was a mongoloid......

mothersbaugh is great...eye heart his scores for Anderson films

soniknirve 07.10.2006 01:13 PM

assblaster n saturnine both got banned. both came back under different monikers. saturnine brought a friend w/her. sonic susie is still bitching. board is at an all time low. oh and schizo scorched her boobs or sumthin...

!@#$%! 07.10.2006 01:17 PM

why did they get banned? assblaster can be an ass, but mostly a funny one. and saturnine? what did she do? werd...

porkmarras 07.10.2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
why did they get banned? assblaster can be an ass, but mostly a funny one. and saturnine? what did she do? werd...

They've found out that she's a slag.

Daddylikes 07.10.2006 01:20 PM

Made disparaging comments about muslims... (i.e. Laila).

soniknirve 07.10.2006 01:21 PM

^^that's the new AB btw. cantankerous is the new sat...

porkmarras 07.10.2006 01:22 PM

Wait.Noone knows that by now or do they?

!@#$%! 07.10.2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daddylikes
Made disparaging comments about muslims... (i.e. Laila).

oh. hm that's bad form. though laila doesn't exactly represent... but generalizations like that suck gonads. i say when you insult someone, keep it specific. :p

Glice 07.10.2006 01:26 PM

So anyway, has anyone read that article by Stockhausen where he slags off Aphex, Scanner and...er... someone else? It's in 'Audio Culture', that Wire-related book. It was most amusing, and quite correct in my mind. Also a great interview with Yatsuano Tone and Christian Marclay in there. I'd recommend checking it out.

How's it going !"£$? (The last question mark is a question mark...)

Jaded 07.10.2006 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soniknirve
saturnine brought a friend w/her.

i came here on freewill, kthanks.

!@#$%! 07.10.2006 01:31 PM

hey man. doing pretty good, thanks. staying away from the internet as much as i can these days. i mean this hot weather is not conducive to being locked up indoors. and the board is not the addictive amphetamine it used to be. and then the world cup ate most of my free time. :D

stockhausen hates aphex twin? hm... i like stockhausen, but there are always the old farts moaning about the young whippersnappers ruining music. just yesterday i was in a walmart parking lot listening to lightning bolt and this geezer asks me (politely i must say) if 'the music was broken". ha ha ha ha. that was funny.

anyway what's this wire-related book you speak of? got a link for it?

!@#$%! 07.10.2006 01:36 PM

ps- i have to say: all this bitching makes it easy to stay away & do some work. have fun people.

Glice 07.10.2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hey man. doing pretty good, thanks. staying away from the internet as much as i can these days. i mean this hot weather is not conducive to being locked up indoors. and the board is not the addictive amphetamine it used to be. and then the world cup ate most of my free time. :D

stockhausen hates aphex twin? hm... i like stockhausen, but there are always the old farts moaning about the young whippersnappers ruining music. just yesterday i was in a walmart parking lot listening to lightning bolt and this geezer asks me (politely i must say) if 'the music was broken". ha ha ha ha. that was funny.

anyway what's this wire-related book you speak of? got a link for it?

A link

It's ok. It's well worth reading. There are a lot of gash essays in there mind. The essay by Simon Reynolds on post-rock is one of the most pretentious load of gack I've read in a long while. But generally, it's worth it. A great (but too short) essay by Pauline Oliveros in there as well. I like her. It made me go back to her recordings, which was a good idea, because they're ace on a stick.

It's not quite that Stockhausen hates Aphex. He just thinks it's a bit boring and unsophisticated - I agree entirely; I like Aphex a great deal, but the accusations of sophistry always confuse me. He's merely very good, not a great of the avant-garde. Apologies if this sets off hip priest.

porkmarras 07.10.2006 01:42 PM

Tell us something new Glice.

porkmarras 07.10.2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Tell us something new Glice.

Hey did you just say that?