Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   a happy Radiohead bunny am i (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3215)

fishmonkey 06.20.2006 10:56 AM

a happy Radiohead bunny am i

just bagged me a ticket for Radiohead in Marley Park Ireland this summer, i'm so happy i could shit. one snag... only got one ticket which means i'll be going han-solo (on my own) still though the concert is on the same day as my birthday and i love my own company - so its a win win situation i think!

just wanted to share my happy spa news!
anyone here going to see Radiohead this summer?

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 06.20.2006 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmonkey
i'm so happy i could shit.

???

fishmonkey 06.20.2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
???

dunno where i picked that expression up. turns out i'm dropping the kids off at the pool alot today, think it has something to do with my high fiber intake.

krastian 06.20.2006 01:08 PM

Cool....I didn't have the cash to see them this tour so uh, yeah, that sucks. Have fun. They're playing new songs too right?

fishmonkey 06.20.2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Cool....I didn't have the cash to see them this tour so uh, yeah, that sucks. Have fun. They're playing new songs too right?

yeah they are on the new song buzz, saw a few setlists online and about 4 or 5 new songs each nite. i can't wait really, cept i'll look like a real twat with my Dad dropping me off and collecting me! ahh well t'will be worth it.

krastian 06.20.2006 01:46 PM

He he.

dust in orbit 06.20.2006 01:52 PM

lucky you.
i was able to buy two tickets for the los angeles gig and i'm really exited.
i saw them for the first time about two years ago in san diego and ,honestly, it was thee best show i've ever seen.
i can't fucking wait.

m^a(t)h 06.20.2006 02:22 PM

radiohead is great their new songs are not that great though except House of Cards and Arpeggi (atleast the early thom-john version) You can check out their new stuff on youtube....

Hip Priest 06.20.2006 05:42 PM

Hiya fishmonkey mate. I won't pretend to enjoy Radiohead much, but I'm glad you got the ticket you wanted. Enjoy it.

dietzer123 06.20.2006 06:02 PM

after 2 and a half hours of standing i got a pretty good spot to watch them at bonnaroo. they were fucking incredible. they put on a great show. you should enjoy

fishmonkey 06.21.2006 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Hiya fishmonkey mate. I won't pretend to enjoy Radiohead much, but I'm glad you got the ticket you wanted. Enjoy it.

cheers Hip man, i'm pretty stoked.

in fact thanks to you all, i woke up this morning and forgot all about it then walking into work i powered on the old MP3 player and got a dose of Radiohead...cue the big fuck off smile on my chops.

_slavo_ 06.21.2006 04:02 AM

Quote:

just bagged me a ticket for Radiohead in Marley Park Ireland this summer, i'm so happy i could shit. one snag... only got one ticket which means i'll be going han-solo (on my own) still though the concert is on the same day as my birthday and i love my own company - so its a win win situation i think!

just wanted to share my happy spa news!

I'm gonna go see them in Budapest, Hungary
Also happy I could shit.

Torn Curtain 06.24.2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

I'll see them at Rock en Seine (Paris). They were awesome at the Eurockeennes de Belfort 2003.

greenbird 06.24.2006 04:36 PM

Mr Monkey, you can hang with me and my friends there if you want. We will also be attending Oxegen (Animal Collective! Sigur Ros!) and Pearl Jam (against my will but its the day before Radiohead so whatever)

Daydreamer 06.24.2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

one snag... only got one ticket which means i'll be going han-solo (on my own)

Tell ya what!
I'll come along to keep you company, take your ticket, you can listen from outside.

Deal ?:)

fishmonkey 06.25.2006 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenbird
Mr Monkey, you can hang with me and my friends there if you want. We will also be attending Oxegen (Animal Collective! Sigur Ros!) and Pearl Jam (against my will but its the day before Radiohead so whatever)

thanks for the offer man.

fishmonkey 06.25.2006 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daydreamer
Tell ya what!
I'll come along to keep you company, take your ticket, you can listen from outside.

Deal ?:)

done deal so, cheeky swine!

kingcoffee 06.26.2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

yeah they are on the new song buzz, saw a few setlists online and about 4 or 5 new songs each nite. i can't wait really, cept i'll look like a real twat with my Dad dropping me off and collecting me! ahh well t'will be worth it.

Yeah, it can kinda rough on yr self esteem to be seen cathing a ride with yr parents, you feel kinda uncool. But look at it this way, without the help form yr folks, you would probably never have seen the show! And it's actually pretty cool that you have a parent who will allow you to go to a show by yrself and just drop you off and pick you up.

My cousin is going to his first rock concert and his parents are actually going inside with him so he doesn't get hurt or do drugs or some stupid shit like that. Just be glad yr dad doesn't baby you like that!