Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kim Gordon joins Obama Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=19582)

pantophobia 02.08.2008 11:56 PM

Kim Gordon joins Obama Youth

http://wonkette.com/354372/sonic-you...ns-obama-youth

But what do noise/punk/grunge pioneers Sonic Youth think of the 2008 Democratic race? Kim Gordon is “inspired” by Barack Obama, that’s what! She will support him, she tells Wonkette’s Liz Glover … even though Gordon admits Obama and Hillary are basically the same, as far as politics

i would assume people would get less uptight about this one then about her last interview with wonkette:rolleyes:

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 02.09.2008 12:11 AM

"she used to be cool" ?

She still fucking is douchebags!

pantophobia 02.09.2008 12:17 AM

yeah that did seem a bit tart to put a paltry tag as that on to someone nice enough to give you a 2 minute sound byte

✌➬ 02.09.2008 12:29 AM

Now I know I voted for the wrong person. I want to recast my vote for Obama.

atsonicpark 02.09.2008 07:55 AM

Obama's finished. Just hang it up.

uhler 02.09.2008 11:30 AM

she's right clinton and obama are about the same. that's why i didn't vote. but it wouldn't have mattered anyway in florida.

ChocolateJesus 02.09.2008 11:45 AM

I have never ever ever been influenced in any way by what a rock star thinks about politics. even a rock star from a great band that I love. Same goes for any kind of celebrity endorsement of a candidate. I appreciate the fact that it provides exposure, but I really could give a fuck what any of them think about politics. Come to think of it, I really would just rather not think about politics at all. It makes my head hurt. That could be the hangover, though....

flophousefloozie 02.09.2008 12:57 PM

Haha, all those little SY cliches posted on there are hilarious.

SY hasn't made a good album since Kathleen Hanna was in their music videos.

Yes, she really made the band what it was.

Moshe 02.09.2008 02:02 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pantophobia again.

Everyneurotic 02.09.2008 03:15 PM

omg!!!!! i need to get nationalized as a u.s. citizen so i can vote for obama and be a real sonic youth fan!!!!!

sonic life!!!!!!!!

atsonicpark 02.09.2008 05:05 PM

See, my thing is, how is this even newsworthy? Does this actually influence/affect people's lives? "Man, I'm so happy to know the miniscule details of Kim's sonic life!" I mean, does it really matter?

I think the world would be a better place if we all just stopped paying attention to each other and minded our own business. It doesn't matter who you vote for -- that's your business, and it should be something you keep to yourself. Sadly, I think everyone just influences everyone else. Obvious but true.

flophousefloozie 02.09.2008 05:18 PM

Yeah, that's true. Obviosuly not how she meant it, but if we kept those things to ourselves, then votes would be based solely on individual preference.
Then again, many regretable votes are made by ignorance. When I vote for my country's leader, my decision is based on the opinions of people I respect, as well as my own observations.
Of course, I'm speaking about people I respect and KNOW. (Not Kim Gordon, though I do have respect for her in many certain ways).

pbradley 02.09.2008 05:48 PM

At least she isn't behind Ron Paul. Like a number of boardies.

barnaclelapse 02.09.2008 11:16 PM

For some reason, I don't get quite the same sensation of pure evil with Obama as I do with Hillary.

!@#$%! 02.12.2008 03:24 PM

vote, marylanders, vote!

krastian 02.12.2008 03:50 PM

holla

pantophobia 02.12.2008 04:08 PM

no can do, it's a closed primary, can't vote for anything except school board

silverfreepress (sdasher) 02.12.2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Sadly, I think everyone just influences everyone else. Obvious but true.

Yes I think the word for this is life. The great thing with this world is if you want to live a isolationist lifestyle you can do so. Be a hermit. But to type on a message board you are infact living your life with others and in turn affecting others and also being affected.

tesla69 02.12.2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfreepress (sdasher)
Yes I think the word for this is life. The great thing with this world is if you want to live a isolationist lifestyle you can do so. Be a hermit..

you can only do that if you're independently wealthy or are somehow especially clever and can earn an income without dealing with people. its not like there's anyplace you can go and get lost and live off the wilderness.

pbradley 02.12.2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
its not like there's anyplace you can go and get lost and live off the wilderness.

I'm aware of at least one hermit that lived in the mountains of California.