Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

demonrail666 09.28.2018 02:12 PM

Yeah, if you wanna catch any game this week, Liverpool v Chelsea later the same day is the obvious choice.

Then it's Liverpool v Man City next week, which is about as must-see as it gets.

demonrail666 09.29.2018 06:37 AM

West Ham 1-0 up in the 1st 5 minutes ... and playing REALLY well!

Lovely build up for the goal.

EDIT: Even if replays show it was a smidge offside :o

EDIT: West Ham 2-0 Man U (HT)

Element of good fortune for both goals but who gives a fuck?

I might have to go for a walk during the 2nd half. Too scared to watch.

!@#$%! 09.29.2018 07:27 AM

been looking at the game since minute 33 and score aside the most remarkable for me west ham looked... watchable?

that is the great development of the season for me. i remember being bored to tears seeing them a few games back.

zabaleta great and valbuena shutting down pogba great the attack excitiing.

im not attached to any result lol so ill keep watching

demonrail666 09.29.2018 07:34 AM

Zabaleta's been brilliant, and Rice has Pogba in his pocket.

Still a way to go (almost guaranteed Lukaku gets at least one - he always scores against us) but that's been the best I've seen us play in a LONG time!

Right .... back to it

EDIT: Arnie going down is a worry.

MASSIVE save from Fabianski!

I have no fingernails left.

Man Who?

!@#$%! 09.29.2018 08:38 AM

haha congrats on a well deserved win

sure man u sucked some but let’s not put it all on them

i thought west ham was good. well organized on both on defense and counters, accurate and speedy passes, deadly on finish, what’s not to like?

and man u got better with rashford in but jamonz west absorbed well and did not lose their shit which was great.

mourinho likely shot himself i the foot with pogba out but hey.

demonrail666 09.29.2018 08:54 AM

Thanks.

It got a bit tense when they got one back but honestly, apart from that and Fabianski's save from Fellaini, they didn't really trouble us.

I thought Noble was immense today. And I just love Arnie. But credit also to Zabaleta and Anderson. All of them really. A great team performance.

But yeah. Hard to see where MU go from here. In fairness to Mourinho, Pogba was awful. Rice had him on toast. But didn't understand why Martial went off - for me he was the only really constant threat Man U had.

One of either Pogba or Jose will go. My money's on Jose although, honestly, they both deserve to be gotten rid of. West Ham played great but I have to say I was surprised just how toothless Man U looked. Fact is, they're no longer in that bracket of English teams you automatically fear playing. And considering how much money Jose's spent on that squad, the buck ultimately has to stop with him. (And if he dwells on the 1st goal being offside - even though it was - he should be ashamed of himself. Anyone, even the most rabid MU fan will have to admit the better team won.)

!@#$%! 09.29.2018 09:16 AM

oh your player is balbuena a brazilian not valbuena the old french

now i have to learn your team ha ha ha

———

so theyre showing man city brighton here but i’ll rest my eyes and ears for the main course later

!@#$%! 09.29.2018 11:56 AM

great game so far and hazard ON FIRE

-

mo’s shot on goal + the save omfg games like these

demonrail666 09.29.2018 12:06 PM

Yeah, great game so far!

h8kurdt 09.29.2018 12:17 PM

Currently watching my first game in what seems an age. Great game so far. The pace is just unbelievable

demonrail666 09.29.2018 12:18 PM

Are you back in the UK?

h8kurdt 09.29.2018 12:21 PM

Nono! Currently in a bar in Chinatown. I was walking past a bar a saw the game and couldn't resist the temptation.

Annoying thing is there's a screen next to the game showing the OTHER "football" and there's two guys blabbering/watching the game. Some accents grate.

h8kurdt 09.29.2018 12:22 PM

Seeing Alan Shearer doing the analysis on NBC is odd. Wonder how much he gets for these side gigs.

!@#$%! 09.29.2018 12:33 PM

we
Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Seeing Alan Shearer doing the analysis on NBC is odd. Wonder how much he gets for these side gigs.

they having a party in dc

did you miss it? :D

h8kurdt 09.29.2018 12:37 PM

Haha I did. DC is so quiet it's bizarre.

Anyway, thank God both West ham and Everton won today. When was the last time that happened?

demonrail666 09.29.2018 12:40 PM

The stream I found for the West Ham game was on NBC. I can't remember who the commentators were but they were English.

!@#$%! 09.29.2018 12:45 PM

mane! oh damn

anyway here the list from todays wikipedia

On-air Personalities[edit]

Presenters:

Rebecca Lowe, Steve Bower, Derek Rae, Liam McHugh, Arlo White

Commentators:

Arlo White, Derek Rae, Peter Drury
Sky Sports/BT Sport/World Feed:

Martin Tyler, Rob Hawthorne, Bill Leslie, Alan Parry, Daniel Mann, Ian Darke, Darren Fletcher, Jim Proudfoot, Tony Jones, Gary Taphouse, Guy Havord, Jon Champion, Ian Crocker

Pundits/Co-commentators:

Robbie Mustoe, Robbie Earle, Lee Dixon, Graeme Le Saux, Kyle Martino, Gary Neville, Alan Shearer, Ian Wright

Sky Sports/BT Sport/World Feed:

Alan Smith, Andy Hinchcliffe, Gary Birtles, Iain Dowie, Steve McManaman, John Hartson, Clive Allen, Keith Andrews[disambiguation needed], Tony Gale, Don Goodman, Jim Beglin, Andy Walker

Contributors:

Steve Bower, Gary Lineker, Neil Ashton

!@#$%! 09.29.2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Haha I did. DC is so quiet it's bizarre.

Anyway, thank God both West ham and Everton won today. When was the last time that happened?

dc is quiet yeah. gubmint town. very formal.

1912?

ps if you happen to go by richmond you will see similarities southern town architecture. also sleepy.

demonrail666 09.29.2018 01:15 PM

wooooooahhhh Sturridge!

!@#$%! 09.29.2018 01:18 PM

that projectile defied the laws of physics

how can you even....