Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Life (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30317)

optras8 04.16.2009 07:45 PM

Sonic Life

I was thinking about getting the Sonic Life cross (like my avatar) as a tattoo with white ink. I just wanted to know what everyone (including the band, if I'm lucky) thought about that idea. I know Thurston already did it, but I love the design and I think it would turn out well.

joe11121 04.16.2009 07:52 PM

Doubt the band will see this. But I think it'd be a really cool tattoo. You dont wanna go to some gross place and have them fuck it up, go somewhere good to get it done.

Chris Lawrence 04.16.2009 07:56 PM

my ex had this done a couple years ago before the daydream nation shows in california, and we showed thurston backstage. he got a pretty big kick out of it, i think. lee took a bunch of pictures comparing the two, if i recall correctly.

i was worried how it would turn out, but hers looks AWESOME.

This Is Not Here 04.16.2009 07:57 PM

I compromised with a t-shirt. I advise you to do the same. (and white Ink would look like someone jizzed a crucifix on your arm)

This Is Not Here 04.16.2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
my ex had this done a couple years ago before the daydream nation shows in california, and we showed thurston backstage. he got a pretty big kick out of it, i think. lee took a bunch of pictures comparing the two, if i recall correctly.

Pictures!

automatic bzooty 04.16.2009 07:59 PM

how have i not seen/heard about thurston's tat?

This Is Not Here 04.16.2009 08:00 PM

Pictures of it are scarce, but it exists!

samuel 04.16.2009 08:03 PM

Hey, a lot of my friends go to Salisbury University... just thought it was cool to see "Salisbury, MD."
As for the thread topic, I think it would make a pretty rad tattoo design.

automatic bzooty 04.16.2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Pictures of it are scarce, but it exists!

Oooh, found one!

This Is Not Here 04.16.2009 08:23 PM

His 'tat' is exactly the same design I have on my t-shirt actually.

automatic bzooty 04.16.2009 08:26 PM

yeah, i've seen the sonic life cross (of course) but i hadn't seen it on thurston before.

mil_pl 04.17.2009 03:54 AM

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...ght=sonic+life

optras8 04.17.2009 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
I compromised with a t-shirt. I advise you to do the same. (and white Ink would look like someone jizzed a crucifix on your arm)

White tattoos actually end up looking more like natural tattoos. They almost look like a branding or something similar but they are MUCH less obvious and therefore difficult to do so yeah, I wouldn't go to anyone that hasn't done white before. As far as the whole "band" thing, my best friend and I have been listening to Sonic Youth for years and music has always been the main thing we have in common. He plays guitar and I play bass. He was thinking about something similar if not the same thing. Thanks for the support from everybody so far though.

phoenix 04.17.2009 05:36 AM

you have my support! good luck. godspeed.

barnaclelapse 04.17.2009 07:06 AM

I say go for it.

It's a great design, and I could see a person who has no idea of Sonic Youth digging it.

h8kurdt 04.19.2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence

Awesome. When I showed Lee my tatoo he took a picture of it too. I ddn't what to say except "...sure"

atsonicpark 04.19.2009 01:58 PM

There are times, however, and this is one of them, when even being right feels wrong. What do you say, for instance, about a generation that has been taught that rain is poison and sex is death? If making love might be fatal and if a cool spring breeze on any summer afternoon can turn a crystal blue lake into a puddle of black poison right in front of your eyes, there is not much left except TV and relentless masturbation. It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die.

h8kurdt 04.20.2009 06:23 AM

Cheer up. Might never happen

themawt71 04.20.2009 08:06 AM

after getting mistaken for a christian by some older man in a grocery store-he told me he led a bible group called something very close to sonic life christian ministry(no shit...)- i feel kind of weird wearing this shirt out in public.

eternal 09.30.2009 09:06 PM

Just got this bad boy done on the back of my arm. still a bit swollen, but i love it.