Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Smashing Pumpkins tour dates(!!!!!) (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11758)

LittlePuppetBoy 03.28.2007 07:13 PM

Smashing Pumpkins tour dates(!!!!!)

the Smashing Pumpkins will undergo their first tour since 2000. They will be playing songs from their new album ZEITGEIST.

May 22, Paris, France
May 28, Landgraaf, Netherlands
May 31, Barcelona, Spain
June 2, Nurburgring, Germany
June 3, Nuremburg, Germany
June 9,Lisbon, Portugal
June 12, Madrid, Spain
June 15, Nickelsdorf, Austria
June 16, Imola, Italy
June 17, Interlaken, Switzerland
August 5, Washington Dc, USA
August 24, Leeds, Engalnd
August 25, Reading, England
September 9, Toronto, Canada

Washing Machine 03.28.2007 07:26 PM

Haha I would love to see this but only if D'arcy and/or James Iha are involved. I think a Billy/Jimmy Pumpkins reunion would be the final nail in Billy Corgan's coffin.

something 03.28.2007 08:03 PM

billy and jimmy why does that sound familiar ohh yea they're called ZWAN not smashing pumpkins damn you billy corgan and yr misshappen bald head

Green Magnesium 03.28.2007 09:07 PM

Honestly. Why didn't they just call their last band "Smashing Pumpkins" instead of "Zwan" if they're just gonna pull this nonsense?

ZEROpumpkins 03.29.2007 04:01 AM

Who cares. Is Billy dead yet?

Washing Machine 03.29.2007 08:45 AM

ZEROpumpkins why have you turned so quickly againist the Pumpkins? You obviously liked them at some point, at least enough to have your user name as one of their songs. How can you change your opinion so quickly....it usually takes me at least a year and usually a little more to go off a band.

gmku 03.29.2007 08:50 AM

These guys are pretty old by now, aren't they?

fluxequalsrad 03.29.2007 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins

you love the smashing pumpkins, and your stupid sig telling everyone you don't is lame.

I would be surprised if yuo didn't see the pumpkins this tour. All these 'TROO FANz' saying they won't see them without james+darcy..just shut up

Washing Machine 03.29.2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad
you love the smashing pumpkins, and your stupid sig telling everyone you don't is lame.

I would be surprised if yuo didn't see the pumpkins this tour. All these 'TROO FANz' saying they won't see them without james+darcy..just shut up

I say this because the nostagia element. I really don't agree with Bands continuing with just 2 of the original members. If this the case with the Pumpkins, its not the Pumpkins at all (bands are more than just one or two people). I believe it would therefore be more dignified to call the band something else or Billy just go under 'Billy Corgan'.

In my band I do the great majority of the songwriting but it does not mean that I am the band. Every person in a band has a different purpose (some are good at writing songs, others brilliant musicians and some member ares there because they have an ability to add the little things that ulimately make the band great). This is why as Billy himself said "Bands make the best music"

fluxequalsrad 03.29.2007 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Washing Machine
I say this because the nostagia element. I really don't agree with Bands continuing with just 2 of the original members. If this the case with the Pumpkins, its not the Pumpkins at all (bands are more than just one or two people). I believe it would therefore be more dignified to call the band something else or Billy just go under 'Billy Corgan'.

In my band I do the great majority of the songwriting but it does not mean that I am the band. Every person in a band has a different purpose (some are good at writing songs, others brilliant musicians and some member ares there because they have an ability to add the little things that ulimately make the band great). This is why as Billy himself said "Bands make the best music"

I totally agree. I'm not saying I do not feel the family-thing with billy+james+d'arcy+jimmy..I mean they had some of the most heart warming and akward stage interaction ever, everyone in the band was neurotic in their own way.

I bet James will be in..he loves the pumpkins..but he also loves darcy and probably wouldn't want to do it without her.

I will see them regardless..just for the songs.

king_buzzo 03.29.2007 11:02 AM

I can't be bothered to go see them in the Netherlands.

GrungeMonkey 03.29.2007 12:01 PM

I can't afford to go see them.

Trasher02 03.29.2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins

µ
Wie do you suddenly hate them. Since the anti-SP thread there have been more haters. If you like them it's ok.

king_buzzo 03.29.2007 01:43 PM

Mudhoney are coming to holland in July. Im goign

StevOK 03.29.2007 01:54 PM

DC is their only american date? Fuck. I wants my Pumpkins.

aaronalive 03.29.2007 10:19 PM

Billy Corgan is the smashing pumpkins. The new record is going to be awesome, and I'm sure they will be fantastic live. Smashing Pumpkins are one of the best bands of all time.

k-krack 03.29.2007 10:36 PM

The people using the Zwan argument... totally different... Zwan was a fucking religious "side-project." Plus, if D'arcy doesn't do bass, (I don't think she's even alive anymore) it will be Auf Der Maur. So what, she was there for the last tours. Though, without Iha, there is a major part of the sound gone, but Corgan and Chamberlain are the core.

nicfit 07.18.2007 12:36 PM

Newsletter sent at 11:38:46 AM Wed., July 18, 2007

hi everyone,

We're surprised to announce that we will be opening for Smashing Pumpkins this fall. It should be crazy and we hope some of you can make it. We're also working on putting together more tours for Europe (we will do our best to make up some of the shows we missed this summer), South America, Asia, and Austrailia.

Okay. Thanks for caring.

Love,
Explosions

All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone

AMAZING NEWS!

scott v 07.18.2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronalive
Billy Corgan is the smashing pumpkins. The new record is going to be awesome, and I'm sure they will be fantastic live. Smashing Pumpkins are one of the best bands of all time.

OUCH! this is HARD TO READ!

Love

Billy Hater

scott v 07.18.2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
The people using the Zwan argument... totally different... Zwan was a fucking religious "side-project." Plus, if D'arcy doesn't do bass, (I don't think she's even alive anymore) it will be Auf Der Maur. So what, she was there for the last tours. Though, without Iha, there is a major part of the sound gone, but Corgan and Chamberlain are the core.

Face it Corgan is a whiney egomaniac, don't be a victim...