Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   how do you react to racism? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40235)

Derek 06.21.2010 03:32 PM

how do you react to racism?

Do you shrug off a remark someone has said? Or do you react harshly to it?

I also just don't mean racism towards yourself but to other people. I'm wondering this because a "friend" of mine made a very horrible comment to someone of dark skin and I felt very upset towards it. Sorry, but it's honestly that type of disrespect that makes me want to completely seclude myself from the human race and the fact this person was minding his own business only to have something vulgar thrown in his face disgusts me even more. That shit is just unacceptable to me, I was raised to see everyone as equal regardless of race, sex or sexuality although perhaps I've just not been prepared enough to see how the world really is.

Oh and please no typical dumb comments, I actually want people's opinions on this :(

Toilet & Bowels 06.21.2010 03:36 PM

you could take your friend up on it, tell him to shut up, disassociate yourself from him, punch him. all are fine responses.

space 06.21.2010 03:36 PM

I rage.

inb4 SFAD.

ps: most people are racists. you might run out of friends.

Derek 06.21.2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
you could take your friend up on it, tell him to shut up, disassociate yourself from him, punch him. all are fine responses.

It's a female who I could barely call a friend. She is merely just friends with some people I talk to who happens to be there a lot when I'm out and about.. though I think next time I will definitely be more harsh in my reaction.
Quote:

ps: most people are racists. you might run out of friends.
How so?

Rob Instigator 06.21.2010 03:42 PM

I write off suckas quick fast in a hurry.

life is too short to deal with ignorance, especially willful malicious ignorance.

if they come around and change their ways I always give people a second or third chance, but that seems to be rare

ni'k 06.21.2010 03:42 PM

racism is the sign of incestuous thought processes. the sign of the type of human who wants to keep the gene pool small.

Keeping It Simple 06.21.2010 04:48 PM

Says a white, middle class, PC posturing imbecile.

Toilet & Bowels 06.21.2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Says a white, middle class, PC posturing imbecile.

what do you think about the racism mentioned in the first post?

ni'k 06.21.2010 04:51 PM

yes yes. you want to troll.

but like i asked in the other thread. how old are you?

and how come you wont post a picture?

Keeping It Simple 06.21.2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

what do you think about the racism mentioned in the first post?

Derek is clearly afraid of the "Orwellian" PC thought police to the extent he'd snitch on one of his friends. Nobody likes a snitch, especially the Underworld. They usually end up murdered.

ni'k 06.21.2010 04:58 PM

ahaha

ni'k 06.21.2010 04:58 PM

simpleton. how old are you?

why wont you post a picture?

Toilet & Bowels 06.21.2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Derek is clearly afraid of the "Orwellian" PC thought police to the extent he'd snitch on one of his friends. Nobody likes a snitch, especially the Underworld. They usually end up murdered.

mate, get a grip

Keeping It Simple 06.21.2010 05:01 PM

I forgot to mention Derek sounds like a mindless mouthpiece for PC thought police propaganda.

ni'k 06.21.2010 05:03 PM

lul.

simpleton. how old are you?

Keeping It Simple 06.21.2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

mate, get a grip

Your tiny brain is clearly in the grip of the "Orwellian" social engineers of the lunatical left.

ni'k 06.21.2010 05:05 PM

im actually finding this funny for once.

simpleton how old are you?

Keeping It Simple 06.21.2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
im actually finding this funny for once.

simpleton how old are you?

Fail.

ni'k 06.21.2010 05:06 PM

wont you tell us how many years over 35 you are? can you even admit it to yourself?

surely the sex offenders register wont mind if you just post a face shot this time?

Keeping It Simple 06.21.2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
wont you tell us how many years over 35 you are? can you even admit it to yourself?

surely the sex offenders register wont mind if you just post a face shot this time?

Fail.