Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Godspeed You! Black Emperor curate ATP 2010 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39326)

_slavo_ 11.30.2010 02:12 PM

if anybody's up for a whisky session, i am more than in.

shabbray2.0 11.30.2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
ps. i dont drink whisky anymore. its vodka nowadays.

I cant believe that!

shabbray2.0 11.30.2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

its true! its since i stopped drinking coca cola.

I cant believe that too!

you stopped drinking my two favourite drinks!

pokkeherrie 12.01.2010 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvdWee
made a clearer schedule myself.

thanks!

pokkeherrie 12.01.2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Palestine is a not-to-be-missed for me, and it'll be the 3rd time I've seen him. It's possible I might not even bother with Godspeed.

When I saw him at the Rotterdam Film Festval a few years back he went into a drunken rant about the death of Soeharto and whatever else whatever was in the news that day and then he was calling the audience idiots for paying money to see him perform some old piece from the 70's, which he then refused to perform.

It was hilarious, especially since nobody in attendance had actually paid...it was a free event.

Would be nice if he played some music this time.

pokkeherrie 12.01.2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I'm not going but am seeing a number of bands on the line up that are playing in town. Since Country Teasers have not planned any gigs nearer proper civilisation that I know of, I'm hoping they refuse to leave their chalets for the entire duration of the festival so nobody gets to see them.

I'll come say hello if I see you in town.

Right, I'm off to Engerland then.

Genteel Death 12.01.2010 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
I'll come say hello if I see you in town.

Right, I'm off to Engerland then.

I'd do the same if I knew what you look like. Is your styled like a Sonic Youth fan? Will you be wearing a Dinosaur Jr t-shirt?

nicfit 12.01.2010 06:04 AM

I pray the gods for you travellin' guys.

EvdWee 12.01.2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

from where are you traveling?

EvdWee 12.01.2010 07:21 AM

ATTENTION!

one of us can't go due to an expired passport. And he can't renew it anymore.

so if anyone knows someone who wants to go along?

PAULYBEE2656 12.01.2010 08:24 AM

god damn it. missing them in dublin this week due to the crazy artic weather we are having. screw driving 100miles and risking life and limb on roads that you couldnt even walk on! pissed missing them but would be even pisser offer if i was stuck in a hospital after ploughing throuigh 3 or four cars whilst spinning stupidly out of control....and my wife would kill me!

_slavo_ 12.02.2010 03:04 AM

Quote:

ATTENTION!

one of us can't go due to an expired passport. And he can't renew it anymore.

so if anyone knows someone who wants to go along?

so, you're from Netherlands. The question is .. why the hell would any of you need a passport? Just do it the way I do - let him take his ID!

EvdWee 12.02.2010 03:13 AM

you need your passport/ID for the crossing of the Canal. He found out he had neither, one day before departure.

But anyway, we found a replacement.

Let's hope the roads in Kent open up again.

pokkeherrie 12.02.2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I'd do the same if I knew what you look like. Is your styled like a Sonic Youth fan? Will you be wearing a Dinosaur Jr t-shirt?

That would be "yes" on both counts. Didn't see you last night at the Garage.

pokkeherrie 12.02.2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

you need your passport/ID for the crossing of the Canal. He found out he had neither, one day before departure.

But anyway, we found a replacement.

Let's hope the roads in Kent open up again.

Sorry to be telling this after you've already found a replacement, but it's possible to get a passport/id in a speedy procedure where you can collect it within 24 hours instead of the normal 5 days or so. I did that once, costs about 30 euros extra I think.

I'm incredibly happy I got to London yesterday afternoon already, because today about half of the Eurostar train services have been cancelled. I keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow. Good luck everyone.

The Dead C fucking killed it last night and Baro Pond were great too.

Genteel Death 12.02.2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
That would be "yes" on both counts. Didn't see you last night at the Garage.

I was there with Melly. Are you going to Rangda/Borbetomagus? Bardo Pond I enjoyed a lot, Dead C I didn't.

pokkeherrie 12.02.2010 07:21 PM

Yeah, I'll be at that one too. So we have a date then? I'll be wearing my Dinosaur Jr shirt of course.

I did meet blunderbuss and T&B and I think I spotted someone who looked like Melly, but I wasn't convinced it was him. Was Melly right at the front during The Dead C? If so, than I was standing almost right next to him.

I enjoyed The Dead C a lot more than Bardo Pond.,. Not that I didn't like Bardo Pond, but I've seen them many times now and this wasn't the best of those. There was one bit of The Dead C's set (about 20-30 minutes in) that I liked less (Yeats drumming didn't fit in with the rest during that bit I thought), but other than that I really enjoyed every minute of it. I thought it was much better than 2006 at the Luminaire and probably equally as good as at ATP that year.

Genteel Death 12.03.2010 12:26 AM

We were standing to the left of the stage, not exactly in front of it but not too far. Saw t&b at the bar. It wasn't the best Bardo Pond gig I have been to either, and the sound wasn't great, but I still enjoyed it regardless. Dead C baffled and disappointed me no end. The drumless bit at the beginning was ok, then when the drumming appeared it was like the 3 of them weren't listening to each other at all, and they played without a sense of any direction. If this was them killing it, I fear what a bad Dead C gig sounds like.

Glice 12.03.2010 03:13 AM

I'm glad you said that. I felt exactly the same after seeing them at ATP a few years ago.

stu666 12.03.2010 03:17 AM

i'm just about to leave, has there been much snow around Bristol area Glice?good luck getting there everyone!