Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Anyone else hate Halloween? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=17342)

Rob Instigator 10.26.2007 11:57 AM

Anyone else hate Halloween?

I get a lot of flack from people about my opinion of halloween. It is, in my opinion of course, the most boring and pointless holiday (for adults) to celebrate.
It bores me to tears, costumes bore me to tears. I love parties of all types,a nd enjoy them thouroughly, but I could give a flying fuck about halloween and dressing up and all that dumb shit.

I have many reasons for this. (all personal opinions)

1- halloween is for children. adults in costume always bore me. children can "become" dracula, or batman, or a princess or whatever. adults do not "become" anything, they just stand around like at any other party "dressed as" something. after ten minutes, you have seen all the costumes, and it is just another party.

2- halloween is supposed to be specifically scary, not just a costume party (costume parties can be done anytime), and I find it goofy and boring to see so many chicks take the opportunity to dress as scandalous as possible just because it is halloween and they can get away with it. while I am fuly hetero and love the ladies and love scantily clad ladies, watching chicks on halloween dressed like some sort of victoria's secret catalog reject, does not say "HALLOWEEN" to me. It just says "stupid chick trying to pick up a guy on halloween by dressing like a slut."

3- (this one is purely personal) I have a full beard. i also wear glasses and cannot wear contact lenses. due to this, I cannot wear scary rubber masks (glasses) I cannot wear facial makeup to dress scary (beard and glasses), and there are just so many costumes available for a guy like me. All the usual ones, King Henry VIII, which is stupid and not scary, crazed lumberjack which I already did and no one got without me explaining it (if you have to explain yr costume it sucks the fun out of it) or paul bunyan (same thing) etc all suck ass.

I once dressed as a sandwhich board wearing guy proclaiming "THE END IS NIGH" on my sign, like a apocalypse nutso, and almost no one understood what NIGH meant. and I was at a party with college graduates!

fuck, I am just ranting. haloween is boring to me, and I see it asd just another excuse for people to act like fools and drink themselves into stupors, a la st patrick's day, or new year's eve. I do not drink, I can barely drink a beer without my alcohol allergy kiciking in badly.

I have no whimsy! none at all!

I think it also does not help that I hated being a child and everything that went with it. ;)

does anyone else feel this way? is it just me? I think it is just me.

It is fun to see my friend's having fun, and dressed up, but like I said, once the initial wow of seeing my brother dressed as Gay Jesus, or my friend as Mr. Peanut wears off, it is just not fun for me.

we should overthrow the government for fun this halloween. I am just rambling. I hate the bholidays, most any holiday, and holiday season in the USA starts with halloween, and the it is thanksgiving (boring yet hectic times with family), then christmas then new years. Man I could care less.

SynthethicalY 10.26.2007 11:59 AM

I just think of it like any other day, I rather sleep which I might be doing.

Savage Clone 10.26.2007 12:06 PM

I save my loathing for Christmas.

SynthethicalY 10.26.2007 12:07 PM

Yes, I usually say Thanksgiving.

king_buzzo 10.26.2007 12:08 PM

I dont really celebrate it since its my birthday on halloween, I celebrate my birthday.

floatingslowly 10.26.2007 12:11 PM

you heartless bastards.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN, MAN.

THE FUCKING CHILDREN!

Savage Clone 10.26.2007 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
you heartless bastards.

THE FUCKING CHILDREN!

You want me to think about FUCKING CHILDREN?
Good god, man.
That's just sick.

king_buzzo 10.26.2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

you heartless bastards.

THE FUCKING CHILDREN!

and you're calling us high

sonicl 10.26.2007 12:27 PM

Yeah, I hate Halloween. I hate kids that I've never seen before in my life knocking on my door and demanding gifts.

Rob Instigator 10.26.2007 12:31 PM

I do think of the children. Halloween is FOR children.
and parents with children can enjoy it thoroughly seeing the joy in their kids at dressing up

that being said, I hated halloween when I was a kid too! at any given halloween kids party there were at least 4 "draculas" with terribly applied make-up

Glice 10.26.2007 12:48 PM

Fucking Halloween. Fucking stupid fucking prickish fucking non-festival. Fucking kids with their fucking firework flinging.

I saw 3 lads throw a world of bangers at some young boys on bikes yesterday. Fucking cunts. I realise hallooween isn't the same as Guy Fawkes, but still, same time of year, same twattish irritation.

floatingslowly 10.26.2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
You want me to think about FUCKING CHILDREN?
Good god, man.
That's just sick.

don't blame me for yr brain's override of YR dyslexic mismatch of MY post.

Never
Allow
Minnesotans (to)
Babysit
Little
Alex

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I saw 3 lads throw a world of bangers at some young boys on bikes yesterday.

wow.

why can't I talk like that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
banging boys on bikes. that's HOT.

who's sick now?

you sick fuck.

EMMAh 10.26.2007 12:59 PM

I love it, anyone who hates it is a ffrreeaakk.

SynthethicalY 10.26.2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

I SUPPORT NAMBLA.

Sick TURD.

screamingskull 10.26.2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh

same here, halloween is great!

Rob Instigator 10.26.2007 01:06 PM

the question to screamingskul and emmah is "why?"

(most girls I know love halloween, which I think is partly an extension of how most girls are in "costume" all day every day anyway, what with make-up and outfits and hair etc.)

nicfit 10.26.2007 01:07 PM

I wish halloween was a big thing over here, I'd take loads of weird pics :(.

Rob Instigator 10.26.2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh

I like to think of myself more as an adult ;)

floatingslowly 10.26.2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
doodoo poopy head!

you sir have challenged my manhood with yr sissy taunts.

I demand trial by combat.

to further prove my honor, I shall delope. however, please note that should you fail to kill me the first time, you will be surely smote.

choose yr weapon and make paces, fiend.

screamingskull 10.26.2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the question to screamingskul and emmah is "why?"

(most girls I know love halloween, which I think is partly an extension of how most girls are in "costume" all day every day anyway, what with make-up and outfits and hair etc.)

i am going as a skeleton (donnie darko style) this year. So no, for me halloween is not just as excuse to dress as a slut for the day.

I dunno, its just great, the pumpkins, the candle light, the scary movies, the candy. Its all wonderful!