Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Deerhoof tomorrow (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10948)

Alex's Trip 03.01.2007 09:41 PM

Deerhoof tomorrow

At the Epicenter.

Is anyone else going?

schizophrenicroom 03.01.2007 09:45 PM

try and sneak in during soundcheck. i can't say enough about how nice they are. and they're just plain awesome live. if harlem shakes are opening, they're really good. busdriver is rad.

!@#$%! 03.01.2007 09:49 PM

mandrakes. i am trying to get to the phoenix show on sunday. it's going to be a tight one. argh...

drrrtyboots 03.01.2007 10:11 PM

if i were dog and you a man, i would throw a stick for you!

Alex's Trip 03.03.2007 09:58 AM

They were great!

Trasher02 03.03.2007 10:04 AM

That's nice! I missed them when they played in Belgium.

AllHandsOnTheBigOne 03.03.2007 01:34 PM

I ended up going last night as well. I thought they were great. Their selection of songs was impeccable.

Weird question -- did anyone who attended happen to go with their dad?

Alex's Trip 03.03.2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
I ended up going last night as well. I thought they were great. Their selection of songs was impeccable.

Weird question -- did anyone who attended happen to go with their dad?

I did. My parent's are fucking control freaks. Wouldn't let me go alone. (and I can't drive)

AllHandsOnTheBigOne 03.04.2007 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I did. My parent's are fucking control freaks. Wouldn't let me go alone. (and I can't drive)

Heh. I dunno, I might have met your dad then. I was sitting on a couch before the first band went on and I got into a short conversation with a guy. He asked me if I knew anything about the two opening acts, I said I didn't, and then he commented on my Sonic Youth shirt and said that he was here with his son who was a big SY fan himself.

Alex's Trip 03.04.2007 02:09 AM

Washing Machine shirt? If so, I saw you...

Yeah, that was my dad. He was sitting on a couch in the back. He couldn't handle being up close to a band again (after every concert he takes me to (and yes, my parents require him to accompany me) he can handle concerts less and less).

Funny thing: two people from this board have met my parents. Kegmama met my mom, and you met my dad.

king_buzzo 03.04.2007 06:51 AM

kewl, lucky bastard

AllHandsOnTheBigOne 03.04.2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Washing Machine shirt? If so, I saw you...

Yeah, that was my dad. He was sitting on a couch in the back. He couldn't handle being up close to a band again (after every concert he takes me to (and yes, my parents require him to accompany me) he can handle concerts less and less).

Funny thing: two people from this board have met my parents. Kegmama met my mom, and you met my dad.

Yep. That was me.

Your dad seemed like a nice guy. Said that he enjoyed Deerhoof.

Alex's Trip 03.04.2007 03:38 PM

I think he meant "could tolerate." Let's just say he won't be playing any Deerhoof on his ipod.

SonikJesus 03.05.2007 02:09 AM

Quote:

Man, it must suck to have your parents with you at every gig you go to.

!@#$%! 03.05.2007 01:16 PM

malfakkers, i could not go because my parents wouldnt let me.

no. just kidding. i actually had too much fucking work to do. fuck. i will, in good time, exact my revenge though.

nature scene 03.05.2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonikJesus
Man, it must suck to have your parents with you at every gig you go to.

maybe he likes his dad dude. any dad willing to take his kid to shows like deerhoof sounds pretty cool in my book.

drrrtyboots 03.05.2007 04:38 PM

if you can get your dad to take you to a wolf eyes show he gets my vote for man of the year.

Alex's Trip 03.05.2007 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nature scene
maybe he likes his dad dude. any dad willing to take his kid to shows like deerhoof sounds pretty cool in my book.

I like him for the most part. I just hate having to go with him to shows.

!@#$%! 03.05.2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

I like him for the most part. I just hate having to go with him to shows.

better than not being able to go for sure, though. just tell him "stay away from me old man, i'll meet you in the back alley when the show is over" -- ha ha.

youthoftomorrow 03.05.2007 09:38 PM

my dad took me and a friend to Metallica two years ago. he sat up in a seat while my friend and i flung ourselves into a mosh pit. quite a fun show.