Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I am *this* far from giving up on job applications and walking into the hustler club (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=35257)

phoenix 10.13.2009 10:54 PM

I am *this* far from giving up on job applications and walking into the hustler club

seriously.

my home will be a cardboard box in less than a month without $/ :(

pbradley 10.13.2009 10:57 PM

I'm currently on the random jobs for my extended family tour.

jon boy 10.13.2009 10:57 PM

dont do it, no matter what the texan board members say. can you move back in with parents? i know its not ideal but if your broke it might give you a chance to save up some money.

phoenix 10.13.2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
I'm currently on the random jobs for my extended family tour.

same!!! I'm quickly approaching the end of hte list though!! I'm a fairy at a kids party next week!!!

phoenix 10.13.2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
dont do it, no matter what the texan board members say. can you move back in with parents? i know its not ideal but if your broke it might give you a chance to save up some money.

I have been moved back in mith my mom for almost 12 months now... She is getting pissed and to be honest I fucking hate it and would rather be anywhere but here, and I had said/we agreed I was leaving at the end of the month. There is no saving however when you are not working, no matter how low the rent is.

the big quasar 10.13.2009 11:09 PM

Have you tried taking portfolio photos for aspiring actors/artists/bands etc?
There's no outlay for you if you charge them for your time and burn a CD instead of selling them prints.

phoenix 10.13.2009 11:10 PM

I'ved tried asking around but haven't had much luck. Everyone seems to be in the same boat of having not much funds to spare. :(

jon boy 10.13.2009 11:12 PM

universities are always looking for research students, you dont have to take any experimental drugs (dang) just stuff like answering a bunch of questions.

the big quasar 10.13.2009 11:22 PM

What about action sport photos? Not the big-time stars because they get stuff for free.
Try the under-20s in football, basketball, netball, baseball, swimming. With digital you can show the subject your shots straight after the game. I'm sure you could make a few sales that way.

I get Brazilian surfers asking if I shot them all the time. (But most of the time I haven't shot them!)

atsonicpark 10.13.2009 11:23 PM

When I was broke, I signed up for internet surveys. Took hundreds a month, maybe made $100 a month. It wasn't really worth the time but it was something. They send tons of little checks.

phoenix 10.13.2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the big quasar
What about action sport photos? Not the big-time stars because they get stuff for free.
Try the under-20s in football, basketball, netball, baseball, swimming. With digital you can show the subject your shots straight after the game. I'm sure you could make a few sales that way.

I get Brazilian surfers asking if I shot them all the time. (But most of the time I haven't shot them!)

oh that sounds like a good idea!

phoenix 10.13.2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
universities are always looking for research students, you dont have to take any experimental drugs (dang) just stuff like answering a bunch of questions.

how do you go about looking up that stuff :confused:

atsonicpark 10.13.2009 11:29 PM

newspaper

phoenix 10.13.2009 11:32 PM

I think I've only seen one of those requests in the last few months and I didn't meet the criteria..

HaydenAsche 10.13.2009 11:36 PM

Have the government give you money. Tell them you're too anxious to work. Get a doctor's note. Fuck the government.

atsonicpark 10.13.2009 11:36 PM

I'd pay you to film some stuff for me, honestly. If you could film 20 minutes of dramatic ranting and shots of the beach, then I'd give you some cash.

phoenix 10.13.2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Have the government give you money. Tell them you're too anxious to work. Get a doctor's note. Fuck the government.

government payout isn't enough to live on, and is generally more work to it it than it is actually worth.

phoenix 10.13.2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I'd pay you to film some stuff for me, honestly. If you could film 20 minutes of dramatic ranting and shots of the beach, then I'd give you some cash.

I dont.... act.

maybe the beach. As if I know how to film stuff. :(

if I could do any of that I'd do it for free anyway.

Dead-Air 10.13.2009 11:39 PM

Responding directly to the Thread Title...

Based upon my recent experience, I'd say DON'T FUCKING DO THAT!

Especially if you are putting it forth as the last thing you would do, which you seem to be.

I'm not full of advice about how to get money, but don't resort to your last resorts, because that never makes you feel better about life.

phoenix 10.13.2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead-Air

I'm not full of advice about how to get money, but don't resort to your last resorts, because that never makes you feel better about life.

very good point....

It is just very depressing still not finding a job, I know I am a decent worker. It is sucking the life from mybones.