Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Got Wii? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=12806)

Jt 05.01.2007 09:30 PM

Got Wii?

Seriously, anyone here got a Wii? It looks IMMENSE - I just can't get hold of one in England right now. Are they as fun to play as they look? What about the game quality? Zelda? ZELDA??!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SynthethicalY 05.01.2007 09:31 PM

I like selda on gameboy.

Alex's Trip 05.01.2007 09:37 PM

Zelda kicks ass.

I have a Wii.

SynthethicalY 05.01.2007 09:42 PM

I might get the wii for zelda.

Alex's Trip 05.01.2007 09:48 PM

Excite Truck is pretty fun as well.

val-holla-ing 05.01.2007 11:46 PM

i got a wii the day they came out.

i don't really have time to play it, because of school, but it's really fun. i have five or six games for it and they really don't get old. i haven't even tried playing drunk yet, and i imagine that would take it to a whole new level.

EMMAh 05.02.2007 12:35 AM

I know like 5 people who have Wiis. Personally, I have no interest in them, but everyone else seems to think they're great.

Jt 05.02.2007 05:21 AM

I've got Zelda for the GC but like... Super Mario GALAXY!!!

diggers 05.02.2007 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jt
Seriously, anyone here got a Wii? It looks IMMENSE - I just can't get hold of one in England right now. Are they as fun to play as they look? What about the game quality? Zelda? ZELDA??!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yip damn hard to get one in the uk, got mine from simplygames.com, luckily i had http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/wii_console_realtime.asp open all day at work and it spams a pop up message when any come in stock nationwide.

atsonicpark 05.02.2007 05:38 AM

I waited 17 hours to get one of these................. for my girlfriend.

The wii is okay. It's just like every Nintendo system since N64: there'll be like ten or so AMAZING games and tons of shit in between. That being said, Nintendo is going in the right direction by emphasizing fun and innovation instead of OH MY GOD 4D GRAPHIXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!! (seriously, that Gays of War game is just the same old first person shooter crap with a more metallic look -- who gives a fuck?). I hated the XBox, but the Xbox360 seems okay enough, but the PS3 just seems like shit. My problem with the wii will inevitably be that the games won't feature enough depth. Sure, there's Zelda, but where at the RPG's at (Zelda doesn't count...)? And if anyone designs an RPG for the Wii, it'll probably force that dumb controller on you. So, yeah, if I absolutely had to get one of the three systems for myself, I'd... sigh.. unfortunately get Xbox360... it has Resident Evil 5 coming for it and at least some decent RPG's already. The wii, though, with its cheap price and short and quirky games, is probably just fine for people who can't invest much time into gaming. As for the PS3... well, I didn't even think the PS2 was that great (except Rez, Katamari, Ico, a few really amazing RPG's, but yeah)... and the PS3 seems a million times worse. Fuck that.

ALIEN ANAL 05.02.2007 05:39 AM

but 'gays' of war isnt a first person shooter...and it looks and feels amazing..

atsonicpark 05.02.2007 05:51 AM

it's a first-and-a-half-person-shooter.

just not my thing, i guess.

i think halo is boring too...

HECKLER SPRAY 05.02.2007 06:04 AM

Congratulations atsonicpark, you reach 1000 posts !
I finished Halo and Halo 2. Yeah, disappointing... I had more fun with old stuffs like Duke Nukem in the 90's.

atsonicpark 05.02.2007 06:28 AM

why, thank you! 1,000 posts!

and yeah, i always tell people that.. duke nukem 3d and goldeneye are way better than the first person garbage of today.

Trasher02 05.02.2007 06:44 AM

I'm going to buy one I think.

auto-aim 05.02.2007 06:48 AM

Yep, I've got a wii! Though Nintendo seems to have decided that they're not going to release any games for europe... That said it's a good system - but it'll be hard to judge till we've given it like a year. I love the control setup - for games like the godfather it really does enhance them beyond what they were before. I have spent more time playing old game on it though than new - altho thats a feature i like they are rip offs and im wasting my money. It needs to get its killer aps out though and announce a few more.

Tokolosh 05.02.2007 07:54 AM

Not my cup of tea.

A site for Wii fans.
www.wiihaveaproblem.com

HairwayToSteven 05.02.2007 09:27 AM

I have a Wii and I enjoy it. Is it wrong of me to find people injuring themselves and destroying things while playing the Wii hilarious? I don't think so.

LittlePuppetBoy 05.02.2007 07:21 PM

I have one. Very fun. Wii sports is an excellent game for parties and just hanging out.

val-holla-ing 05.02.2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
I have one. Very fun. Wii sports is an excellent game for parties and just hanging out.

agreed. i bonded with my girlfriend's younger brother over the boxing game.