Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post Something Completely Relevant (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=86273)

MellySingsDoom 02.11.2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
How are the river banks bursting? Did you go for a swim.

Yup, the river banks have burst in Kingston, Staines, Sunbury, Weybridge, Walton, and so on. Afraid my swimming skills are sorely rubbish these days, so no free swimathon for me!

Diesel 02.12.2014 06:24 AM

All those banks! You must be Huge.

MellySingsDoom 02.12.2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

All those banks! You must be Huge.

Enormous, in fact - here's me at lunch today:

Diesel 02.12.2014 12:00 PM

Bosh

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.12.2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Bosh

!@#$%! 09.17.2014 10:34 PM

i was pickling some overripe peaches in booze

i didn't have enough vodka so i reached under the kitchen sink for the bottle of everclear (95% alcohol)

i used up the bottle on the peaches (and mixed in some water)

so then like a goofy child i say to my wife "hey you wanna see some science experiment?

i put the *empty* bottle sideways, pointing a little down actually (so the drops of booze would trickle to the mouth) i bring a lighter to the mouth and WOOOOOOOSH

a blue fucking JET of fire shoots out of the *empty* bottle like a rocket

i was expecting just a fucking "woosh"! but no-- BLUE ROCKET!!! like a fucking blowtorch.

the jet seared 2 of my fucking fingers! motherfucker!

it totally crisped the outside skin. luckily in spite of the superhigh temps the total quantity of heat wasn't too much and i was next to the sink (cold water) and while the outer skin was crispy i don't have any necrotic tissue (yet…! fingers crossed--- no, fingers bandaged, dammit. )

but it's starting to hurt a bit. fucking fingers are swollen!

son of 20,000 !@#!@$!

this is rocket fuel

children: look at the fucking idiot and learn. *don't* play with fire.

===

ps- more fucktards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhpGs4gCXf4

EVOLghost 09.18.2014 05:37 AM

Hahahahhahahahaha awesome. Hope it heals soon lol hahah great story to start my day.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.21.2014 08:45 PM

!@#$%! 09.25.2014 08:25 PM

for macusers:

http://mac-how-to.wonderhowto.com/ho...-os-x-0157606/

EVOLghost 09.27.2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

This is mah show. The newanimation is all flash and makes it look weird. Still love tht show.

!@#$%! 02.26.2015 01:50 PM

net neutrality lives to fight another day

“This is no more a plan to regulate the Internet than the First Amendment is a plan to regulate free speech,” said FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler. “They both stand for the same concept: openness, expression and an absence of gatekeepers telling them what they can do, where they can go and what they can think.”

(of course internet providers plan to challenge this in court)

http://wapo.st/1DWi8iy

schizophrenicroom 02.27.2015 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

goddamnit bosh i miss you

two christmases ago or right before i was at their shootaround and sitting courtside, yelled out "chrrrrisss bossssh" during shootaround when he sank a good shot, and he yelled "cool fan!" so yeah, that's my chris bosh story.

!@#$%! 11.28.2017 10:29 AM

so. winter is here! brain hacking time.

my first focus: serotonin and how to increase it

the plan so far:
1) more light
2) more exercise
3) more massage
4) dwell on good things not on gloom
additionally, for extra safety:
5) diet (oats/whey/garbanzo/etc) = increased tryptophan -> serotonin -> melatonin (sleep) (even though dietary tryptophan doesn’t show increased serotonin, i’ll double down on it in case it’s a question of margins)

!@#$%! 11.28.2017 11:35 AM

once the serotonin baseline has been established it’s time to work on the dopamine increase.

because low serotonin causes dopamine-seeking behavior (i.e. addiction).

however, naturally increased dopamine on a firm bed of serotonin = good cheer & motivation

looks like tyrosine is the key aminoacid here, plus some activities...

!@#$%! 11.28.2017 11:38 AM

fuck, i made the mistake of going to the beginning of this thread.

serotonin = 0, dopamine = negative

let’s reboot...

evollove 11.28.2017 12:53 PM

Not sure what's gong on chemically, but tyrosine and caffeine blend has been a nice way to start my day. (Need to switch from coffee to green tea, tho)

!@#$%! 11.28.2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
Not sure what's gong on chemically, but tyrosine and caffeine blend has been a nice way to start my day. (Need to switch from coffee to green tea, tho)

oooh, tyrosine is a dopamine precursor and caffeine enhances dopamine signaling! so it’s a nice boost of “reward” chemicals most likely.

one thing i’ve read though is that low SEROTONIN makes one more dopamine-craving, so, prone to addictions in order to ‘“fill the void.”

ima read up on tyrosine supplements, which are reportedly cheep, but looking for “natural” means.

thanks!

evollove 11.28.2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
5) diet (oats/whey/garbanzo/etc) = increased tryptophan -> serotonin -> melatonin (sleep)

--Are some oats more tryptophan-ny than others?

--And are there foods that give a serotonin boost without the tryptophan step, or is that necessary?

!@#$%! 11.28.2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
--Are some oats more tryptophan-ny than others?

--And are there foods that give a serotonin boost without the tryptophan step, or is that necessary?

well more tryptophan does not necessarily mean more serotonin. that’s a fact shown by research i think.

but tryptophan as the precursor is necessary to make serotonin. so you need a basic level of it for sure, and beyond that i don’t know. but depends on your metabolism or how you synthesize things, why not eat more. it’s just food. that’s why i listed it last.

there’s also some relation with carb consumption and serotonin, i.e. carbs (the good ones) help keep your levels of serotonin up. so that 2 points for oats

for actual serotonin supplementation people use an intermediary form... 5-HTP or something it’s called? it’s a step between the 2 (closer to serotonin) but i’ve never tried it. i read it was banned and then allowed again. i really don’t know.

as for the oats, i think they’re all basically the same, except that the instant ones taste like shit and have a shitty texture. fuck that mess— grey boogers.

i buy the organic hippy rolled oats at the hippy story in bulk. they smell funkier than quaker oats. must be the patchouli! but yeah they cook in 5’ on the stovetop same as quaker and so cheap it’s affordable organic.

i’ve tried steel cut oats and they’re a pain in the ass if you ask me. i can’t wait infinite minutes for them to cook. oh, there’s this brand at costco, “coach” or something, that were tasty.

BUT LIGHT! this morning i sat in front of a window until my eyes hurt and it was a huge boost. free of charge. even a cloudy afternoon is brighter than what you get at an office. so... get outside some. the earlier the better so you get the most benefit. serotonin (peace) —> melatonin (sleep)

!@#$%! 11.28.2017 10:44 PM

ps read this! it’s good. useful, “free”, and even a little funny

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...tonin-activity