Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

!@#$%! 06.19.2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Rose: We're back with legendary producer Robert Evans. Now,
before you did "The Godfather," there was "Love Story." Tell us about that.
Evans: Ah, "Love Story" -- the little picture that could. Was Paramount chomping at the bit to make it? Heh, heh, you'd better believe they weren't. But once that tear-jerker hit John Q. Popcorn, it was boffo-boo-boo box office all the way. [chuckles]
Rose: And the critics loved it, too. I remember Vincent Canby

evollove 06.19.2015 09:09 AM

Once upon a time Charlie Rose was my hero. Pre-internet, no cable, and he and NPR were the only ways I had of staying in touch with the larger world.

I'm still glad he's around, but I now realize he's very mortal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
1) when he tries to talk over the guest to prove that he knows everything. SHUT UP CHARLIE!

--I recall Oliver Stone rolling his eyes at the 10,000th interruption.

--An editor at the New Yorker, Adam Gopnik. "A writer needs three things..." He listed two before Charlie cut him off and changed the subject. I actually emailed Gopnik the next day to find out the third thing. Jesus fuck.

!@#$%! 06.19.2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove

--An editor at the New Yorker, Adam Gopnik. "A writer needs three things..." He listed two before Charlie cut him off and changed the subject. I actually emailed Gopnik the next day to find out the third thing. Jesus fuck.

ha ha-- did gopnik reply? and what were the first 2 things?

i loved one he did with jeanne moreau. because she put him in his place very quickly.

evollove 06.19.2015 09:47 AM

^ Funnily enough, I don't remember the answer, so i guess it doesn't matter. This was years ago. A tribute to JD Salinger if I remember right.

Look it up while I look up the Moreau interview. What a cool chick. I'd still do her.

!@#$%! 06.19.2015 09:50 AM

i'd love to do that right now but i'm behind with work!

evollove 06.19.2015 09:51 AM

Sell out

!@#$%! 06.19.2015 10:08 AM

haha ha--- hey, i'm self-employed! i wish i could pay myself to warm a chair...

and i actually took tuesday and thursday off but... aghghghghg deadlines today

A Thousand Threads 06.28.2015 07:04 PM

schizophrenicroom 06.28.2015 07:18 PM

nice!

i wanna see suchfriends on his acid and hennessey trip

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.29.2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
nice!

i wanna see suchfriends on his acid and hennessey trip

No you don't, turns me into something primal, animalistic.. we stumbled into this oak forest on a hillside overlooking the Bay that was being attacked by like 50mph winds.. there was an enormous wild turkey that morphed into some kind pf raptor before flying off like an eagle.. when we got to the top a bunch of scary kids like Children of the Corn were climbing the trees so we literally ran off..

I live on mushrooms but when it comes to acid, i barely survive. Drank that entire bottle of henny to try and dull and/or mellow the doses no such luck. Indeed the acid was so powerful that the henny had like zero effect, normally if i drink that much im gonna throw up and go to bed..

EVOLghost 06.30.2015 06:20 AM

Acid is like coke when it comes to drinking. You can just keep that shot going.

I had a trip myself a few weeks back. Shit was intense...more intense than usual since I dropped with my girlfriend. She had a terrible time. Sooo never again for her lol. I just missed an opportunity to do it at a lake house....:/ but oh well. I felt it was too soon.

gmku 06.30.2015 08:11 AM

I've never dropped acid. I had a dream last night about it, coincidentally. I've always been a little curious about it.

Bytor Peltor 06.30.2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I've never dropped acid. I had a dream last night about it, coincidentally. I've always been a little curious about it.

"I dropped acid on a Saturday night, Just to see what the fuss was about, Now there goes the neighborhood"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.30.2015 02:23 PM

Acid is for kids.. its cool when you're an adult but the developed brain doesn't enjoy it as much as the less mature brain. For me, its the duration that gets me.. 10-18 hours is just too much.. if it were 3-6 like mushrooms cool, but on acid 3-6 hours is just the introduction phase.. there are hours still to go

Antagon 07.05.2015 06:28 AM

After the film-shoot. Notice the dog stealthily chilling in the background. I'm usually a cat person, but he was kind of cute and very ecstatic about getting some attention and affection. Not so great picture quality though as it was taken from someone's smartphone.

stu666 07.05.2015 04:45 PM

Keeping cool yesterday after having a swim in the sea.

gmku 07.28.2015 10:06 AM

In the Peace Grove.

gmku 07.28.2015 02:44 PM

In the halls of academia.

Rob Instigator 07.28.2015 02:47 PM

gmku has one HELL of a lint-roller....

gmku 07.28.2015 02:49 PM

Is that a double entendre, Rob?