Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sonic Life (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13644)

sonicl 06.05.2007 10:34 AM

Sonic Life

Hopefully this has got Rob Instigator's attention - Your pm inbox is full. Can you clear some space please?

And to make the creation of the thread worthwhile:

What is the most Sonic aspect of your life?

Mine, I would say, is an understanding that it is up to me how I live my life, but that I don't have to shove that fact in everyone else's face.

Danny Himself 06.05.2007 11:05 AM

The most Sonic aspect of my life is probably my outstanding collection of t-shirts. If you were to see me on the street, I would be wearing one of many colourful shirts, most likely with a clever phrase or obscure company name printed on it. I even wear them underneath my uniform for school. Nobody sees it, but it makes me feel that little more secure about how amazing I must look.

So far I must have about 30 shirts in circulation that I've bought over the past few years.

If it's cold I'll wear two.

Sometimes I make my own.

king_buzzo 06.05.2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
The most Sonic aspect of my life is probably my outstanding collection of t-shirts. If you were to see me on the street, I would be wearing one of many colourful shirts, most likely with a clever phrase or obscure company name printed on it. I even wear them underneath my uniform for school. Nobody sees it, but it makes me feel that little more secure about how amazing I must look.

So far I must have about 30 shirts in circulation that I've bought over the past few years.

Sometimes I make my own.

Amazing, i have band tees but i want some random ones with random company names!!! I want them! now!

sonicl 06.05.2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Sometimes I make my own.

Many years ago I worked behind the counter in a bank, and I would always wear a band t-shirt under my shirt. Being as I always wore fairly cheap white shirts, it would always be possible to see, say, a Motorhead logo peeking out from behind my tie. Rock 'n' roll, huh?

Danny Himself 06.05.2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzzzzo
I want them! now!

Tough luck, I'm not giving them away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Rock 'n' roll, huh?

Very.

Rob Instigator 06.05.2007 11:22 AM

This has gotten my attention. I will clear out PM's.

the most sonic aspect of my life is myself, my voice. I am one sonic boom waiting to happen.

king_buzzo 06.05.2007 11:26 AM

Quote:

Tough luck, I'm not giving them away.

Very.

Aaaahhh!

lucyrulesok 06.05.2007 11:28 AM

Inhuuuuuuuuuumaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Why won't it let me write that in capital letters?

sonicl 06.05.2007 11:31 AM

Write it in bold. That usually allows you to keep capitals as capitals, I think.

Anyway are you saying that the most sonic thing about your life is that you are inhuman?

PS - Thanks, Rob. I've pm'd you now.

tesla69 06.05.2007 11:31 AM

live music scene

floatingslowly 06.05.2007 11:34 AM

I'm hardwired to my ipod.

my headphones rarely leave my ears.

it's the only way I can hope to listen to most of my 2+ terabytes of music. :eek:

king_buzzo 06.05.2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
Inhuuuuuuuuuumaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Why won't it let me write that in capital letters?

Did you write inhuman in capitals first and then edited adding the other part? It works when you have write in capitals LIKE THIS and lower case letters. It only works like that. i know, its weird

lucyrulesok 06.05.2007 11:39 AM

Ok, well, INHUUUUUUUUMAAAAAAAN

As in, I am, so I have no Sonic Life :D

king_buzzo 06.05.2007 11:41 AM

I too have no (sonic) life.

terminal pharmacy 06.05.2007 04:11 PM

my whole life is lived in a sonic realm - engineer design and composition and i have fun doing all of them

sarramkrop 06.05.2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
live music scene

Avoid political circles, mate. You have some of the worst opinions in those fields, like, ever.