Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   recordings of music created by children? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=19761)

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 02.16.2008 12:09 PM

recordings of music created by children?

I love "jamming" with my 20 month old nephew. Today I had a feedback loop going on my pedalboard and he was turning effects on and off and adjusting them for different sounds and speaking gibberish into the mic. Good times.

Since there are experimental recordings made of elephants hitting drums, I'm sure there are some with children randomly playing instruments.

oh and I know a child is far different from a monkey, But the monkey hacking at the type writer will eventually write shakespeare right? Because my nephew was hacking a toddler keyboard the other day and played the first few notes of ode to joy in perfect timing. It was weird to hear in sandwiched between a bunch of seemingly random keyboard notes.

any good ones?

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 02.16.2008 12:09 PM

By the way my nephew is listening to Mile Wide by Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 and he's dancing. He'll mute it for a sec and then he'll unmute it and dance.

batreleaser 02.16.2008 12:16 PM

does your little nephew wanna be designated dancer for my band?

king_buzzo 02.16.2008 12:27 PM

hahah ive got abouts 5 minutes recorded when i was a kid singing out kraftwerk. hardcore.

hat and beard 02.16.2008 01:08 PM

Haven't heard it, but...

atsonicpark 02.17.2008 08:03 AM

well, there's a rumor jon - smoke was made by a little girl.

it certainly sounds like it.. it's just this japanese girl cooing and playing organ..

PAULYBEE2656 02.17.2008 12:39 PM

Everyneurotic 02.17.2008 02:01 PM

(more functional to what you want, yamatsuka eye once did a recording with his baby daughter, i think it was a 7", i can't be bothered to look it up now, i'll do so later).

✌➬ 02.17.2008 02:22 PM

Menudo!!!

✌➬ 02.17.2008 02:23 PM

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 02.17.2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I love "jamming" with my 20 month old nephew. Today I had a feedback loop going on my pedalboard and he was turning effects on and off and adjusting them for different sounds and speaking gibberish into the mic. Good times.

Since there are experimental recordings made of elephants hitting drums, I'm sure there are some with children randomly playing instruments.

oh and I know a child is far different from a monkey, But the monkey hacking at the type writer will eventually write shakespeare right? Because my nephew was hacking a toddler keyboard the other day and played the first few notes of ode to joy in perfect timing. It was weird to hear in sandwiched between a bunch of seemingly random keyboard notes.

any good ones?

You should listen to this. It's Tony Conrad's son playing with a defective turntable when he was between 2 and 3 years old. Much as I like Tony Conrad, this CD is pretty much unlistenable, but the closest thing I can think to what you're talking about:

Sorry, having trouble with the picture, it should be Thuunderboy!

atsonicpark 02.17.2008 02:43 PM

yamatasaka eye recorded his baby daughter for one of the vision recreation newsun remixes, everyneurotic.

Everyneurotic 02.17.2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
yamatasaka eye recorded his baby daughter for one of the vision recreation newsun remixes, everyneurotic.

true, but he also made another recording and released it in a crazy yamantaka ultra limited edition of like 10 or something.

i have the fact now: it's credited to minga & eye and the release is called eye loves minga, it was released by japan overseas in 1995, it was made as a handmade heart and each one was different. i don't have the exact number of copies of the edition but i bet it was small.

atsonicpark 02.17.2008 03:08 PM

ohhh yeah, i remember reading about that.

the best thing is eye doing born to be wild at a karaoke and "releasing" it to a record store, there's only 1 copy that exists and supposedly it's worth $5,000 or something.

miley cyrus is such a little tramp.

atsonicpark 02.17.2008 03:10 PM

What if he got her pregnant? Serious question.

Everyneurotic 02.17.2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

ohhh yeah, i remember reading about that.

the best thing is eye doing born to be wild at a karaoke and "releasing" it to a record store, there's only 1 copy that exists and supposedly it's worth $5,000 or something.

miley cyrus is such a little tramp.

i wonder if the guy who bought it still has it, and if there's anything left from eye's tooth anymore.

i'd really love to hear that song.

and miley cyrus rules! i'm thinking of going to see that hannah montana movie.

sarramkrop 02.18.2008 05:47 AM

''Thuunderboy!'' is a record made by young Ted Conrad, Tony Conrad's son, and it sounds like Merzbow in his infancy. A precursor of turntablism.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=3550143

SYRFox 02.18.2008 07:12 AM

Quote:

What if he got her pregnant? Serious question.

OMG

PAULYBEE2656 02.18.2008 08:41 AM

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 02.18.2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
''Thuunderboy!'' is a record made by young Ted Conrad, Tony Conrad's son, and it sounds like Merzbow in his infancy. A precursor of turntablism.

i already said that. but you forgot the "its rubbish" part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crumb's Crunchy Delights
You should listen to this. It's Tony Conrad's son playing with a defective turntable when he was between 2 and 3 years old. Much as I like Tony Conrad, this CD is pretty much unlistenable, but the closest thing I can think to what you're talking about