Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Danny Himself 11.06.2006 07:01 PM

So, you drunk? At all?

Hip Priest 11.06.2006 07:05 PM

Of course it's him! I feel all embarrassed now, like I should delete that other post.

I may have drank a little vodka, and perhaps a smidgin of cider. But drunk? Certainly not, officer.

static-harmony 11.06.2006 07:09 PM

Nazi's are idiots.

Danny Himself 11.06.2006 07:09 PM

You can totally tell, even over the internet. Sit down and behave!

Hip Priest 11.06.2006 07:13 PM

A note from my lawyer: It should be noted by the court and readers of the thread that on the night in question, not only were Mr Hip Priest's spelling and grammar beyond reproach but he also posted three consecutive links successfully. Hardly the actions of a 'wanton drunkard', as he wasn't described.

Hip Priest 11.06.2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
You wouldn’t believe in my new belle she flits and weaves a curious spell,
And under my skin there’s a place where she resides.
Finding a release in prayers and psalms I will obey her articulate commands,
She is just a coquette and how I wish I could forget.

'Coquette' is a sadly underused word.

nicfit 11.07.2006 07:26 AM

Damn.

I love that dress.

sun city girl 11.07.2006 07:57 AM

davenotdead 11.07.2006 08:06 AM

Tokolosh 11.07.2006 08:43 AM

sonicl 11.07.2006 09:38 AM

ISBN: 031602709X

Were you one of the many millions who grew up on SMASH HITS? Did you collect the stickers, pull out the posters, read the lyrics to La Bamba and suddenly realise it was a song about 'doing the goat'? (hmmm). If you remember catchphrases such as 'Uncle Disgusting' and 'sniiiip!', if you kissed your poster of Morten Harket before you went to bed or thrilled when a SMASH HITS journalist fearlessly asked David Bowie 'you're not very good at acting, are you?' - then this book is for you. In its heyday in the mid to late 1980s SMASH HITS enjoyed a circulation of over one million passionate readers. THE BEST OF SMASH HITS is for all those readers: a glorious, full-colour celebration of all the best (and some of the worst) bits. Including all the best features (Morrissey and Pete Burns' legendary joint interview!); the weirdest cover stars (Strawberry Switchblade!), the strangest song lyrics, the best 'black type' letters and more, it will also include memories from those who worked on the magazine. Genuinely engrossing, THE BEST OF SMASH HITS is a hugely entertaining jaunt back to a time when journalists asked irreverent questions and pop stars had to answer them.

Reviewer: Krissnikkers "Kriss" (Bracknell, Berks)
Amazing!
For anyone who lived through the eighties this is a must!..It has some excellant memories for me and some great pics! All I can say if this isn't in the christmas stocking of every 35 year old and over then you are missing out!

Hip Priest 11.07.2006 11:18 AM

^Nice. The Smiths (or rather Morissey) were in Smash Hits all the time back then. I remember Morissey being guest reviewer one week and giving Duran Durans Wild Boys the title of 'Single of the Week'.

Tokolosh 11.07.2006 11:20 AM

I bought every issue when I was in my teens. Those were the days. Remember the No.1 music mags?

sonicl 11.07.2006 11:25 AM

Between the ages of 13 and 17 you couldn't see the wallpaper in my bedroom for cuttings from Smash Hits. Oh, those were the days.

Number 1 rings a vague bell, but it was obviously no Smash Hits.

krastian 11.08.2006 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sun city girl

Word.....I still have my two copies of the first issue of Ren & Stimpy comics and like 6 other of the first ten issues. They're worth a little something.

alteredcourse 11.08.2006 01:35 AM

\
surely someone here knows where this is from... ??

davenotdead 11.08.2006 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alteredcourse

\
surely someone here knows where this is from... ??

im gonna guess either a David Hassellhoff video or one of Peter Jackson's earlier films...

Hip Priest 11.08.2006 07:12 PM

"Theories have four stages of acceptance:

i) this is worthless nonsense;
ii) this is an interesting, but perverse, point of view;
iii) this is true, but quite unimportant;
iv) I always said so.

- J.B.S. Haldane, 1963

samuel 11.08.2006 08:28 PM

okay

k-krack 11.08.2006 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
^Nice. The Smiths (or rather Morissey) were in Smash Hits all the time back then. I remember Morissey being guest reviewer one week and giving Duran Durans Wild Boys the title of 'Single of the Week'.

Oh man, that song is like... the bane of my existence!