Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Torn Curtain 01.04.2008 04:24 PM

My Brightest Diamond - 2007-02-25 Grenoble (France), Le Ciel Exc AUD

scott v 01.04.2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
no, i think my computer's speakers just won't go loud enough to hear anything happening at the end of the songs and i'm guessing you have to turn it up pretty loud to hear.

"Hey Hey It's Ok, Hey Hey It's Ok, Hey Hey It's Ok, Hey Hey It's Ok, Hey Hey It's Ok, Hey Hey It's Ok, Hey Hey It's Ok, Hey Hey It's Ok"

Its easiest to hear it on a good cd player (not really a portable one) that is a stereo system component and with headphones on, i heard sister on EJST&NS this way but i had to have it BLASTING so loud such that i had to know exactly when the next song was gonna start so i wouldn't destroy my hearing by either pulling the headphones off quickly or pressing mute.

gmku 01.04.2008 05:04 PM

EMMAh 01.04.2008 05:06 PM

I'm listening to my brother play X Box. Boring.

gmku 01.04.2008 05:08 PM

Game noises, shit. My wife has been doing the Brain Age and Sudoku thing on the new whatisitcalled, DSD or something, while we watch TV and it drives me nuts.

✌➬ 01.04.2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Safe as Milk

(funny story. I was in the record store hanging out at the counter. Kid comes in, kind of geeky, you know, asking the clerk if he's got in that Captain Beefheart import yet, and the clerk goes, "Let's seeeeeeee....." slowly making his way around the counter, and then, "Oh, yes... here it is..." and passes it over for the kid to inspect--who does inspect it, pulls it out, even blows on the vinyl. Then when the kid hands it back and asks "How much?," the clerk goes into a reconsidering mode, and is all, "Well, you know, on second thought, I'm not selling it this week." And the kid looks like he's going to cry and can't say anything and turns and runs out of the store. I go, "Hey, I don't have that record. I'll buy it." Clerk looks at the manager, manager shrugs and goes, "8.50." And the clerk hands it over. "So why would you sell it to me and not to him?" Clerk looks at me: "Cause you're not a geek." True story.)

That sucks.

gmku 01.04.2008 05:11 PM

Hee hee. Yeah, the clerk looked just like Jack Black, the manager just like John Cusak. Uncanny.

Rob Instigator 01.04.2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Safe as Milk

(funny story. I was in the record store hanging out at the counter. Kid comes in, kind of geeky, you know, asking the clerk if he's got in that Captain Beefheart import yet, and the clerk goes, "Let's seeeeeeee....." slowly making his way around the counter, and then, "Oh, yes... here it is..." and passes it over for the kid to inspect--who does inspect it, pulls it out, even blows on the vinyl. Then when the kid hands it back and asks "How much?," the clerk goes into a reconsidering mode, and is all, "Well, you know, on second thought, I'm not selling it this week." And the kid looks like he's going to cry and can't say anything and turns and runs out of the store. I go, "Hey, I don't have that record. I'll buy it." Clerk looks at the manager, manager shrugs and goes, "8.50." And the clerk hands it over. "So why would you sell it to me and not to him?" Clerk looks at me: "Cause you're not a geek." True story.)

hilarious!

EMMAh 01.04.2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Game noises, shit. My wife has been doing the Brain Age and Sudoku thing on the new whatisitcalled, DSD or something, while we watch TV and it drives me nuts.

It's soooo freaking annoying. First it was this game that played really emo music, now all I can here is gun fire. It blows my mind how people can play video games for so long.

Rob Instigator 01.04.2008 05:20 PM

people can play any game for a long time if they like it

some monopoly games can run hours.

risk too

people play poker for hours and hours

video games are no different.

gmku 01.04.2008 05:28 PM

Any kind of game that lasts more than an hour annoys me. I don't have the patience for it.

terminal pharmacy 01.04.2008 11:21 PM

superjudge - monster magnet

Everyneurotic 01.05.2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

Safe as Milk

don't you mean $40 dollars?

gmku 01.05.2008 12:29 AM

Yeah, probably. I don't have the script down entirely.

stu666 01.05.2008 06:00 AM

Wedding Present - Hultsfred Festival, SWE - 1992-08-08 (fm)
by willer

Torn Curtain 01.05.2008 06:42 AM

Buffalo Springfield - Buffalo Springfield Again

EvdWee 01.05.2008 08:16 AM

Eric Satie by Reinbert de Leeuw - Gnossienne no.2: Avec étonnement

stu666 01.05.2008 08:29 AM

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...?t=4935&page=2

Sonic Youth - Atari's picks#4

RdTv 01.05.2008 09:43 AM

sarramkrop 01.05.2008 10:40 AM

Im at a mate's house listening to The Sundays and The Housemartins.