Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   sonic youth unreleased material or list? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=18184)

nonny 12.06.2007 08:31 PM

sonic youth unreleased material or list?

hey guys...dont get around to posting much on the board....but was wondering if there is anywhere or a torrent were I could download alot of sonic youth unreleased material or non-album or rare stuff...or if there were a complete list of recordings on the internet somewhere?

finding nobody 12.06.2007 11:59 PM

http://sonicyouth.com/mustang/

andrei 12.07.2007 02:33 AM

For live performances (bootlegs) get a Dimeadozen account. If you're not too lucky with that you can try Zomb torrents. You will not find as many goodies as on Dime, but it's worth a check-out. As for unreleased SY stuff, i don't think you'll find 'em grouped somwhere on the internet, you'll need to search it out.

nonny 12.07.2007 03:48 AM

cheers, thanks mate...Just interested in getting some live and rare stuff...get my self ready for sonic youth comming to Australia next year

nonny 12.07.2007 04:19 AM

oh and would anyone be able to recomend any shows to download?

mil_pl 12.07.2007 05:42 AM

live shows video from 2007 ! can anybody?

andrei 12.07.2007 06:39 AM

The New York DDN performance, i think is still up on Dime. Also Sonicl shared some cool videos for the Villette performance and Expressway from Roaundhouse DDN show. They were shared on here, but i don't think the links are still up. I didn't donwload them cause Sonicl was kind enough to send me the uncompressed versions of both performances, so i can't upload them. Maybe, when i'll have time and the necesarry skills to transfer them to DVD with proper lossles sound, i will share em on Dime or something like that. There are also some excerpts from Coachella and Primavera Sound Festival circulating. Maybe i will upload em on here if i'll find time to do so.

nicfit 12.07.2007 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrei
The New York DDN performance

???Oh dear, I missed this???
will check back home... :D

Toxa 12.07.2007 11:15 AM

I think that NYC DDN video really sucks.. very shaky cam, no close shots at all, a lot of talkers around... It's not enjoyable for me.

nicfit 12.07.2007 11:21 AM

Oh, I see... maybe I "skipped" it willingly and forgot about its existence, then :D.

andrei 12.07.2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxa
I think that NYC DDN video really sucks.. very shaky cam, no close shots at all, a lot of talkers around... It's not enjoyable for me.

Yes, it's not the best video, but it's the only DDN footage so far (excluding the Candle video from Primavera Fest).

nicfit 12.07.2007 11:29 AM

and my non-professional rain king video :D

greenlight 12.07.2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrei
The New York DDN performance, i think is still up on Dime. Also Sonicl shared some cool videos for the Villette performance and Expressway from Roaundhouse DDN show. They were shared on here, but i don't think the links are still up. I didn't donwload them cause Sonicl was kind enough to send me the uncompressed versions of both performances, so i can't upload them. Maybe, when i'll have time and the necesarry skills to transfer them to DVD with proper lossles sound, i will share em on Dime or something like that. There are also some excerpts from Coachella and Primavera Sound Festival circulating. Maybe i will upload em on here if i'll find time to do so.

by the way. trying to put together Prague '07 DVD, but it's pain in the ass and it will take some time. it's complicated. there's video out there but without proper audio. there's audio source (long story /as well/), so audio and video (from two different sources) needs to be mixed, which is not easy (especially when the video is not complete), so more advanced help is needed (working on that as well), not saying that trying to get hold of the video seems to be REALLY long process, still not sure if I'll manage to get hold of it.

what other videos from '07 are out there? yes, New York, Moscow and Paris (not complete).

I believe at least half of them was shooted (and pro), but it'll take time for them to surface, if they ever will.

andrei 12.07.2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight

what other videos from '07 are out there? yes, New York, Moscow and Paris (not complete).

Another one is the Coachella streamed asf. file... and that's it (as far as i remember right now:) )

noisereductions 12.07.2007 12:30 PM

I'm trying to find audio of that Moscow show... but I don't do bit torrent. Someone could/should host the mp3's. Please?