Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

floatingslowly 02.12.2008 11:29 PM

that's the LAST TIME I worry about you coughing up blood. :mad:

krastian 02.12.2008 11:35 PM

I'm a horrible person, I know.

Cantankerous 02.13.2008 12:16 AM

speaking of coughing up blood, i was coughing up huge hunks of green, chunky, extremely bloody phlegm the other day
it's all good now

Everyneurotic 02.13.2008 12:21 AM

i just spent a whole hour searching in bars downtown for a buddy i was supposed to go drink with but no fucking dice.

ps: who the fuck blocked my loudness...i mean boris signature?

ALIEN ANAL 02.13.2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
speaking of coughing up blood, i was coughing up huge hunks of green, chunky, extremely bloody phlegm the other day
it's all good now

oh shit, are you alright? what was wrong?

RdTv 02.13.2008 12:23 AM

I just finished watching 'I Am Legend' for the third time and it does not get any better with each viewing. As a matter of fact it deteriorates.

ALIEN ANAL 02.13.2008 12:26 AM

why the fuck would you watch that 3 times, getting through it the first time was hard enough

its such a shitty movie, with shitty pointless cgi
and will fucken smith

Cantankerous 02.13.2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
oh shit, are you alright? what was wrong?

i'm fine, it wasn't even painful or anything, i think i might have had an ear infection/upper respiratory infection though. it's gone now whatever it was. there was blood in my snot when i blew my nose, too, and i couldn't hear and my ears kept popping randomly and then i'd be able to.

RdTv 02.13.2008 12:29 AM

^Rest assured I DID NOT watch it at the theaters three times. My wifes dad gave us a bootleg from Hong Kong and it was something that just kinda happened.

afterthefact 02.13.2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RdTv
I just finished watching 'I Am Legend' for the third time and it does not get any better with each viewing. As a matter of fact it deteriorates.

You didn't like it? Watch Omega Man, it will make you appreciate I Am Legend a lot more.

krastian 02.13.2008 11:54 PM

RdTv 02.14.2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
You didn't like it? Watch Omega Man, it will make you appreciate I Am Legend a lot more.

I've seen The Omega Man. Will Smith does not do it for me. Maybe its because I saw an interview with him about the movie and he hyped it as a ''fall character film, with more of an indie feel to it than a holly woood blockbuster''. Of course after watching it I realized that wasn't true.

afterthefact 02.14.2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RdTv
I've seen The Omega Man. Will Smith does not do it for me. Maybe its because I saw an interview with him about the movie and he hyped it as a ''fall character film, with more of an indie feel to it than a holly woood blockbuster''. Of course after watching it I realized that wasn't true.

Well you have to look at it from his perspective of what he probably meant by an indie film. I doubt he meant it would look like it was directed by Gus Van Sant (thank GOD), but instead said it to try and convey that it wouldn't have as much appeal to the audience usually targeted by summer blockbusters. And for that he was correct; the people who were dying to see it just for seeing NYC overgrown and big monsters ended up a little dissappointed. I don't think he was trying to categorize the film, but give a little more of a warning to the mainstream audience.

And once again, I can't help but compare it to The Omega Man. I'd take Will Smith's subtle look of dread when he knew the sun was going down over Charlton Heston screaming to himself "It's getting dark! They will wake up soon!" any day.

EMMAh 02.14.2008 07:44 PM

Random guys staying in the same hotel as me and my friend's (at a ski resort)
They were singing happy birthday

sonicl 02.17.2008 07:28 AM

Snow in Athens today? Wow.

And Coca's a real cutie.

sonicl 02.17.2008 07:45 AM

su x* 02.17.2008 08:04 AM

he challenged your pet!

nicfit 02.17.2008 11:42 AM

Confucious is sex 02.17.2008 11:59 AM

What did you do for Valentines day? I watched a midget tap dancing and a Frank Sinatra tribute act dressed as Hitler.

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 02.17.2008 03:27 PM

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.